R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default ESC capacitor question

The little metal tabs broke off from extensive bending, oops, so i need another, but am limited to what my lhs has currently in stock. I have a tekin rs pro and the capacitor it comes with is a 16v 33uf. Is it ok to install a capacitor that has a higher uf rating? Lets say a 16v 1000uf?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

The stock cap is a 16v 330uf low esr cap. It's specific to our esc. Ultimately it's the one that should be back on it. However if you need to run for the time being you can use a 16v 1000uf and it will be fine.

The part # for the proper cap is TT3520.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The stock cap is a 16v 330uf low esr cap. It's specific to our esc. Ultimately it's the one that should be back on it. However if you need to run for the time being you can use a 16v 1000uf and it will be fine.

The part # for the proper cap is TT3520.
Thanks Randy. Great Planes(Tower) is out of stock and thats one of the suppliers where my lhs orders from. Guess ill just use one of the other ones to get by.
Thanks again.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyansky View Post
The little metal tabs broke off from extensive bending, oops, so i need another, but am limited to what my lhs has currently in stock. I have a tekin rs pro and the capacitor it comes with is a 16v 33uf. Is it ok to install a capacitor that has a higher uf rating? Lets say a 16v 1000uf?
You can always replace esc caps with one of our TransCap modules---they are replacements for both brush and brushless escs. If you are running 2S, our Racing Power Trans-Cap Module - 2S Li-Po and 4-6 cell NiMH is the appropriate module.

Quote:
This is the replacement Power Trans-Cap Module for the Kinetic 2S Racing Brushless ESC, Havoc Pro SC, Havoc Pro Brushless ESC, GTB Brushless/Brush ESC, Havoc Sport Brushless/Brush ESC, GTX or any other brand brushed or brushless racing speed control (except high-voltage ESCs) compatible with 2S Li-Po/4-6 cell NiMH. This unit improves efficiency and lowers operating temperatures for speed controls, and is factory-wired with 16GA silicone wire for easy installation on a ESCís Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs. The module includes a 5,600 microfared 10V Electrolytic capacitor with a transorb circuitry that provides protection from voltage spikes.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Thanks again to both of you. I picked one up at my lhs. 16v 1000uf.