Like Tree52Likes

Schumacher Mi1

Old 01-02-2018, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all I'm new to 1/10 TC and I'm very interested in Mi1v2. I have a 1/8 buggy used mainly for bashing and sometimes I run it on local onroad track. (used to have offroad track access but now none). So I guess it's time to try out 1/10 TC.

I plan to use this car on asphalt track (unprepared most of the time) and on asphalt parking lot for bashing. For power system I'm looking at Hobbyking 1/10 ESC+motor pack which costs minimum and has good reputation.

My question is, can this car perform well for my parking lot bashing and occasional asphalt track racing? I don't have experience with on-road cars, nor belt driven ones with exposed drive chain so I guess it should be very different from my bashing-oriented 1/8 buggy. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
Hi all I'm new to 1/10 TC and I'm very interested in Mi1v2. I have a 1/8 buggy used mainly for bashing and sometimes I run it on local onroad track. (used to have offroad track access but now none). So I guess it's time to try out 1/10 TC.

I plan to use this car on asphalt track (unprepared most of the time) and on asphalt parking lot for bashing. For power system I'm looking at Hobbyking 1/10 ESC+motor pack which costs minimum and has good reputation.

My question is, can this car perform well for my parking lot bashing and occasional asphalt track racing? I don't have experience with on-road cars, nor belt driven ones with exposed drive chain so I guess it should be very different from my bashing-oriented 1/8 buggy. Thanks.

Absolutely, this is a great car for a beginning touring car racer and is also great for bashing. It is built like a tank and so is much more durable for that reason. I will not tell you that with this car you would be as fast as the more experienced drivers running a more modern designed car but just starting out it will be a perfect car for you.
5th wheel and ImacFanatic like this.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have the Mi 1 like the other guy said itís a great car to start out with. I run my Mi 1 in VTA class 25.5 motor just stock ESC does a good job on a large asphalt track.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for those answers. Looks like a great choice to me

My next question is, for bashing purpose the car should run as quickly as possible and it doesn't really matter if it corners well. I won't join any local track racing for now, just use the on-road track for bashing or occasional run. If this is what I'm going to use this car for, do I still need the front spool and double joint CV? I plan to use Hobbyking Trackstar 21.5T motor, what gear ratio (pinion/spur teeth) range should I be looking at? Just occasional use on track for fun, not for club racing.

Thanks all!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for those answers. Looks like a great choice to me

My next question is, for bashing purpose the car should run as quickly as possible and it doesn't really matter if it corners well. I won't join any local track racing for now, just use the on-road track for bashing or occasional run. If this is what I'm going to use this car for, do I still need the front spool and double joint CV? I plan to use Hobbyking Trackstar 21.5T motor, what gear ratio (pinion/spur teeth) range should I be looking at? Just occasional use on track for fun, not for club racing.

Thanks all!

I wouldn't worry about those upgrades until you're ready to start racing. Just have fun with it, it's a great car.

I think somewhere in the 4.0-3.8 range would work just fine for gearing. Start low and go bigger based on heat and the size of track you're using.
5th wheel and starryalley like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:09 PM
JC3
Tech Regular

Default Shock Size

Do 55 or 60mm shocks come stock on the Mi1-V2?

I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the details or manual. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2018, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes.you can adjust the shock length to were you need it.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 PM
JC3
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
Yes.you can adjust the shock length to were you need it.
Thanks!
Old 04-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I put my M1V2 on the track last weekend in USGT and it did remarkably well considering the field I was racing with, xray,yokomo, team c, tc 7.1 etc.
I went back to the kit green springs and actually put the front diff back in and shelved the spool. Seems my driving style is better suited to the diff, someday I'll learn to control a spool.
DNF in the main due to radio issue but held its own for sure. All around good car yet would be best suited for VTA class.
My AUW with a 6000mah pack is 1469. Almost 800g heaver than the 1380g weight for USGT and a 5000mah leaves it off balance.
For sure a near bomb proof chassis, I made no repairs, set up, tweak or re adjustments on station all day and that's a first.
The only upgrade on it now is the 64p gear adaptor and alloy lay shaft pulley.

qcrc and cementsurfer86 like this.

Last edited by ImacFanatic; 04-08-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Still have my mi1 good car but you’re right vta is a good class for this chassis
Old 04-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I won’t run vta anymore the new. Vta tires suck for asphalt track
Old 04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is that a hw v3.1 in your mi1 ? What’s your esc setting s I need a place to start its been a while since I used a HW .the 120amp
Old 04-28-2018, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
Is that a hw v3.1 in your mi1 ? Whatís your esc setting s I need a place to start its been a while since I used a HW .the 120amp
I got lucky and won an eBay auction for 3 of them for 150.00 , used but all work well. Just Stock was in everything before.
the HW 3.1 is great the base blinky setting works well and I added 10 on drag brake and lowered the punch , everything else is stock settings. I did have to turn off esc, voltage and motor temp fail safes, it shut off mid race in main from false reading, probably from the sensor wire ? . Man, I ran in a boosted mode in practice and blinky sure is a whole lot slower.
the HW wifi module and app is a treat to use. Highly suggest one if you don't have one already.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ImacFanatic View Post
I got lucky and won an eBay auction for 3 of them for 150.00 , used but all work well. Just Stock was in everything before.
the HW 3.1 is great the base blinky setting works well and I added 10 on drag brake and lowered the punch , everything else is stock settings. I did have to turn off esc, voltage and motor temp fail safes, it shut off mid race in main from false reading, probably from the sensor wire ? . Man, I ran in a boosted mode in practice and blinky sure is a whole lot slower.
the HW wifi module and app is a treat to use. Highly suggest one if you don't have one already.
thatís great thank you for the information. Jerry
Old 04-28-2018, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone here have a spec r gear diff for sale for the Mi4 Schumacher ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service