R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Novak Two, will the RMF Havoc 2S Club Brushless Combo 17.5 work with a 1S lipo if you use either the Novak 1S booster or the TQ Cells 1S booster? We race direct drive pan cars with 1S lipos.

Glad to see that Novak now has a sub-$100 brushless system. Fantastic!!
Yes. Adding our SmartBoost dual module you have both a booster and a 1S lipo cut off. We also have a Havoc 1S esc, with the SB circuitry built in.

If there is interest, we could combo a single cell system similar to the 2S Club combo described at the link above.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
(-) Initial cost of an ESC and motor is generally higher than in the brushed days, although there are some very good value combos around as well.

Good day!

I just came across an January 1994 issue of the "Boat Modeler 94 Buyers Guide" and inside I find a Novak brushed esc model 410-HPC with a price of $195 and a Novak model 410-M1C with a price of $175. That is simmilar pricing of todays esc's 16 years ago and todays producs are far better!
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCbud View Post
Good day!

I just came across an January 1994 issue of the "Boat Modeler 94 Buyers Guide" and inside I find a Novak brushed esc model 410-HPC with a price of $195 and a Novak model 410-M1C with a price of $175. That is simmilar pricing of todays esc's 16 years ago and todays producs are far better!
Using a single statistic WAY out of context proves nothing.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Using a single statistic WAY out of context proves nothing.

Sorry, I don't quite get this comment. The main complaint that the cost of the esc's is more now then it was then is what I was compairing to. If you are refurring to the fact that it is a boating book, I had one of those ESCs in my first rc car.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!

Last edited by BCbud; 10-16-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added another comment.
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Novak Two said: "If there is interest, we could combo a single cell system similar to the 2S Club combo described at the link above."

Would that sell for the same price as the RMF Havoc 2S Club Brushless Combo which is around $90?
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
Company Representative

Quote:
Novak Two said: "If there is interest, we could combo a single cell system similar to the 2S Club combo described at the link above."

Would that sell for the same price as the RMF Havoc 2S Club Brushless Combo which is around $90?
Close, but more like 99.00
Old 10-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I raced stock for 20 years in a highly competitive area. I spent enough money during that time on motors of the month, brushes every run, com lathes, drops, alignment tools, magnet zappers, dynos, new faster speedos...you get the pic. I was fast as hell but racers that did not shell out the same $$ as me or didnt bother to learn all the tricks suffered.

Now motors cost 2x the price of a stock motor, bl-esc's are really about the same price as premium br-esc's like Keyence Rapida, NovakGTX, and LRP Quantum Pros. Lipo batts last longer and are far less expensive than the 5 matched, zapped, packs that would only last for 20 good runs each that I had to keep in rotation.

Now its not as much of a money game. Now you have to learn the tech of bl systems and stay on top of developments. Thats a lot less expensive.

Seriously, if you want to race you have to learn what to do. Car setup, esc programming, motor setup, driving, getting track time...its not easy but it is fun in a lot of ways. If you are not prepared to put in the time to go fast dont complain when you are not. Save your money, get a traxxas and bash in you back yard.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I raced stock for 20 years in a highly competitive area. I spent enough money during that time on motors of the month, brushes every run, com lathes, drops, alignment tools, magnet zappers, dynos, new faster speedos...you get the pic. I was fast as hell but racers that did not shell out the same $$ as me or didnt bother to learn all the tricks suffered.

Now motors cost 2x the price of a stock motor, bl-esc's are really about the same price as premium br-esc's like Keyence Rapida, NovakGTX, and LRP Quantum Pros. Lipo batts last longer and are far less expensive than the 5 matched, zapped, packs that would only last for 20 good runs each that I had to keep in rotation.

Now its not as much of a money game. Now you have to learn the tech of bl systems and stay on top of developments. Thats a lot less expensive.

Seriously, if you want to race you have to learn what to do. Car setup, esc programming, motor setup, driving, getting track time...its not easy but it is fun in a lot of ways. If you are not prepared to put in the time to go fast dont complain when you are not. Save your money, get a traxxas and bash in you back yard.
Totally agree with you there, times move on and so do we.
I use alot of time on my car testing different things, others think i cheat and check my motor to see if i run illegal motor all the time. We run spec, all use same combo so i'm easy tech'ed. My reason for being fast is set-up and practice, nothing more. So it's like you said, put in the work and be prepared!
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info Novak Two. Regarding the 2S and 1S RMF Havoc Club Brushless Combos, are they available through my local hobby shop or are they available only direct from Novak online? I understand that they are re-manufactured units. I would prefer to give the local hobby shop/raceway my business so that they stay in business. We all need to support our local hobby shops and raceways!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #25
Company Representative

Quote:
Thanks for the info Novak Two. Regarding the 2S and 1S RMF Havoc Club Brushless Combos, are they available through my local hobby shop or are they available only direct from Novak online? I understand that they are re-manufactured units. I would prefer to give the local hobby shop/raceway my business so that they stay in business. We all need to support our local hobby shops and raceways!
Re-manufactured items are only offered in our store and quantities are often limited (periodically unavailable) due to supply. We do offer the same, new systems through distribution:

Havoc 1S / SS Pro Brushless Systems

Havoc 2S Spec Sensored Brushless Systems

Our Havoc 1S Systems are slightly more expensive due to the inclusion of our SmartBoost circuitry, which eliminates the need for a separate 1S lipo cut-off and booster module. For those of you running single cell spec, is the motor wind 17.5T?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At Hangar 30 it's 1S/13.5/Sportsman ESC. We call it Stock 1/12th. The class is growing New people are throwing in every time we race. It's awesome.

WGT is 1S/10.5/Sportsman ESC. Very close to 13.5 with boost, just simpler.

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store.
Stand it like a man, and give some back. --Al Swearengen
PutAwayWet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Novak Two, one of the classes runs 17.5 the other 21.5. Both are pan car classes.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #28
Company Representative

Although, we do not (at this time) offer Havoc 1S/SS Pro Combos, I checked our Re-Manufactured store and these are current prices:

RMF Havoc Sport 1S Brushless/Brush ESC

RMF SS Pro Brushless Motors