R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Yes Itaru the event organiser decided to add the bodyshell liust to avoid the confusion. I have spoken to him since and he will add the VW Golf GTi and the Volvo 850 to the list as well. It was just an oversight
actually, its my bad. i jumped the gun a bit. went and bought a couple of ABC Hobby Honda Civic EK9 bodyshells. I should have seen it coming that the recommended bodyshells would come from Tamiya.

oh well... no worries. i'll just go and get me a pair of Volvo 850 shells... just to be different from the others who will no doubt use either Honda Integras or Tom's Exiv...
Old 12-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #92
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
actually, its my bad. i jumped the gun a bit. went and bought a couple of ABC Hobby Honda Civic EK9 bodyshells. I should have seen it coming that the recommended bodyshells would come from Tamiya.

oh well... no worries. i'll just go and get me a pair of Volvo 850 shells... just to be different from the others who will no doubt use either Honda Integras or Tom's Exiv...
I can see the reasoning behind the bodyshell list.... Tamiya make most of the realistic bodies. It will stop the locals from trying to run extreme bodies. I have 3 Alfa shells at home .. the Tamiya is realistic the other two have a recognisable grille but the rest of the car is an entirely differen shape.

Best of luck tracking down some Volvo 850 shells. I have one but they are not easy to find even after being rereleased
Old 12-27-2010, 03:14 AM   #93
Tech Elite

Quote:
I can see the reasoning behind the bodyshell list.... Tamiya make most of the realistic bodies. It will stop the locals from trying to run extreme bodies. I have 3 Alfa shells at home .. the Tamiya is realistic the other two have a recognisable grille but the rest of the car is an entirely differen shape.

Best of luck tracking down some Volvo 850 shells. I have one but they are not easy to find even after being rereleased
hehehe. actually i got a guy who has a lot of them where i live. apparently no one likes to use it coz its boxy... but i love it. im planning to paint one up like the Peter Brock "05" Volvo 850 used in the Aussie Super Touring Car series...

if you need a volvo 850 shell i could get you one and bring it with me to Thailand for the TITC.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 AM   #94
Tech Champion

Quote:
hehehe. actually i got a guy who has a lot of them where i live. apparently no one likes to use it coz its boxy... but i love it. im planning to paint one up like the Peter Brock "05" Volvo 850 used in the Aussie Super Touring Car series...

if you need a volvo 850 shell i could get you one and bring it with me to Thailand for the TITC.
Ohhh a Brock Volvo.

I have a Volvo . I should be fine. I have about 5 bodies to try at TITC
Attached Thumbnails
TITC 2011-850_red.jpg  
Old 12-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ohhh a Brock Volvo.

I have a Volvo . I should be fine. I have about 5 bodies to try at TITC

hahaha! no worries for you then... will just bring maybe 2 or 3 shells with me for my FF-02 for TITC. i just hope at least one of them will help get my car dialed-in a bit for the track...
Old 01-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #96
Tech Champion

Nice pic of the track
Attached Thumbnails
TITC 2011-futabacup2011_9-01-2011%2520-118-.jpg  
Old 01-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see the FWD class wheel has changed to a spoke design... good call

Any idea when the Ride tires will be avaliable? I'm arriving earlier in the week anyway, but was thinking about getting a few before hand.
Also, which Muchmore tyre is it for modified?

Ta
Ed
Old 01-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #98
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I see the FWD class wheel has changed to a spoke design... good call

Any idea when the Ride tires will be avaliable? I'm arriving earlier in the week anyway, but was thinking about getting a few before hand.
Also, which Muchmore tyre is it for modified?

Ta
Ed

Ed, I wonder who made the rim change idea

I already have the Ride tires on the dish rims. Am getting more tires and spoked rims soon. I will be at the track from the 17th or 18th and will have some of the Ride combos with me. I also have secured us (Aussie contingent) a storage room for our gear so we dont have to cart back and forth each day. I believe it is one of the offices near the straight. We are not allowed to pit there but it wil mean our gear will be secure and easier to find. Normally at TITC gear can be left at the hobby shop at the track once racing has started but with over 400 entries it might not be possible .. hence I secuired a room
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:

I already have the Ride tires on the dish rims. Am getting more tires and spoked rims soon. I will be at the track from the 17th or 18th and will have some of the Ride combos with me. I also have secured us (Aussie contingent) a storage room for our gear so we dont have to cart back and forth each day. I believe it is one of the offices near the straight. We are not allowed to pit there but it wil mean our gear will be secure and easier to find. Normally at TITC gear can be left at the hobby shop at the track once racing has started but with over 400 entries it might not be possible .. hence I secuired a room
Greg,

Would they have VIP rooms for rental? And how much you paid for the storage?

Thanks
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:11 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Quote:

lucky you... i gotta heft my gear to and from the track everyday... but no worries... just got to streamline the gear.

hope you guys in Oz are ok with the weather and all.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #101
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
lucky you... i gotta heft my gear to and from the track everyday... but no worries... just got to streamline the gear.

hope you guys in Oz are ok with the weather and all.
Not so much a problem for me, I'm used to hauling all my gear to the track in a suitcase and a backpack (it's 2hrs to shanghai by public transport, and I don't have a car ). Three cars could be a challange though....
Old 01-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #102
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Not so much a problem for me, I'm used to hauling all my gear to the track in a suitcase and a backpack (it's 2hrs to shanghai by public transport, and I don't have a car ). Three cars could be a challange though....

I'm not far off your situation bro. I'm bringing 2 cars with me. I think I might have the baggage issue sorted... hehehe
Old 01-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #103
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
Greg,

Would they have VIP rooms for rental? And how much you paid for the storage?

Thanks
Jonest,

The VIP rooms you refer are future offices I believe. Not sure if any are left available for storage. The rental was not cheap as you have to rent for a month but it is ok as it is spread between a number of drivers.

We are not allowed to pit in there as last year the elite drivers were hardly seen as they pitted upstairs in air conditioned space. This year the organisers want everyone together for a good atmosphere.

Jonest, Ed and Raymond .... you are welcome to join in and use our storage space if you want. It works out to be around $20 each. THe organisers usually find somewhere for everyone to leave their gear but I dont fancy having to hunt through more than 200 racers gear to find mine

Our own storage space makes life easy.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Quote:
Jonest, Ed and Raymond .... you are welcome to join in and use our storage space if you want. It works out to be around $20 each. THe organisers usually find somewhere for everyone to leave their gear but I dont fancy having to hunt through more than 200 racers gear to find mine

Our own storage space makes life easy.

thanks mate. i might probably take you up on that offer. will that be $20 one time?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #105
Tech Champion

Quote:
thanks mate. i might probably take you up on that offer. will that be $20 one time?

Raymond, yes it is $20 only. That is it