TITC 2011

Old 09-25-2010, 08:06 AM
  #16  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,919
Default

Originally Posted by cannon View Post
The rules state ........

"2 (two) Wheels Drive either Front or Rear according to Chassis Made "

so that would mean M04 and the new M06 would be allowed as well
yes, but it said just m03/05 and switch, and don't see what is the reason it didn't say m04 as well, then i don't know too why they are not allowing coming soon m06, just because in that time this car could surely the most famous 1 in the market, is what i guess...
mac853 is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 04:22 PM
  #17  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
yes, but it said just m03/05 and switch, and don't see what is the reason it didn't say m04 as well, then i don't know too why they are not allowing coming soon m06, just because in that time this car could surely the most famous 1 in the market, is what i guess...
I think that they give the M03, M05 and Switch as examples of injection plastic chassis cars.
cannon is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 04:23 PM
  #18  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson View Post
i was under the impression that those entry details were outdated and incorrect like the majority of the site....
Luke,

The dates and rules are for the 2011 race. The pics and old entry list are from last year
cannon is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 04:57 PM
  #19  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,919
Default

Originally Posted by cannon View Post
I think that they give the M03, M05 and Switch as examples of injection plastic chassis cars.
I think so, those are just translated from Thai, then maybe something is not complete.

Thanks for reply!
mac853 is offline  
Old 09-25-2010, 05:36 PM
  #20  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
JoeyE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,838
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

NICE~! Track is very nice. Only 15-minutes from my house.
JoeyE is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 12:56 AM
  #21  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 918
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeyE View Post
NICE~! Track is very nice. Only 15-minutes from my house.
Pictures?
kentech is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 01:41 AM
  #22  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kentech View Post
Pictures?
www.rcblood.com
kschu is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:22 AM
  #23  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeyE View Post
NICE~! Track is very nice. Only 15-minutes from my house.
JoeyE,

Can you give me an exact address for the RC City track. Need to work out where the best to stay is.

Last year at RC Addict we stayed all the way down at Sukhumvit. Sounded a lomg way away but the freeway made it easy
cannon is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
  #24  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Basic entry form is online now.

Not sure how much the entry fees are though. Do the organisers inform you at a later date?
renjie is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
  #25  
Tech Initiate
 
BangkokBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by cannon View Post
JoeyE,

Can you give me an exact address for the RC City track. Need to work out where the best to stay is.

Last year at RC Addict we stayed all the way down at Sukhumvit. Sounded a lomg way away but the freeway made it easy
Here's a map of the RC City location.
It's in Thai but it's on Viphavadee-Rangsit Road Soi 84. Its about 2km north of the old Don Muang airport in north Bangkok. Any taxi driver will know Future Park Mall or Zeer Rangsit IT Mall.
Attached Thumbnails TITC 2011-3901_05_06_10_11_26_15.jpg  
BangkokBulldog is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 AM
  #26  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Official's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 474
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I heard there's news of date changes wonder if thats true.
Official is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 02:24 PM
  #27  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

THey are considering bringing it forward one week so as not to clash with the Euro indoors
cannon is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 PM
  #28  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cannon View Post
THey are considering bringing it forward one week so as not to clash with the Euro indoors
Phew, lucky I didn't book the tickets yet. It will be my first time going to TITC and after I reading last years thread I think they had a similar situation with changing dates.
renjie is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 11:19 PM
  #29  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by renjie View Post
Phew, lucky I didn't book the tickets yet. It will be my first time going to TITC and after I reading last years thread I think they had a similar situation with changing dates.
If you are flying from NZ, keep an eye on the Emirates airlines prices. They do good deals on flights to Bangkok and fly into Auckland via Sydney

If you run your Mini under Mini rules that I have seen from NZ you will get slaughtered. In Thailand the Minis are not restricted in gearing and the racers there dremel huge holes in the chassis so that they can mount 27t pinions with the speed gear sets. Then they dremel away half the chassis.

Last yaer the entry fee for Mini was 3000 baht (around $AUD100) but that included a ESC and motor , t shirt and tyres and banquet on last day. This year will be a little bit different. I assume the price will be up soon
cannon is offline  
Old 09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
  #30  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cannon View Post
If you are flying from NZ, keep an eye on the Emirates airlines prices. They do good deals on flights to Bangkok and fly into Auckland via Sydney

If you run your Mini under Mini rules that I have seen from NZ you will get slaughtered. In Thailand the Minis are not restricted in gearing and the racers there dremel huge holes in the chassis so that they can mount 27t pinions with the speed gear sets. Then they dremel away half the chassis.

Last yaer the entry fee for Mini was 3000 baht (around $AUD100) but that included a ESC and motor , t shirt and tyres and banquet on last day. This year will be a little bit different. I assume the price will be up soon
I'll be flying from China so it will most likely be with Air Asia. If I book now I can get return flights for about $200 AUD (plus luggage)... lol, don't get much else on Air Asia though. Air Asia is great for travel within Asia.

Haven't decided what class(es) to run yet but looking at the formula class (with a TF108) and maybe mini or brushless stock but I still need to get some more gear and practice and decide then. Those archaic Mini rules in NZ has been like that since the M01 was around. At least now they are "allowed" to use an ESC....rofl. I guess at least it keeps the costs down.

$100 AUD including the other items is reasonable enough. I like the control items, it's keeps people on a more level playing field..... Then again some of those mini mods seem pretty extreme.
renjie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.