R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #256
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

I apologize if this has been asked before. WIll Xray make an upgrade kit for the T3 to make it a T3 '11? Please let me know as soon as possible!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #257
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the R9-R or the P37-R bodies? I currently run the LTC-R which i like better than the speed 6, but was just currious about the other two.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan View Post
Has anyone tried the R9-R or the P37-R bodies? I currently run the LTC-R which i like better than the speed 6, but was just currious about the other two.
I've run the R9-R a few times and didn't like the feel. I tend to stick to the Speed6. The R9-R doesn't feel very balanced on outdoor asphalt. The front end is too aggressive.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #259
Tech Regular

Quick question,

Was interested in purchasing the 1/10th onroad hauler bag. Who do I talk to about getting my name engraved and any idea on the extra cost associated with this and the wait?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #260
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilywhiting View Post
Hey Drew,
I have my new NT1 half built. Its going together really smooth. We will probably start it up this weekend to make sure everything is good. This is the first car I've built start to finish since dad usually does it so Im learning a lot about the car. Im sure we will see you at a track somewhere soon. Thanks again for all your help in Memphis.
Emily
Emily

Thats great to hear. Let me know how it all goes when you get done. If you have any question just post here or send me a email.

Thanks Drew
[email protected]
Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #261
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before. WIll Xray make an upgrade kit for the T3 to make it a T3 '11? Please let me know as soon as possible!
Do not think we will offer an upgrade kit, but we will have the parts you need to do this. They just won't be offered together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Z View Post
Quick question,

Was interested in purchasing the 1/10th onroad hauler bag. Who do I talk to about getting my name engraved and any idea on the extra cost associated with this and the wait?

Best thing to do is call RCAmerica and they can help you with getting this done. Not sure if Xray is offering the engraved bags anymore.

214-744-2400

Thanks Drew
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #262
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

Drew, Thanks for the information. Does anyone have the part # for the new bladders in the T3 011?

Also Drew. Do you know if the new parts for the t3 011 are coming at the same time as the car kit T3 011?
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Drew, Thanks for the information. Does anyone have the part # for the new bladders in the T3 011?
30 8081
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #264
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
I've run the R9-R a few times and didn't like the feel. I tend to stick to the Speed6. The R9-R doesn't feel very balanced on outdoor asphalt. The front end is too aggressive.
I'll be running mostly on carpet, do you think the R9-R would fair better on carpet? Thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #265
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've tried the R-9 on asphalt and carpet and have yet to find a situation where I prefer it over an LTC. I have a P-37 painted and mounted but my local carpet track doesn't have enough grip at the moment (thanks offroad) to get any good feedback. The P-37 *looks* like it will be in between the Speed6 and the LTC, probably closer to the steering feel of the Mazda if the bubbly nose is any indication. Dale Epps stated that the P-37 is an updated (optimized? ) version of the Stratus so if you like the feel of the Stratus you will probably like the P-37.

-rocky b
flatspunout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #266
Tech Master

Quote:

Also Drew. Do you know if the new parts for the t3 011 are coming at the same time as the car kit T3 011?

The parts you will need should be coming on the next order. Middle to end of Nov.

Thanks Drew
Old 10-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #267
Tech Master

Paul and I will be heading to the Halloween Race at the gate this weekend. If anyone there needs some help make sure to stop bye and say hello.

Will try and keep everyone updated here with whats going on, should be a good test session.

Thanks Drew
Old 10-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #268
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default Take them down

Good luck drew and Paul. Represent. Pease out!
tnrccar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #269
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspunout View Post
I've tried the R-9 on asphalt and carpet and have yet to find a situation where I prefer it over an LTC. I have a P-37 painted and mounted but my local carpet track doesn't have enough grip at the moment (thanks offroad) to get any good feedback. The P-37 *looks* like it will be in between the Speed6 and the LTC, probably closer to the steering feel of the Mazda if the bubbly nose is any indication. Dale Epps stated that the P-37 is an updated (optimized? ) version of the Stratus so if you like the feel of the Stratus you will probably like the P-37.

-rocky b
I gave it a few runs, I like it. It does feel like a Stratus, but a "free'd up" Stratus. More rotation, smoother, but good steering like the Mazda has - but not even as aggressive as the LTC-R.

On my car it felt more stable mid corner, rotated well, but didn't seem like an amazing difference over the Mazda. Either is good IMO, but I like the new look better.
Wes Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Got to see Wes' car run with both bodies and the same setup, they new body does work just as well as the Mazda it seems. And like he said, the new look is refreshing.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote