R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #76
Tech Elite
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

I wonder if the organizers will let us use the Ford Focus WRC, or Peugeot 206 WRC bodyshells available thru Tamiya, HPI, etc for the FWD class?

since the base model Focus, and Pug 206 is an FF platform after all...
__________________
Racing is in my blood
Tommi Makkinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #77
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
I wonder if the organizers will let us use the Ford Focus WRC, or Peugeot 206 WRC bodyshells available thru Tamiya, HPI, etc for the FWD class?

since the base model Focus, and Pug 206 is an FF platform after all...

Those bodyshells will be allowed
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Those bodyshells will be allowed
thanks for the heads up bro.

ive been agonizing what's the best body to use for these FF cars... im looking for a bodyshell that can give a decent amount of handling for its scale appearance and yet still a FF based body...

been considering the Ford Focus so i can duplicate the Team AON example in the BTCC...

unless i can track down one of the HPI Rapid Fit Ford Mondeo BTCC shells...
__________________
Racing is in my blood
Tommi Makkinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #79
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
thanks for the heads up bro.

ive been agonizing what's the best body to use for these FF cars... im looking for a bodyshell that can give a decent amount of handling for its scale appearance and yet still a FF based body...

been considering the Ford Focus so i can duplicate the Team AON example in the BTCC...

unless i can track down one of the HPI Rapid Fit Ford Mondeo BTCC shells...
As long as the attached wing has no real aerodynamic qualities any realistic FWD body is OK

We have tried the Golf and the Civic and them seem OK

I have a number of other bodies to try:

Pug 406
Alfa 156
Volvo 850

To be honest I dont think there will be a large difference

Would be fun to run a different shell every race. Sure confuse the people in your heat
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
As long as the attached wing has no real aerodynamic qualities any realistic FWD body is OK

We have tried the Golf and the Civic and them seem OK

I have a number of other bodies to try:

Pug 406
Alfa 156
Volvo 850

To be honest I dont think there will be a large difference

Would be fun to run a different shell every race. Sure confuse the people in your heat

I agree! keep the opposition guessing!

but to be honest, im just stumped with the good choice of body with a balance of looks and handling. coz i dont think i want to use either the Beams Integra (a bit cliche) or the Subaru Impreza WRX (isn't legal) which the Tamiya Worlds Finalists were using...
__________________
Racing is in my blood
Tommi Makkinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:02 AM   #81
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Entry fees are on the website.

All classes are 2000 baht except the FWD class which is 3000 baht but you get to keep your ESC and motor in the FWD class. So 1000 baht is pretty cheap for an ESC
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website

Last edited by cannon; 12-15-2010 at 04:19 AM.
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 AM   #82
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
I agree! keep the opposition guessing!

but to be honest, im just stumped with the good choice of body with a balance of looks and handling. coz i dont think i want to use either the Beams Integra (a bit cliche) or the Subaru Impreza WRX (isn't legal) which the Tamiya Worlds Finalists were using...

Yes the Subaru is in keeping with realistic design but if we allow a 4WD car then others will want to include other shells and it goes on and on. There is the Lancer .. it comes as a FWD car
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #83
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Yes the Subaru is in keeping with realistic design but if we allow a 4WD car then others will want to include other shells and it goes on and on. There is the Lancer .. it comes as a FWD car
How about the Mercedes c class body shell? I have those.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #84
Tech Elite
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
How about the Mercedes c class body shell? I have those.
might not work Jonest. the Mercedes Benz C-Klasse platform is FR. has to be a bodyshell whose real-life base model is an FF platform
__________________
Racing is in my blood
Tommi Makkinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #85
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
might not work Jonest. the Mercedes Benz C-Klasse platform is FR. has to be a bodyshell whose real-life base model is an FF platform
Correct

Jonest, there are heaps of bodies that fit the rules:

Golf GTi
Honda Civics
Honda Accords
Pug 306, 406
Volvo 850
Renault Clio
Mitsubishi Lancer
Ford Focus
Toms XEiV
Audi A4

Plus a lot more

I am sure you could find a body that would suit ... just as long as it is not a TC body nor does it have a TC style wing
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #86
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Very tempted to join the FF class as the entry fees c/w an esc! But running too many class would be a problem!
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #87
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
Very tempted to join the FF class as the entry fees c/w an esc! But running too many class would be a problem!
Jonest .. do it .. you know you want to
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:52 AM   #88
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Seems we have a strange rule regarding the control motors.(now on the website) You can simply replace them if you burn them out ... jut pay for another one. Hope this doesn't lead to crazy gearing with no regard for the motor hoping to gain an advantage

They have also added a list of bodies for the FWD class which wil save some confusion
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website

Last edited by cannon; 12-24-2010 at 05:12 AM.
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #89
Tech Elite
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post

They have also added a list of bodies for the FWD class which wil save some confusion
good news: now it takes the guesswork out of what suitable body to use in the race in terms of looks, handling, or whether its really a FWD based body or not...

bad news: now i have to buy 2 NEW body shells since the ones i have are apparently not legal...
__________________
Racing is in my blood
Tommi Makkinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #90
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen View Post
good news: now it takes the guesswork out of what suitable body to use in the race in terms of looks, handling, or whether its really a FWD based body or not...

bad news: now i have to buy 2 NEW body shells since the ones i have are apparently not legal...

Yes Itaru the event organiser decided to add the bodyshell liust to avoid the confusion. I have spoken to him since and he will add the VW Golf GTi and the Volvo 850 to the list as well. It was just an oversight
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sydney Model Autosports Inc [smaracing.org] The Ideas Man Australian Racing 25433 12-14-2017 05:42 PM
Orca RC Products Elwyn Lee Malaysian R/C Racers 1434 08-30-2015 08:50 AM
PEMKAR 1/10th Electric Championship Series 2010 G_Man Brunei R/C Racers 136 01-19-2011 07:17 PM
TITC 2010 jonest Malaysian R/C Racers 229 03-15-2010 01:34 AM
TITC 2010 jonest Singapore R/C Racers 210 03-06-2010 01:50 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net