R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I think the d drive sports english page has been hacked. There is a bunch of Turk crap on there. Nothing about RCF1.

Noooooooo! They got stuff I need...Now! Dangit.

Somebody get over there and fix it for them.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #272
Tech Apprentice

Default Balance

I did some testing on Monday and have a question for you guys. I decided to make the car a bit lighter. After I put it on the scales, I saw that the right front had over 40 grams more of weight on it than left front. Other than moving the electronics around and adding weight on the arms, what other ways are you guys adjusting the weight distribution? Be cool...
jujubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #273
Tech Master

Hmmm, I wonder how many F1's will show up for this weekends TCS RACE @ THE COLISEUM

There's a new track record for the current layout 32 laps 6.09.461. Set by Jamie Hanson. WOW! Damn that's mad fast.

F1 Jet, Im down for two classes of F1, the second being foam.

Rumor has it, there are a few guys from NY & NJ coming down for this TCS race.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #274
Tech Fanatic

Cool THE C GANG

I wonder if T Marshall will show up
RDSquared, 5Nines, Ghetto racing, Webb Designes,Evil Monkey Motorsports,Old is good VTA ,Johns Moblie Racway,MRH racing,Old school.Also if you have a curfew or something else you should be doing ,don't make your problems MINE.And forget Terris famous cookies,
Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #275
Suspended

Do you guys also run outdoors in a wide open track, pro10 european style (2s/mod motors)? I upgraded a Nikko f1(rubber tires) with a novak gtb , ballistic 4.5r ,ball bearings, unique damping system and high speed servo to run with the 8scales, but wondered if there was a high speed f1 class to race in? I got it to run fairly well, and I really only use it as a practice car!!! You guys use only 21.5t no timing, and 2s lipos. What's the minimum weight???
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 AM   #276
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Do you guys also run outdoors in a wide open track, pro10 european style (2s/mod motors)? I upgraded a Nikko f1(rubber tires) with a novak gtb , ballistic 4.5r ,ball bearings, unique damping system and high speed servo to run with the 8scales, but wondered if there was a high speed f1 class to race in? I got it to run fairly well, and I really only use it as a practice car!!! You guys use only 21.5t no timing, and 2s lipos. What's the minimum weight???
bertrandsv87, For the most part the majority of our local racers follow Tamiya F1 rules.

The rule are pretty much open to any F1 chassis, 2s Lipo 7.4, Silver Can Motors and Tamiya F1 size wheels and tires.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #277
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
I wonder if T. Marshall will show up
I will be in the building my friend.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #278
Suspended

I thought you guys also ran brushless!!! Sorry can't go back to brushed!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #279
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
I thought you guys also ran brushless!!! Sorry can't go back to brushed!!!!!!
there was talk last week about what to do AFTER the big TCS race Sunday. While silver cans rule for a few more days, Rod and some of the guys were thinking after TCS to perhaps switch to 21.5's and rubber tires and it must be an F1 car and that's about it for the rules. That way we can keep out interesting mix of F103's, F104's Exotech's, and HPI cars.

This weekend is the TCS race so most guys will prepare on Saturday for Sunday's big event. If you can stop by, feel free to bring your car and run some laps and check the place out. It is the best indoor asphalt track around, with so much traction is it unbelievable. Tech rules for racing will be TCS this weeking as they are getting ready for the TCS race, but there will be plenty of practice time in the morning until the racing begins.

But forget the open track and the high-velocity stuff. The typical track layout at the Coliseum has lots of corners and is deceptively tight. The current track looks simple, but it has a lot of different corners and quite frankly, the fastest cars are the ones excelling in the infield, not the half-second blast down the backstraight. A car with too much understeer will be lapped quickly at the Coliseum and oversteering cars are broken even faster. But if you must have speed, the Manassas tracks are usually wide open as they also run nitro cars. But that won't start for a few more weeks.

So if you can, come on over and bring your land rocket.
F1Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #280
Tech Rookie

i'm planning to order exotek f104 conversion, is it worth? is there any advantage over the standard chassis? need advice, thanks
genius120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #281
Suspended

I appreciate your explanation and invitation, but I have decided to leave the car as it is: wrenching in this car is very time consuming, and gearing is fixed(4.99999 fdr)... It seems to have the right motor now for that gear ratio!!! I'll run it just for fun......
Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #282
Tech Apprentice

Default Adjustments

I was wondering............the piece that makes camber adjustments have those two spacers that go under them. Any thoughts on what they might be for? My guess is they will release an "upgrade" that will allow caster adjustments.
jujubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #283
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL View Post
Hmmm, I wonder how many F1's will show up for this weekends TCS RACE @ THE COLISEUM

There's a new track record for the current layout 32 laps 6.09.461. Set by Jamie Hanson. WOW! Damn that's mad fast.

F1 Jet, Im down for two classes of F1, the second being foam.

Rumor has it, there are a few guys from NY & NJ coming down for this TCS race.
Okay, I first want to say thanks to all competitors in TCS F1 classes. Thanks for coming out, we hope to see you again next year!

Friday saw a group of F1 guys testing and tuning all day. Guys rolled in all day and night as even Alex K. got in a few laps right before closing time. Saturday's competition at the Coliseum was fun with a lot of speculation as some of the fastest guys were wrenching in the pits and not racing! Rumors were flying but we had to wait until the TCS on Sunday to find out who had the the best setup.

There was plenty of practice time in the morning with the first round starting at noon. The competition started with the concurs trophy going to an elegant chrome Mclaren. On track, Jamie's F104 was dialed in and at one point, he had outqualified the field by two laps! But Denmark, the Steve and Bruce H., Julian and others rose to the challenge and cut the deficit.
However Jamie was not to be denied and he took the rubber A-main while Julian took the foam A-main. Doc H. worked through traffic the in the A-main to take third.

We will get some of the technical stuff posted shortly as we have pictures of the Jamie's and Julian's cars.
F1Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #284
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubean View Post
I was wondering............the piece that makes camber adjustments have those two spacers that go under them. Any thoughts on what they might be for? My guess is they will release an "upgrade" that will allow caster adjustments.

http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/02...maha-2011.html

http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/02...omaha-car.html

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #285
Tech Master

Lump bump!