R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Xray T1R with LiPo and brushless system

I have Xray T1R with some EVO 2 parts like carbon plate. I found out that someone put LiPos across chassic. I think its not good because of possible damage to LiPos and not so good handling of car. I made some adjustments of bulkheads to fit LiPo along the car. I think it should have better handling, less risk of damage but this car wasnt designed for LiPos so motor is nearly in center line of car so I calculated that if I do it this way I will have like 80 grams weight difference on sides.
L@gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

I have done it both ways and have posted pictures neer the end of this thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ay-t1-828.html

I used a different smaller SMC 4100ma battery in the side installation. I still had to add weight to ballance the car but to also bring the weight up to the 1420g to run in stock touring. I was able to fit this battery without moding the bulkheads.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!

Last edited by BCbud; 09-23-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Adding details.
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Thanks for your reply. I need to get weight around 1350g. My LiPos are 260g. I will propably change rear bulkheads to change direction of motor. I will gain some more grams to right side. What do you think about car handling in this configuration? Do you think that car will be able to run without damages with RS PRO + Novak 7.5 combo?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

You can rotate the steering horn 180* and put the servo and electronics on the left side. You have an T1FK04 right? To fit a brushless motor you will need to remove some of the chassies on the left to get full motor adjustment. The orion 17.5 I use is the same size as a brushed motor so I only had to remove a little bit. Other motors may requier a lot more to be removed. As far as performance, I have only used a 17.5 so I can not comment on that but the car is mutch stronger than most of the cars made today.

PS I use a RS in my car and I ended up backing off on the boost and turbo as I was spinning the tires on the straight.

Last edited by BCbud; 09-23-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: More detail
Old 09-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Its T1R with some parts like carbon chassic EVO2 so this isnt possible. Maybe I will make my own axle on lathe and get spur between bulkheads to get motor more offset.
Anyway, could you please answer previous questions from post?

Last edited by [email protected]; 09-23-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Its T1R with some parts like carbon chassic EVO2 so this isnt possible. Maybe I will make my own axle on lathe and get spur between bulkheads to get motor more offset.
Anyway, could you please answer previous questions from post?
What question is that?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What do you think about car handling in this configuration? Do you think that car will be able to run without damages with RS PRO + Novak 7.5 combo?
The most Im worrying about wheels because they are attached to car by screws. Also axles are so small + have some plastic on diff outdrives.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

The wheel screws should not be a problem as long as the spring washers are in good shape and the screws are tight. The axles are made from spring steel and are quite strong. The plastic covers at the outdrives are to prevent wear on them, they are a part that needs to be replaced when they get thin. Are your wheel hubs and outdrives aluminuim? They are also maid out of the same spring steel as the axles and are stronger but also heavyer, I have them in the front of my car as the front takes more of a beating.