Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help with my HPI Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help with my HPI Car

so ive been wanting to get back into the whole r/c thing...

i found my old one..it WAS the top of the line electric car when i got it..

its a HPI Racing kit car..came with a WRX body but i cant find that..i HAD a 2002 ws6 body but i lost it

so...my question is...how does it look mechanical wise? i know im missing some things and the motor is blown but lemme kno what you see...

oh and i also dont have the OG remote...how hard is it to re-program a new remote with the old receiver??

pics...

Old 10-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

The top deck is snapped, the spur gear assembly and gear is missing, bent body posts etc... it looks beaten up.

Parts are hard to get for it (its a HPI RS4 Rally), but it has some value when its complete and in good condition. Its just a case of finding those parts new again, because virtually no shops will have them on the shelves.

A new transmitter wouldn't be hard to use with a new receiver as long as you use the right crystals and stick to the proper frequency (27mhz transmitter with 27mhz receiver and crystals etc).
Old 10-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

uhhh...i actually found ALL the parts i needed to fix it at the local hobbie shop

its up and running really good