R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiek View Post
Thank you for your advice. For sure I will stop by at the Track to see what's allowed and based on that I will make my final choice.
I might be mistaken but I think they require brushless 25.5T for they VTA class..
We are following the 25.5 vta rules for this year. Mini's are silver can motors. We had a good mini program all last winter so we are hopeful of keeping it going this year. The only thing I would say is that vta will ALWAYS be running due to the number of people that run the class.

michael.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
We are following the 25.5 vta rules for this year. Mini's are silver can motors. We had a good mini program all last winter so we are hopeful of keeping it going this year. The only thing I would say is that vta will ALWAYS be running due to the number of people that run the class.

michael.
Michael,

Do you guys allow M04L? How popular is the mini class at The Track?
Misiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Get a mini. All you need are the shocks and bearings. Cheapest and easiest way to have fun.
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
Get a mini. All you need are the shocks and bearings. Cheapest and easiest way to have fun.
I'm pretty sure that I will join the mini class...next question..which mini to get..questions, questions..sucks to be a newbie
Misiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Michael,

Do you guys allow M04L? How popular is the mini class at The Track?
Ok, we usually had 1 heat 6-8 minis. Our high was probably 16. Some of our racers are pretty dedicated. As far as M04L, I don't think there is a problem but you would be best served to post on The Track's thread in the Ill/Wis racing forum so Eric (owner) can answer.

Also, posting on the thread is a good way to get the mini racers out.

michael.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that I will join the mini class...next question..which mini to get..questions, questions..sucks to be a newbie
See what everyone at the track is running. I have an M03r and a M05. I go back and forth between the two. I think right now I like the M05 better.

The big thing is to talk to the guys at the track and see what works best. If you are new, you dont want to be chasing a set up on a car that no one runs.

If you havent already, check out the mini thead on here and
http://www.rc-mini.net . The website has tons of info to get you started.

Have Fun!
gruman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #22

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if u havent decided i have a race ready (TCS Legal) mini m03 with all the trick bits taken care of for a new owner (all the upgrade steering parts), tons of race tires (MGrip, SGrip TypeAs), 2 sets of oil shocks, novak GTS, steering servo, orion 3000mah stick style lipo. short chassis and long chassis and a mini body for each, lots of spare parts, in short add your silver can motor or use handouts if thats what ur track does and u have a turnkey mini racer w/o any of the hopup headaches that most folks have to learn the hard way gettin started.

lemme know.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:11 AM   #23
Tech Initiate

I have a M04L myself and was told at a track I couldn't run the 04L, but if I removed the spacer I could run it. I was pissed so I just never went back but that track is no longer open, the owner also told me I couldn't run stock with another tracks handout motor.

Where I used to live and race we had a TL-01 class for beginners it was a very simple class, rules were Tamiya TCS rules with the only exception being tires(indoor carpet track) but the only tires allowed were green dots front and rear. Then we figured out how nice a car they were to drive and some of us in the "pro" class ran a TL-01 Pro class and it was interesting to see 10 of them crossing the finish line within a few thousands of seconds of each other. With that I would say if there is a spec class for beginners I would start there get used to driving the car on a track since it is way different then just bashing around on the street or in a parking lot. Then when your ready to move up to a faster class you can probably find someone who is looking to get started and sell them your old car or trade it(depending on LHS or track) towards your next car.

Enjoy and welcome to the sport.
FoxRob is offline   Reply With Quote