R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree49Likes

Old 01-02-2018, 03:43 AM   #361
Tech Apprentice

Hi all I'm new to 1/10 TC and I'm very interested in Mi1v2. I have a 1/8 buggy used mainly for bashing and sometimes I run it on local onroad track. (used to have offroad track access but now none). So I guess it's time to try out 1/10 TC.

I plan to use this car on asphalt track (unprepared most of the time) and on asphalt parking lot for bashing. For power system I'm looking at Hobbyking 1/10 ESC+motor pack which costs minimum and has good reputation.

My question is, can this car perform well for my parking lot bashing and occasional asphalt track racing? I don't have experience with on-road cars, nor belt driven ones with exposed drive chain so I guess it should be very different from my bashing-oriented 1/8 buggy. Thanks.
starryalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:10 AM   #362
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Shane Reinink

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryalley View Post
Hi all I'm new to 1/10 TC and I'm very interested in Mi1v2. I have a 1/8 buggy used mainly for bashing and sometimes I run it on local onroad track. (used to have offroad track access but now none). So I guess it's time to try out 1/10 TC.

I plan to use this car on asphalt track (unprepared most of the time) and on asphalt parking lot for bashing. For power system I'm looking at Hobbyking 1/10 ESC+motor pack which costs minimum and has good reputation.

My question is, can this car perform well for my parking lot bashing and occasional asphalt track racing? I don't have experience with on-road cars, nor belt driven ones with exposed drive chain so I guess it should be very different from my bashing-oriented 1/8 buggy. Thanks.

Absolutely, this is a great car for a beginning touring car racer and is also great for bashing. It is built like a tank and so is much more durable for that reason. I will not tell you that with this car you would be as fast as the more experienced drivers running a more modern designed car but just starting out it will be a perfect car for you.
5th wheel likes this.
Shane Reinink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #363
Tech Addict

Quote:

I have the Mi 1 like the other guy said itís a great car to start out with. I run my Mi 1 in VTA class 25.5 motor just stock ESC does a good job on a large asphalt track.
5th wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #364
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for those answers. Looks like a great choice to me

My next question is, for bashing purpose the car should run as quickly as possible and it doesn't really matter if it corners well. I won't join any local track racing for now, just use the on-road track for bashing or occasional run. If this is what I'm going to use this car for, do I still need the front spool and double joint CV? I plan to use Hobbyking Trackstar 21.5T motor, what gear ratio (pinion/spur teeth) range should I be looking at? Just occasional use on track for fun, not for club racing.

Thanks all!
starryalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #365
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for those answers. Looks like a great choice to me

My next question is, for bashing purpose the car should run as quickly as possible and it doesn't really matter if it corners well. I won't join any local track racing for now, just use the on-road track for bashing or occasional run. If this is what I'm going to use this car for, do I still need the front spool and double joint CV? I plan to use Hobbyking Trackstar 21.5T motor, what gear ratio (pinion/spur teeth) range should I be looking at? Just occasional use on track for fun, not for club racing.

Thanks all!

I wouldn't worry about those upgrades until you're ready to start racing. Just have fun with it, it's a great car.

I think somewhere in the 4.0-3.8 range would work just fine for gearing. Start low and go bigger based on heat and the size of track you're using.
5th wheel and starryalley like this.
theRACERunderground - "Budget Champions"
www.theracerunderground.blogspot.com
cementsurfer86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #366
JC3
Tech Rookie

Default Shock Size

Do 55 or 60mm shocks come stock on the Mi1-V2?

I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the details or manual. Thanks!
JC3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #367
Tech Addict

Yes.you can adjust the shock length to were you need it.
5th wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #368
JC3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th wheel View Post
Yes.you can adjust the shock length to were you need it.
Thanks!
JC3 is online now   Reply With Quote