Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Epic Duo3 17.5T vs Speed Passion Competition V3.0 17.5R >

Epic Duo3 17.5T vs Speed Passion Competition V3.0 17.5R

Epic Duo3 17.5T vs Speed Passion Competition V3.0 17.5R

Old 10-08-2010, 12:07 AM
  #1  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 49
Default Epic Duo3 17.5T vs Speed Passion Competition V3.0 17.5R

I'm new in RC electric 1/10 I bought a used Xray T2 2008.
I'm thinking between 2 brushless motor Epic Duo3 17.5T Tritep1053 or Speed Passion Competition V3.0 17.5R, can someone help me to decide which I gonna purchase, I do plan to buy Castle Creation Mamba Max Pro ESC. Both motors are new model
Geiger is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,646
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Don't think the Duo3 is out just yet, so its tough to compare.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

The Duo3 isn't available yet (it will be in about 2 weeks) but from what I have heard it awesome. The SP is a pretty good motor but I have never seen one that was as fast as a Duo2. It's more of a torque based motor, whereas the Duo2/Duo3 are RPM motors.
M-Technic is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
  #4  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by Geiger View Post
I'm new in RC electric 1/10 I bought a used Xray T2 2008.
I'm thinking between 2 brushless motor Epic Duo3 17.5T Tritep1053 or Speed Passion Competition V3.0 17.5R, can someone help me to decide which I gonna purchase, I do plan to buy Castle Creation Mamba Max Pro ESC. Both motors are new model
So if I gonna buy Epic Duo3 17.5T, What is the best ESC can i put on it? LRP SXX TC Spec Version 2 or Tekin RS or Tekin RS Pro?
Geiger is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:30 PM
  #5  
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default

Originally Posted by Geiger View Post
So if I gonna buy Epic Duo3 17.5T, What is the best ESC can i put on it? LRP SXX TC Spec Version 2 or Tekin RS or Tekin RS Pro?
For 17.5, all you need is a Tekin RS. No need for the Pro in Stock or Super Stock.
CarbonJoe is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:34 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Revlimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Worthleavin, KS
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I would have to suggest the tekin rs, you don't need the pro unless you plan to run mod (5.5t and up). I would also have to suggest a BOSS motor, they are tuned speed passion v3s. They are the fastest around that I have seen. Here is a link, bossrcmotorsports.com. Nathan is a really good guy to work with and will help you get running and running FAST.
Revlimit is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 02:48 AM
  #7  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (64)
 
Jamison R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,572
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Revlimit View Post
I would have to suggest the tekin rs, you don't need the pro unless you plan to run mod (5.5t and up). I would also have to suggest a BOSS motor, they are tuned speed passion v3s. They are the fastest around that I have seen. Here is a link, bossrcmotorsports.com. Nathan is a really good guy to work with and will help you get running and running FAST.
+1 agree 100% BOSS power
Jamison R is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (141)
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,138
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Revlimit View Post
I would have to suggest the tekin rs, you don't need the pro unless you plan to run mod (5.5t and up). I would also have to suggest a BOSS motor, they are tuned speed passion v3s. They are the fastest around that I have seen. Here is a link, bossrcmotorsports.com. Nathan is a really good guy to work with and will help you get running and running FAST.
do you really believe in a 'tuned' brushless motor?
hacker is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:46 AM
  #9  
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default

Originally Posted by hacker View Post
do you really believe in a 'tuned' brushless motor?
Are you implying that applying a sticker isn't "tuning"?

More likely, cherry picking rotors and specific inductance cans, matching them up for team drivers, and selling the rest off as "tuned" motors. What else can be done, except maybe shimming the rotor?
CarbonJoe is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:56 AM
  #10  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (36)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,293
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Are you implying that applying a sticker isn't "tuning"?

More likely, cherry picking rotors and specific inductance cans, matching them up for team drivers, and selling the rest off as "tuned" motors. What else can be done, except maybe shimming the rotor?
shimming and balancing the rotor, I don't know if any of the tuners know how to properly balance a rotor though?
abailey21 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 08:03 AM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (141)
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,138
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Are you implying that applying a sticker isn't "tuning"?

More likely, cherry picking rotors and specific inductance cans, matching them up for team drivers, and selling the rest off as "tuned" motors. What else can be done, except maybe shimming the rotor?
yep I agree exactly! anyone can buy a bunch of motors and stick their own label on.

team drivers get the best of the best, the rest are sold off to suckers like you and me. Not really, as I will never buy another 'tuned' motor again as it wont be any better than the ones that come off straight from trinity or SP/feigao .

gone are the brushed days where there may be a huge advantage to 'tuning' your stock motor! It's a speed control battle now!
hacker is offline  
Old 12-21-2010, 05:15 AM
  #12  
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

now, you guys can compare...

which one better ?
how do you feel with those ?
rendcool is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.