Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Tosolini
are you ok?
hey, Hitech should be fun.
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:30 PM   #152
Tech Adept

Quote:
so why ALL cars are much cheaper than my tamiya car (competition level of course)????
I haven't entirely worked that one out, they are doing a heap of research, on multiple drive trains. I guess their bean counters say the race dept. must pay it's way.

Cheers
Peter
Pedro 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:32 AM   #153
Tech Master

http://www.corally.com/news/news.htm#rdx

RDX
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:46 AM   #154
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

What is the estimated cost on the RDX ?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:03 AM   #155
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedro 51
Darkseid

I hear what you are saying about pricing, it's not really an issue with me as NO car I drive is ever going to win. I have an Assassin because if I can't win, I can have something I enjoy and is a little different.
Thats a refreshingly honest take on things.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with different opinions, I guess I get dissappointed with ill informed comment from people who probably have only second or more hand views based on ill defined rumours. But hey, this is an internet discussion and we all know to filter carefully any and all information on the net.

Cheers
Peter
Like I said, I don't believe in a such thing as a "bad" car. These companies spend way too much time thinking out these designs, for any top level car to just be "bad". So thats definitely not where I'm coming from.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:07 AM   #156
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Unfortunately for a smaller (relatively speaking) company like a Corally, a Schumacher, and the like, the kits will end up being more expensive just as a fact of business.
I wouldn't say that...

Schumacher's MI2 goes for $289 at SpeedtechRC. Not too bad. While a HUGE company like Tamiya regularly charges $360+ for its cars. So I don't think company size is the determining factor.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:13 AM   #157
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedro 51

I think this is the bit I don't get!

I see posts comparing the Assassin price to other cars, you therefore must still have the choice to buy a cheaper car, if price is the deciding factor, nobody forces you to buy anything - unless it is clearly the top car, by a large margin, even with my rose tinted glasses I would not try to argue that one.

Keep cool
Peter
Exactly. We are all left with a choice. Even if the choice is made for us by the limits of our bankaccount! Thats why I'm not knocking the car. Hell, I would love to own one just to be different at the track.

The tone of my post was more dissappointment at not being able follow up my C4.1 with another Corally, than anything negative. Just thinking out loud.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #158
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Schumacher's MI2 goes for $289 at SpeedtechRC. Not too bad. While a HUGE company like Tamiya regularly charges $360+ for its cars. So I don't think company size is the determining factor.
I think it's a factor. Tamiya is more of a special case. Although they are a larger company, the volume of their sedans is nowhere near Losi or Associated (at least not on individual models). Tamiya also includes a ton of bells and whistles in each kit, like some tuning options, all aluminum bits, and so on. They have set their cars up to be the standard exotic sedans on the market.

I'm not saying that company size is the end all determining factor... but I do think it's a factor.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:31 PM   #159
Tech Elite

With Tamiya I feel its a marketing decision. They choose to position their top kits as premier image builders and consider the loss in sales because of price, O kay since they've absorbed that with their marketing budget. My guess.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:57 PM   #160
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by edseb
With Tamiya I feel its a marketing decision. They choose to position their top kits as premier image builders and consider the loss in sales because of price, O kay since they've absorbed that with their marketing budget. My guess.
hey hey hey I can't beleave this stuff, I think it is great, I love to go on here and find out about marketing and what is every ones take on why what is what. I think all the cars are good, some do drive better than others right off but there all able to be a winner.
Chris Tosolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:32 PM   #161
Tech Master

Hey Chris whats up. I saw that you were logged on
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:58 AM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Out of topic wrt to Toso's ride choice... but:

two ways to price a car:

1- sale price = COGS + predetermined margin
2- as high as the customer is willing to pay for the "priviledge" of being the owner...

During the early life stages of the product, manufacturers usually use option 1( remember how much the first TC3 were? I paid more than $300 for my team version then...)... then when the hype has fallen down, they turn to option 1... This is what happens with most high volume designs.

With Tamiya, there's such a cult following that they can always price it using method 2... but sometimes it just fails plain and simple (think Avante and Dyna Storm).

With the smaller manufacturers like Corally, they're kind of stuck in between... They have to price it as luxury (option2) cars, because the volumes are not high enough to allow them to reach the sub $300 mark...

My 2 cents

and good luck to Chris!

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:47 AM   #163
Tech Master

In the end "you get what you pay for" and with Corally this means a beautiful piece of precision engineering and lots of factory back up.

Believe me, as dealers it is uneconomical for us to stock and sell Corally cars, simply because they are built so bullit proof that you never sell any spares.

Corally is a small company with a big heart .........and some beautifully engineered cars.

Remember where the original X Ray came from ? And they call the X Ray the Rolls Royce of RC cars......bloody cheek !
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:19 AM   #164
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

The new sedan has some some natural drawing to it type design. You look at it in person and it is something that looks sweet. I was thinking about getting a Xray team car until I got to check outs Chris' car. Made me rethink my next purchase. The racers here are all going HPI but I may have to be different...lol

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:39 PM   #165
Tech Apprentice

Default Comments from back East!!!

Glad I found this site, what's up Chris. How are ya. Missed you at the 1/8th nationals. Good luck to ya with Corally.

Just one suggestion, from a guy who still has an original sp12 with corally silver fronts and gold star rears. GET THEM TO CHANGE THE RIMS ON THEIR 1/12th kits.

Definately one of the most forgiving 1/12th scales to drive. Good Luck, I'll see around.

Carl Giordano,
Still swinging in NY.
trained2kill is offline   Reply With Quote