R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 07:39 AM   #31
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I think that's a receiver for aircraft.
You mean it can't be used in a car? Why?
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #32
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

I'm totally buying a tyco radio because it's recv is smaller
JayL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #33
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Portage, MN
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Just e-mailed Futaba and No Go for the 3pm and 3pk. on the new receiver. The 4pk is backwards compatible though
jdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 AM   #34
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, I imagine Futaba did this to push people to buy their new radio. Too bad because a new micro receiver would be an option upgrade and most receivers are going for $100. Looks like pure profit to me. If they won't do something soon, I'll be considering a Spektrum radio in the future. Fubaba has really let Spektrum pass them up in progression. Futaba has rock solid products but so does the competition.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:11 AM   #35
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Yeah, I imagine Futaba did this to push people to buy their new radio. Too bad because a new micro receiver would be an option upgrade and most receivers are going for $100. Looks like pure profit to me. If they won't do something soon, I'll be considering a Spektrum radio in the future. Fubaba has really let Spektrum pass them up in progression. Futaba has rock solid products but so does the competition.
Upgrading is part of this ever evolving sport we call RC racing. Step up or step out.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 AM   #36
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsg View Post
604FS/R614FF receivers have different GUID, and different transmitting mode than the R603FS/R603FF Rx. The 3pk/3pks FASST module only transmit in FASST (C1) mode, and won't be able to bind to the 4 ch Rx.
This guy has it right. The 3PK transmits in C1 FASST Mode only. The 4PK/4PKS can transmit C1 or C2 FASST mode and is user selectable from the menus.

I recently picked up the new R614FF for my 4PK and it works perfectly (in C2 mode of course). It replaced a R603FS because I was tired of switching between C1 and C2 modes each time I changed cars.

The R614FF is still not as small as the KO or Spektrum RX's, but it's not an elephant either. I'm happy with the size and weight compared to the older models.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #37
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
This guy has it right. The 3PK transmits in C1 FASST Mode only. The 4PK/4PKS can transmit C1 or C2 FASST mode and is user selectable from the menus.

I recently picked up the new R614FF for my 4PK and it works perfectly (in C2 mode of course). It replaced a R603FS because I was tired of switching between C1 and C2 modes each time I changed cars.

The R614FF is still not as small as the KO or Spektrum RX's, but it's not an elephant either. I'm happy with the size and weight compared to the older models.
+1 very happy with r614ff
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #38
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,710
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Yeah, I imagine Futaba did this to push people to buy their new radio. Too bad because a new micro receiver would be an option upgrade and most receivers are going for $100. Looks like pure profit to me. If they won't do something soon, I'll be considering a Spektrum radio in the future. Fubaba has really let Spektrum pass them up in progression. Futaba has rock solid products but so does the competition.
I disagree, I currently have the DX3-R and am ready to trade it for a 4pk. Small receiver or not I have gone through 3 Rx in different cars, 1 quit binding, the other 2 have very weak range and loose connection. Sure they fix or replace them but that does not fix the 2 regional qualifiers I spent finding the problem or the parts I bought due to an out of control car.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:45 AM   #39
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
I disagree, I currently have the DX3-R and am ready to trade it for a 4pk. Small receiver or not I have gone through 3 Rx in different cars, 1 quit binding, the other 2 have very weak range and loose connection. Sure they fix or replace them but that does not fix the 2 regional qualifiers I spent finding the problem or the parts I bought due to an out of control car.
Same reason I switched. I am very happy with my 4pk
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Dang that sux to read. I like Futaba products and I'm willing to spend the money for a micro receiver. Just wish they made one for their lower end radios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
I disagree, I currently have the DX3-R and am ready to trade it for a 4pk. Small receiver or not I have gone through 3 Rx in different cars, 1 quit binding, the other 2 have very weak range and loose connection. Sure they fix or replace them but that does not fix the 2 regional qualifiers I spent finding the problem or the parts I bought due to an out of control car.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 AM   #41
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 220
Default

Does anyone know about 3VCS compatibility with the 614ff receiver?
I am currently using a 603FS that came with it. I race 1/12 so a smaller and lighter receiver would be great!
chris_blakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:00 AM   #42
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I looked closer at the 4PK and it's not too bad looking, but it's $500? Just too bad Futaba is dumping on us lower end radio users.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #43
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,468
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I looked closer at the 4PK and it's not too bad looking, but it's $500? Just too bad Futaba is dumping on us lower end radio users.
with the new 4pks out. The price on the 4pk will drop very soon.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #44
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_blakey View Post
Does anyone know about 3VCS compatibility with the 614ff receiver?
I am currently using a 603FS that came with it. I race 1/12 so a smaller and lighter receiver would be great!
The 604FS and 614FF only work with the 4pk/4pks because they only run in C2 mode. The 4pk/4pks are the only radios that support C2 mode.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #45
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I looked closer at the 4PK and it's not too bad looking, but it's $500? Just too bad Futaba is dumping on us lower end radio users.
Once you own one you will know why it costs $500! The things you can program with this radio is amazing not to mention the quality and performance.

Futaba doesn't dump on the low end radio users, they have lower end models. You are just whining cause you want the highest end radio for the lowest price. You get what you pay for!!!
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba micro receiver? RCknight Radio and Electronics 6 11-23-2009 06:06 PM
Futaba micro receiver dsc installed whynot R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 09-10-2004 05:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net