R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-22-2010, 02:10 AM   #451
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Yes I have been using a spec-r. I think its hit or miss with them. I had one leak and one did not. The o-rings are junk in them. Xray is working on something.

Thanks Drew
Hi Drew, do we need to change the front cvd to 50mm in order to use Spec R gear diff in the front? Thanks.
air jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #452
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder8c View Post
Will i be able to buy one of the kits in the latest shipment or is there a wait for the next to come in.
I think the whole shipment is soldout there will be another one coming soon. The best thing is to get one on order. We may still have a few in stock but its not many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Mod View Post
Hey Drew, what weight oil would you recommened for a rear gear diff on carpet with about a 8.5? Thanks.
I would start with 2000cst and fill it up. Thats what I have been running, and I like how its feels.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #453
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by air jordan View Post
Hi Drew, do we need to change the front cvd to 50mm in order to use Spec R gear diff in the front? Thanks.
I heard people having problems with this, but I have been running the 52mm ECS's with 2.25 shims for width and have had no problems. I run the 50mm CVD's in the rear.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #454
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by air jordan View Post
FYI, a easy way to check if you're running into bind issues that may require axle shaft changes or width changes, is, take one of the shocks off the end of the car your working on. Have it on a stand of some sort, now, rotate the wheel that still has the shock attached, and as your doing that, lift the other side up via the arm, for the full range of motion, if you have bind problems, your going to feel/see it right away. I know you won't ever use that much up/down, but it sure takes the guessing out of the situation.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #455
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
I think the whole shipment is soldout there will be another one coming soon. The best thing is to get one on order. We may still have a few in stock but its not many.

Thanks Drew
Are you getting close to that magic 100 number yet?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #456
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Are you getting close to that magic 100 number yet?

We're getting close..
Old 11-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #457
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Gear diff

Hey Drew, Wondering if anyone has tried the NT1 gear diff with the ultralight composite gears in it? I tried it originally with the metal gears but it seemed really heavy compared to the stock ball diff. I'm wondering with the NT1 diff with composite gears should be used with all 4 bevel gears? With the metal gears people were using 2 bevel gears? Thanks
arn671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #458
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn671 View Post
Hey Drew, Wondering if anyone has tried the NT1 gear diff with the ultralight composite gears in it? I tried it originally with the metal gears but it seemed really heavy compared to the stock ball diff. I'm wondering with the NT1 diff with composite gears should be used with all 4 bevel gears? With the metal gears people were using 2 bevel gears? Thanks
Yes, Blackedoutrevo's car has capricorn gears in his NT1 gear diff.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #459
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Nexus has lightweight composite gears from RCamerica for the NT1 diff (2g for the set), are people running 2 or 4 bevel gears? Starting diff oil weight for medium to high bite carpet?
arn671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #460
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Nexus has lightweight composite gears from RCamerica for the NT1 diff (2g for the set), are people running 2 or 4 bevel gears? Starting diff oil weight for medium to high bite carpet?
I run all the capricorn diff parts in my nt1 diff. I say run all four, I havent tried two with the capricorn gears, maybe with 17.5 it would be fine but with mod I wouldt trust it, its not like the gears weight much anyhow lol. As for the oil im not sure on carpet, I just have to say that all the oils in a nt1 diff feel thicker compared to a spec r diff, so keep that in mind
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #461
Tech Master

Quote:
I have not tried it yet, but I have seen it. But yes I would think it would be great and work well with the composite gears in running the 4 spider gears and the 2 bevel gears. I know in the gas car it was 14 grams lighter then the stock gear diff with the composite. Also RCAmerica has the composite gears with the lightweight pins in stock. So I think it would be fine to run all of the composite gears in the diff.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #462
Tech Master

Quote:
I would start with 1000cst and go from there. I have been running 2000cst in mine. But as Blackedoutrevo said the oil feels thicker in the NT1 GD then the spec-r. So 1000cst would be safe.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #463
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking at picture of T3R I do not see any squared sections on the turn buckle where a wrench can be used....is this realy the case and if so how are you supposed to make camber and toe adjustments on the set up board??
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #464
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Looking at picture of T3R I do not see any squared sections on the turn buckle where a wrench can be used....is this realy the case and if so how are you supposed to make camber and toe adjustments on the set up board??
The T3R is what you would call an Xray budget car and that is one place on the car they changed in the kit to get the price a little better then the T3 or T3'11. The coolest trick I have seen that people do is notch them . Basically they flat spot two sides so they can use a camber wrench. Some just upgrade to nicer turnbuckles.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #465
Tech Addict

Here's my custom made gear diff my dad made from the NT1 that I use in my T3.

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)
Mini-Mod is offline   Reply With Quote