Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RCknight
I'm sure the bearings are seated in the hub so that's not an issue. I'll check to see if it has too much neg camber. lol I've not set it up on the board yet, but I measured the camber links per the instructions. I'll check again. I checked it and it's not the camber links.

I think I figured it out. The inner toe block option is shorter than the separate toe blocks. It leaves much less room for the cvds and binds up the drive train. Nice...I'll have to shim it some more, but I can't say that I'm happy. Be prepared to buy new 50mm cvds if you use the optional toe block and desire to keep the stock width. Are the T3 arms longer than the old 008? I'm trying to get an idea if my wheels will be under the body.
Your situation seems like it is isolated so Im looking forward to seeing your pic of it. I doubt you have too much neg. camber if you've set the links per the instructions, and if you've shimmed per the instructions you shouldn't have any issue either. You shouldn't have to do anything extra to make the 52s work.

To answer your question, the T3 arms are the same length as the '008 arms.

Are you using outboard toe too?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
did the same thing with you... yours look better though...

you may also want to try putting the pulley on the other side of the diff and use a good epoxy to fix it. way so much better in looks factor. i'll try to grab a snapshot of what i mean by "way looks better"
As said by by the other lad lining it up in the center would be my concern.and the epoxy would have to be a strong bond as it has nothing to key in to on the other side.if you can post a pic it would be better to know what you mean:-).
Old 12-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

No I'm using the ball diff. Seems the kit should be using 50mm shafts as the 52mm seem to bind using the suggested shims.
Post a pic because you have to be doing something wrong, 52mm shafts will fit without any binding issues.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I'm sure the bearings are seated in the hub so that's not an issue. I'll check to see if it has too much neg camber. lol I've not set it up on the board yet, but I measured the camber links per the instructions. I'll check again. I checked it and it's not the camber links.

I think I figured it out. The inner toe block option is shorter than the separate toe blocks. It leaves much less room for the cvds and binds up the drive train. Nice...I'll have to shim it some more, but I can't say that I'm happy. Be prepared to buy new 50mm cvds if you use the optional toe block and desire to keep the stock width. Are the T3 arms longer than the old 008? I'm trying to get an idea if my wheels will be under the body.
What inner toe block option are you talking about? You mean the one piece mount for the front mount in the rear? If so I have that on my car as well and still dont have any issues. Not saying you dont have an issue just trying to help you figure out exactly whats going on. Dont want any dis satisfied customers!! Post or email me a pic at [email protected] and I will compare it to mine tonight when I get home.

EA
Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Email sent. Thanks

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
What inner toe block option are you talking about? You mean the one piece mount for the front mount in the rear? If so I have that on my car as well and still dont have any issues. Not saying you dont have an issue just trying to help you figure out exactly whats going on. Dont want any dis satisfied customers!! Post or email me a pic at [email protected] and I will compare it to mine tonight when I get home.

EA
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
As said by by the other lad lining it up in the center would be my concern.and the epoxy would have to be a strong bond as it has nothing to key in to on the other side.if you can post a pic it would be better to know what you mean:-).
what i could remember from the diff-build i saw was the you only need to shave off the pulley/teeth portion of the NT1 diff and retain the plastic material and use that as part of the right pulley wall.
really need to have that snapshot.. "picture does paint a thousand words"
Old 12-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just have a quick question for RCAmerica... Don't know if you can answer it but its worth a shot. Does CanWest RC (Canada's Xray distributor) get Xray product through RCAmerica or directly from Xray? The reason I am asking is I have had the T3'11 on order since it was announced and I am still waiting for it... Kind of getting frustrated at this point...lol
Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey drew can I purchase parts for my xray t1fk04 from rc america ? I love this car
Old 12-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
Just have a quick question for RCAmerica... Don't know if you can answer it but its worth a shot. Does CanWest RC (Canada's Xray distributor) get Xray product through RCAmerica or directly from Xray? The reason I am asking is I have had the T3'11 on order since it was announced and I am still waiting for it... Kind of getting frustrated at this point...lol
Rob,

I really think you should be talking to Chuck ( your local dealer) he has been updated with inbound and outbound shipping dates. Btw his order did process and ship so you should have your new car any day you can pm me if you would like more info.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Korgae
Rob,

I really think you should be talking to Chuck ( your local dealer) he has been updated with inbound and outbound shipping dates. Btw his order did process and ship so you should have your new car any day you can pm me if you would like more info.
Thanks Korgae! Its my first new TC since the 008 and I'm just excited to get it...lol
Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What would happen to the camber links if you swapped which side the L1 and L2 roll center holders were on?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
Hey drew can I purchase parts for my xray t1fk04 from rc america ? I love this car
I loved that car too
Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

What's up with Drew? He hasn't posted here in over a week. His last was 11/23.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Whats up guys sorry for not posting. Got back from the Indoor Champs and have been out of it. Took Lil Drew with me this year and it was his first big race and first time running 1/12. Luckly he did not break the car at all and made it some what easy on me, but he sure tried.

I am going to be going back though all the post and making sure they all get answered.

Thanks Drew
Old 12-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER

Yes I think we still have some of the main parts in stock. Just give RCAmerica a call @214-744-2400 or email me with the parts you are looking for [email protected].

Thanks Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.