R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Hi guys, everyone needs to try the H1 and H2 camber links in the front. Paul and I tried and ran them at the Halloween race. I picked up 2 tenths 10.3 to 10.1. Paul went the same speed but said he would stick with them. We ran them in the low long spot on the tower with 2mm shims under the link. Run the H1 on the left and the H2 on the right. Please post feedback here.

Thank Drew
1+, .14 seconds better on average, more predictable turn in with a very mild push on exit out.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #332
Tech Regular

Default H1 H2

I have just bought these for my T2 009, Am I right in thinking that running them in the front only will give more grip to that end of the car. I always thought that by lowering the inner camber link end gave more grip but Im confused now ??? can some one explain in simple terms please lol
Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #333
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
1+, .14 seconds better on average, more predictable turn in with a very mild push on exit out.
Great to hear. Think alot of guys were trying this link this weekend so there should be more feedback coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
I have just bought these for my T2 009, Am I right in thinking that running them in the front only will give more grip to that end of the car. I always thought that by lowering the inner camber link end gave more grip but Im confused now ??? can some one explain in simple terms please lol
When you run the H1H2's in the spot that I have them in the front its more camber gain. Its a little more then the hill billy link but its a shorter link so its more responseive. I think we will end up running them in the rear also but high and long instead how the front is low and long. More camber gain in the front and less camber gain in the rear. Really all I look at with the camber links is how much camber gain I have and tune from there . Don't know if thats right but thats how I do it.

Hope thats helps.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-01-2010, 03:09 AM   #334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Great to hear. Think alot of guys were trying this link this weekend so there should be more feedback coming soon.

When you run the H1H2's in the spot that I have them in the front its more camber gain. Its a little more then the hill billy link but its a shorter link so its more responseive. I think we will end up running them in the rear also but high and long instead how the front is low and long. More camber gain in the front and less camber gain in the rear. Really all I look at with the camber links is how much camber gain I have and tune from there . Don't know if thats right but thats how I do it.

Hope thats helps.

Thanks Drew
Hi Drew,

I know you have tried the H mounts on carpet but do you have any thoughts on the above set up in relation to the T3 2011 on asphalt ?

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #335
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
Hi Drew,

I know you have tried the H mounts on carpet but do you have any thoughts on the above set up in relation to the T3 2011 on asphalt ?

Have not had a chance to test it on asphalt yet, but I would think that it would do the same thing. Maybe jusy a 1mm shim instead of a 2mm shim underneath the link.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #336
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I tried the H1/H2 on my regular t3 in mod asphalt rubber, major on power push, no other change. I did only run 1mm outisde shim and maybe if I played with droop and ran a 2mm shim it would be nice .
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #337
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I tried the H1/H2 on my regular t3 in mod asphalt rubber, major on power push, no other change. I did only run 1mm outisde shim and maybe if I played with droop and ran a 2mm shim it would be nice .
Try 2mm shim and less droop in the front.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #338
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post

I did reduce my outside spacing 1mm, from 3mm to 2mm.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #339
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Ackermann

Hi,

Would increasing the shims from 1mm (kit) to 2mm on the steering post increase of decrease steering?

Thanks
Mr. MR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #340
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. MR4 View Post
Hi,

Would increasing the shims from 1mm (kit) to 2mm on the steering post increase of decrease steering?

Thanks
It will increase steering. Its more camber gain, if you want to see how it effects the camber put it on the hudy camber gauges and push down lightly. Do it with the 1mm and then do it with the 2mm shims, you will see that there is an increase in the camber gain.

Thanks Drew
Old 11-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #341
Tech Regular

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the reply.

What exactly does the ackermann shim do when increasing from 1mm to 2mm?

Karl
Old 11-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #342
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Quote:
It will increase steering. Its more camber gain, if you want to see how it effects the camber put it on the hudy camber gauges and push down lightly. Do it with the 1mm and then do it with the 2mm shims, you will see that there is an increase in the camber gain.

Thanks Drew
I think this question was related to ackerman, not camber gain. I've always felt that moving the ackerman forward (less ackerman) will increase steering through the entire corner.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #343
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi Drew,

Thanks for the reply.

What exactly does the ackermann shim do when increasing from 1mm to 2mm?

Karl

Ah, I'm too slow (as usual!) Hopefully my last post helps!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #344
Tech Regular

Ok clear now. Thanks for replies
Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #345
Tech Master

Sorry about that, we have been on this whole camber link talk and I read it wrong. But Robbie is right adding shims always feels like it gives the car more steering though out the turn. I am at long wheelbase in the front with 4mm shims for ackerman.

Thanks Drew