Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
RC's Greatest..and Worse >

RC's Greatest..and Worse

RC's Greatest..and Worse

Old 10-08-2010, 02:19 PM
  #106  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
gijoe64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Corona, Ca
Posts: 1,458
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

DTX Warhead!!!! Bomb

AE TC4 Bomb!

Shumacer Cat and Cat 2000!! (rubber bands for the front end really!!)

Last edited by gijoe64; 10-08-2010 at 02:35 PM.
gijoe64 is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 02:23 PM
  #107  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Worse:

MRC World Scale.....

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
  #108  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, IL
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Best:
-RC10B3
-Tamiya Hornet (just refurbished mine, almost more fun than 1/8 buggy )
-Tamiya M03
-Novak Super Rooster ESC
-Panasonic NiMH 3000s coming out in 1999
-Pinnacle P2K Stock motor, also 1999

Worst:
-Kyosho Nitro QRC (Quick Reverse Clutch), either brake or reverse when the T-Maxx does both at once?
-15-minute twist dial chargers, you either under-charge or over-charge 'cause you forgot how many turns you've done and always guess wrong.
-Traxxas Slash, they are pretty neat but IMO that is not how you build a short course truck.
tromoly is online now  
Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 PM
  #109  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,637
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tromoly View Post

Worst:
-Kyosho Nitro QRC (Quick Reverse Clutch), either brake or reverse when the T-Maxx does both at once?
-15-minute twist dial chargers, you either under-charge or over-charge 'cause you forgot how many turns you've done and always guess wrong.
-Traxxas Slash, they are pretty neat but IMO that is not how you build a short course truck.
I agree with you on the first two but the last one is just bashing on Traxxas. The Slash really belong as one of the greats because it is the one that started all the SCT maddness.

What does belong in the WORST category:

Traxxas 4-Tec electric and all electric onroad Traxxas cars including the 1/12th Fiero.
YR4Dude is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:05 PM
  #110  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plano, IL
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
I agree with you on the first two but the last one is just bashing on Traxxas. The Slash really belong as one of the greats because it is the one that started all the SCT maddness.

What does belong in the WORST category:

Traxxas 4-Tec electric and all electric onroad Traxxas cars including the 1/12th Fiero.
I didn't say they were terrible, I actually enjoyed the time I drove one, but after being up close with the 1:1 rigs, I personally would have designed them different, that's all.
tromoly is online now  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:11 PM
  #111  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sheboygan Falls, WI
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

i dont know if it was mentioned already, not that I have ever driven one but my favorite design of all times is the ryuz, you either love it or hate it

interplanet is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:35 PM
  #112  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

I haven't been around RC cars for years but have quite the list from before that.

Likes:
Schumacher Cougar 2/Shotgun (I'm probably the only person to ever say this, but I really liked the beltdrive)
Custom Works Enforcer Direct Drive (the only car I kept since you can't find them anymore, never understood the need for a transmission in the cars)
Associated Rc12i
AYK Pro Radiant

Dislikes:
MRP Pro-110 (first car ever and biggest mistake ever)
linkless is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:43 PM
  #113  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,206
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
Custom Works Enforcer Direct Drive (the only car I kept since you can't find them anymore, never understood the need for a transmission in the cars)
To keep down on the driveshaft angles.
wingracer is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 PM
  #114  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (10)
 
95lscoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Greatest

Original rc10 still own one.
Bolink legend Still own mine
original xray t1 awsome foam car that kick started one of the best rc manufactures no one matches quality.
Not a car but the tekin rs series of esc's just awesome don't know why people buy others.lol

worst
NTC3 you touch a wall diff case is smashed into pieces.
Any M chassis biggest pile ive ever owned(m05 pro) yeah they seam like a fun class till you realize your all racing mini pos crap cars that cost way to much money.lol i paid $160 for the bare kit

Atomic 4wd mini another car that falls apart if you get with in a foot of a wall.lol
95lscoupe is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 PM
  #115  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
mxrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: N. GA.
Posts: 4,426
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
I haven't been around RC cars for years but have quite the list from before that.

Likes:
Schumacher Cougar 2/Shotgun (I'm probably the only person to ever say this, but I really liked the beltdrive)
Custom Works Enforcer Direct Drive (the only car I kept since you can't find them anymore, never understood the need for a transmission in the cars)
Associated Rc12i
AYK Pro Radiant

Dislikes:
MRP Pro-110 (first car ever and biggest mistake ever)
I still race my CougarII works car and Shotgun at vintage events along with the Pro Radiant...I can't seem to get shed of them. They just keep running.
12I's and E's laying around here somewhere also.

You are right about the Pro-110. At the start of a race it would melt the diff before the 1st turn. If it made it past the turn the gearbox would open up and spill all the parts onto the track. Strange though everything in front of the diff was not that bad???
mxrich is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 08:17 PM
  #116  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,049
Default

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Kawada SV-10.
John Warner is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 02:21 AM
  #117  
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

The absolute worst....

The "suicide" charging cord that came with my Associated 12E.

It's basically a jumper cable with a Tamiya plug on one end and battery clamps at the other. Just hook up the clamps to a car battery, plug in the battery pack, and wait for fifteen minutes. You either remembered to unplug at fifteen minutes and have a fully charged battery, or you noticed a hissing and/or crackling sound of a overcharged battery pack violently venting.

FREAKAH is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
  #118  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,637
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
I haven't been around RC cars for years but have quite the list from before that.


Dislikes:
MRP Pro-110 (first car ever and biggest mistake ever)
The MRP Pro-10 wasn't the greatest in application but it was the impetus that started the whole 1/10th pan car scene. Just like the TA-01 wasn't the best TC it started the TC scene as well.

Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Kawada SV-10.
Yes that car blows but the follow-up single belt car, the Sigma and Sigma 2 was way better.

Originally Posted by FREAKAH View Post
The absolute worst....

The "suicide" charging cord that came with my Associated 12E.

It's basically a jumper cable with a Tamiya plug on one end and battery clamps at the other. Just hook up the clamps to a car battery, plug in the battery pack, and wait for fifteen minutes. You either remembered to unplug at fifteen minutes and have a fully charged battery, or you noticed a hissing and/or crackling sound of a overcharged battery pack violently venting.

That charge cable was an occupational hazard. I'm surprised that there were no lawsuits that resulted from it.
YR4Dude is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:49 PM
  #119  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oakville
Posts: 329
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default my best and worst

Best
RC10 original (gold tub)
Yokomo Super Dogfighter
MIP TRANNY for RC10
Cox Scorpion (first offroad before RC10)
TOP PHOTON hands down (planted and parts are great and support)
Speed passion esc and motors
China Lipos
Hudy power drivers
EDS hand tools
TRF415msxx no issues here got second hand.. and ran the wheels off it.
** GEAR DIFFS** for the weekend club racer with a family and sh*& list.. Hands down.. Makes set ups fast like 2.4, lipos, and brushless.. made new people into the hobby enjoy with less fing around..



Worst (for me)
Anything Nitro.. Serpent 710, 720, Ofna LD3
S400 (I hate serpent drop the support and went far east. I wanted to support a non china company)
Crap hex tools that round fasteners
China lipos that bloat (must be the lactose)
MI4 or MI4LP (loved my MI2) No support in Canada. Each chassis replaced yearly. ( BUY A PHOTON)
MIP 4wd for the RC10


In the end for me the kicker that changed the hobby/sport.. Lipos and Brushless.

Second the 2.4 from spektrum... Love my DX3R..

chassis will be a chassis. the current TC is the same old same old.. However the electonics are making waves..

If your looking to buy a chassis BUY TOP, newbie buy Spektrum..Lipos.. hit and miss.. Speedos... well I like my SP and SP motors..

Its about support and I have found SP and TOP second to none..
zleader_99 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 PM
  #120  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,007
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Kawada SV-10.
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post

Yes that car blows but the follow-up single belt car, the Sigma and Sigma 2 was way better.
Funny, Gil Losi singled out the Kawada SV-10 besides the TC3 as cars that were good at the time the XXXS was being developed. I heard him say this at a warm up event before Cleveland like 10 years ago.
robk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.