R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #541
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
I'm sure the bearings are seated in the hub so that's not an issue. I'll check to see if it has too much neg camber. lol I've not set it up on the board yet, but I measured the camber links per the instructions. I'll check again. I checked it and it's not the camber links.

I think I figured it out. The inner toe block option is shorter than the separate toe blocks. It leaves much less room for the cvds and binds up the drive train. Nice...I'll have to shim it some more, but I can't say that I'm happy. Be prepared to buy new 50mm cvds if you use the optional toe block and desire to keep the stock width. Are the T3 arms longer than the old 008? I'm trying to get an idea if my wheels will be under the body.
Your situation seems like it is isolated so Im looking forward to seeing your pic of it. I doubt you have too much neg. camber if you've set the links per the instructions, and if you've shimmed per the instructions you shouldn't have any issue either. You shouldn't have to do anything extra to make the 52s work.

To answer your question, the T3 arms are the same length as the '008 arms.

Are you using outboard toe too?
Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #542
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
did the same thing with you... yours look better though...

you may also want to try putting the pulley on the other side of the diff and use a good epoxy to fix it. way so much better in looks factor. i'll try to grab a snapshot of what i mean by "way looks better"
As said by by the other lad lining it up in the center would be my concern.and the epoxy would have to be a strong bond as it has nothing to key in to on the other side.if you can post a pic it would be better to know what you mean:-).
Old 12-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
No I'm using the ball diff. Seems the kit should be using 50mm shafts as the 52mm seem to bind using the suggested shims.
Post a pic because you have to be doing something wrong, 52mm shafts will fit without any binding issues.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #544
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
I'm sure the bearings are seated in the hub so that's not an issue. I'll check to see if it has too much neg camber. lol I've not set it up on the board yet, but I measured the camber links per the instructions. I'll check again. I checked it and it's not the camber links.

I think I figured it out. The inner toe block option is shorter than the separate toe blocks. It leaves much less room for the cvds and binds up the drive train. Nice...I'll have to shim it some more, but I can't say that I'm happy. Be prepared to buy new 50mm cvds if you use the optional toe block and desire to keep the stock width. Are the T3 arms longer than the old 008? I'm trying to get an idea if my wheels will be under the body.
What inner toe block option are you talking about? You mean the one piece mount for the front mount in the rear? If so I have that on my car as well and still dont have any issues. Not saying you dont have an issue just trying to help you figure out exactly whats going on. Dont want any dis satisfied customers!! Post or email me a pic at [email protected] and I will compare it to mine tonight when I get home.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Email sent. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
What inner toe block option are you talking about? You mean the one piece mount for the front mount in the rear? If so I have that on my car as well and still dont have any issues. Not saying you dont have an issue just trying to help you figure out exactly whats going on. Dont want any dis satisfied customers!! Post or email me a pic at [email protected] and I will compare it to mine tonight when I get home.

EA
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #546
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
As said by by the other lad lining it up in the center would be my concern.and the epoxy would have to be a strong bond as it has nothing to key in to on the other side.if you can post a pic it would be better to know what you mean:-).
what i could remember from the diff-build i saw was the you only need to shave off the pulley/teeth portion of the NT1 diff and retain the plastic material and use that as part of the right pulley wall.
really need to have that snapshot.. "picture does paint a thousand words"
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #547
Tech Fanatic

Just have a quick question for RCAmerica... Don't know if you can answer it but its worth a shot. Does CanWest RC (Canada's Xray distributor) get Xray product through RCAmerica or directly from Xray? The reason I am asking is I have had the T3'11 on order since it was announced and I am still waiting for it... Kind of getting frustrated at this point...lol
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #548
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey drew can I purchase parts for my xray t1fk04 from rc america ? I love this car
Old 12-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #549
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Just have a quick question for RCAmerica... Don't know if you can answer it but its worth a shot. Does CanWest RC (Canada's Xray distributor) get Xray product through RCAmerica or directly from Xray? The reason I am asking is I have had the T3'11 on order since it was announced and I am still waiting for it... Kind of getting frustrated at this point...lol
Rob,

I really think you should be talking to Chuck ( your local dealer) he has been updated with inbound and outbound shipping dates. Btw his order did process and ship so you should have your new car any day you can pm me if you would like more info.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #550
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgae View Post
Rob,

I really think you should be talking to Chuck ( your local dealer) he has been updated with inbound and outbound shipping dates. Btw his order did process and ship so you should have your new car any day you can pm me if you would like more info.
Thanks Korgae! Its my first new TC since the 008 and I'm just excited to get it...lol
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #551
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What would happen to the camber links if you swapped which side the L1 and L2 roll center holders were on?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #552
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER View Post
Hey drew can I purchase parts for my xray t1fk04 from rc america ? I love this car
I loved that car too

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #553
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

What's up with Drew? He hasn't posted here in over a week. His last was 11/23.
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #554
Tech Master

Whats up guys sorry for not posting. Got back from the Indoor Champs and have been out of it. Took Lil Drew with me this year and it was his first big race and first time running 1/12. Luckly he did not break the car at all and made it some what easy on me, but he sure tried.

I am going to be going back though all the post and making sure they all get answered.

Thanks Drew
Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 AM   #555
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER View Post

Yes I think we still have some of the main parts in stock. Just give RCAmerica a call @214-744-2400 or email me with the parts you are looking for [email protected].

Thanks Drew