R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TITC 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/437213-titc-2011-a.html)

mac853 09-25-2010 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by cannon (Post 7982500)
The rules state ........

"2 (two) Wheels Drive either Front or Rear according to Chassis Made "

so that would mean M04 and the new M06 would be allowed as well

yes, but it said just m03/05 and switch, and don't see what is the reason it didn't say m04 as well, then i don't know too why they are not allowing coming soon m06, just because in that time this car could surely the most famous 1 in the market, is what i guess...

cannon 09-25-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 7984502)
yes, but it said just m03/05 and switch, and don't see what is the reason it didn't say m04 as well, then i don't know too why they are not allowing coming soon m06, just because in that time this car could surely the most famous 1 in the market, is what i guess...

I think that they give the M03, M05 and Switch as examples of injection plastic chassis cars.

cannon 09-25-2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson (Post 7984479)
i was under the impression that those entry details were outdated and incorrect like the majority of the site....

Luke,

The dates and rules are for the 2011 race. The pics and old entry list are from last year

mac853 09-25-2010 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by cannon (Post 7985672)
I think that they give the M03, M05 and Switch as examples of injection plastic chassis cars.

I think so, those are just translated from Thai, then maybe something is not complete.

Thanks for reply!

JoeyE 09-25-2010 04:36 PM

NICE~! Track is very nice. Only 15-minutes from my house.

kentech 09-25-2010 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyE (Post 7985860)

Pictures?

kschu 09-26-2010 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by kentech (Post 7987070)
Pictures?

www.rcblood.com

cannon 09-26-2010 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by JoeyE (Post 7985860)

JoeyE,

Can you give me an exact address for the RC City track. Need to work out where the best to stay is.

Last year at RC Addict we stayed all the way down at Sukhumvit. Sounded a lomg way away but the freeway made it easy

renjie 09-28-2010 06:34 AM

Basic entry form is online now.

Not sure how much the entry fees are though. Do the organisers inform you at a later date?

BangkokBulldog 09-28-2010 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cannon (Post 7987218)
JoeyE,

Can you give me an exact address for the RC City track. Need to work out where the best to stay is.

Last year at RC Addict we stayed all the way down at Sukhumvit. Sounded a lomg way away but the freeway made it easy

Here's a map of the RC City location.
It's in Thai but it's on Viphavadee-Rangsit Road Soi 84. Its about 2km north of the old Don Muang airport in north Bangkok. Any taxi driver will know Future Park Mall or Zeer Rangsit IT Mall.

Official 09-28-2010 09:19 AM

I heard there's news of date changes wonder if thats true.

cannon 09-28-2010 01:24 PM

THey are considering bringing it forward one week so as not to clash with the Euro indoors

renjie 09-28-2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by cannon (Post 7998580)
THey are considering bringing it forward one week so as not to clash with the Euro indoors

Phew, lucky I didn't book the tickets yet. It will be my first time going to TITC and after I reading last years thread I think they had a similar situation with changing dates.

cannon 09-28-2010 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by renjie (Post 8000683)
Phew, lucky I didn't book the tickets yet. It will be my first time going to TITC and after I reading last years thread I think they had a similar situation with changing dates.

If you are flying from NZ, keep an eye on the Emirates airlines prices. They do good deals on flights to Bangkok and fly into Auckland via Sydney

If you run your Mini under Mini rules that I have seen from NZ you will get slaughtered. In Thailand the Minis are not restricted in gearing and the racers there dremel huge holes in the chassis so that they can mount 27t pinions with the speed gear sets. Then they dremel away half the chassis.

Last yaer the entry fee for Mini was 3000 baht (around $AUD100) but that included a ESC and motor , t shirt and tyres and banquet on last day. This year will be a little bit different. I assume the price will be up soon

renjie 09-28-2010 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by cannon (Post 8000758)
If you are flying from NZ, keep an eye on the Emirates airlines prices. They do good deals on flights to Bangkok and fly into Auckland via Sydney

If you run your Mini under Mini rules that I have seen from NZ you will get slaughtered. In Thailand the Minis are not restricted in gearing and the racers there dremel huge holes in the chassis so that they can mount 27t pinions with the speed gear sets. Then they dremel away half the chassis.

Last yaer the entry fee for Mini was 3000 baht (around $AUD100) but that included a ESC and motor , t shirt and tyres and banquet on last day. This year will be a little bit different. I assume the price will be up soon

I'll be flying from China so it will most likely be with Air Asia. If I book now I can get return flights for about $200 AUD (plus luggage)... lol, don't get much else on Air Asia though. Air Asia is great for travel within Asia.

Haven't decided what class(es) to run yet but looking at the formula class (with a TF108) and maybe mini or brushless stock but I still need to get some more gear and practice and decide then. Those archaic Mini rules in NZ has been like that since the M01 was around. At least now they are "allowed" to use an ESC....rofl. I guess at least it keeps the costs down.

$100 AUD including the other items is reasonable enough. I like the control items, it's keeps people on a more level playing field..... Then again some of those mini mods seem pretty extreme.