R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #181
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc car guy View Post
i was merely stating what i have done testing wise, thats all. Well either way if no esc is better than the next why not just get the cheapest one? im not the best driver ill admit that haha but i was wondering about which is the better than the next is all didnt mean for you to take it personally sorry if you took it that way
I have run the cheapest ESC on the market in the Hobbywing Justock, and it's every bit as fast as any other ESC out there in the blinky class. I'd take a Justock over a Tekin RS Pro any day of the week, especially given that you can get 3 Justocks for the price of one Tekin RS Pro.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #182
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
I have run the cheapest ESC on the market in the Hobbywing Justock, and it's every bit as fast as any other ESC out there in the blinky class. I'd take a Justock over a Tekin RS Pro any day of the week, especially given that you can get 3 Justocks for the price of one Tekin RS Pro.
why does everything on rc tech have to turn into a pissing match damn grow up

i come to rc tech for advice or knowledge that i require that isnt elsewhere on the internet that can be obtained easily, i dont come here to measure genitals neither should anyone else, go troll and get butt hurt elsewhere

Last edited by rc car guy; 12-25-2013 at 11:43 PM.
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #183
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:

i come to rc tech for advice or knowledge that i require that isnt elsewhere on the internet that can be obtained easily, i dont come here to measure genitals neither should anyone else, go troll and get butt hurt elsewhere
Wait what

All I said is that I'd even choose a Justock over a tekin, having run both of them. You're the one getting angry. You asked 'why not run the cheapest?' So I commented on that. Don't get mad at me for addressing your questions.

That being said, I still have no idea where it turned into a pissing match.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

In terms of quality I seen EA run a orca Vx ESC and turn a 10.4 hot lap consistently and then swap to the orca spark and still turn the exact same lap times set up in blenky class .
My biggest noticeable difference as I said between each ESC is in the first 1-2 sec of a main . from there on its all about the throttle response and delivery of power as u need it .
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #185
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

I would suggest you watch your offensive language before posting again, buddy !!! Calm the Rctech rage down !!!
Quote:

bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
In terms of quality I seen EA run a orca Vx ESC and turn a 10.4 hot lap consistently and then swap to the orca spark and still turn the exact same lap times set up in blenky class .
My biggest noticeable difference as I said between each ESC is in the first 1-2 sec of a main . from there on its all about the throttle response and delivery of power as u need it .
With the Tekin, make sure the current limiter is turned off, and maybe try increasing the minimum throttle. Also make sure you've turned down the neutral width to something more reasonable than the default. I do think the Tekin has a pretty high drive frequency, though, which might explain an inherent lack of punch. I haven't compared my Tekin RS pro vs. my Viper VTX10 or LRP Flow WorksTeam, so I'm pretty out of touch with how it compares punch-wise. I run it in my 25.5 car, so feel doesn't matter much.

If it's just the first couple seconds or maybe lap of the race that you feel like you're behind, I'd think that would have more to do with battery and charging than with the ESC. But I guess A/B comparisons don't lie.

Also, rc car guy, punctuation and capitalization are worth at least .2 sec per lap, so you might start with that.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #187
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I bet it has been mentioned a lot, but the just stock is very very good. It would be hard to find a speedo that is just as good for 50 bucks. It is what i would choose hands down.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The issue within the first few sec....is that guy behind u that is on ur azz or even worse in ur azz as u start the turn into the sweeper ... Then I got to chase the pack during the main . I have been there many times lucklly I find my son qualifying behind me here recently and he knows to check up lol. But hopefully next weekend EA can check my settings in my spark and we both can run our lines
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote