R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #196
Regional Moderator

Someone in this thread would probably expect Xray to fly Drew around the country, building T3 shocks for every customer (all included in the price of the kit, or course). Anything else and the new kits are a ripoff.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Someone in this thread would probably expect Xray to fly Drew around the country, building T3 shocks for every customer (all included in the price of the kit, or course). Anything else and the new kits are a ripoff.
Too bad for you Carbon Joe. You clearly don't understand marketing or value. Spend the next 20 years living in your parent's basement playing World of Warcraft and spamming threads with nonsense and you might start to get it. Think I might dump the Corally and pony up for a T3 just because I feel bad for what these poor X-Ray folks have to endure....and the cars look cool so they must be faster.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonadona View Post
Drew, thanks for the help with my shocks this weekend. You were right about how easy it is using your method. I think if you do post a video on how to build and bleed shocks it will really help people having trouble getting them correct.

Thanks again,
Brian Bonadona
+1

It was a great race and in large part due to Xray's awesome support and Drew's and EA's help. I'll be attending as many Xray challenges as I can from here on out.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #199
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LThompson37 View Post
Thanks to Drew and EA for the help this past weekend with my car and ESC. I could have used some more luck in the main, but after qualifying 3rd in 17.5 I would have to say it was a good weekend. Also thanks to RC America for supporting local racing and coming to Memphis, look forward to doing it again soon.

Lee
I totally agree with you Lee. Drew and EA were a hugh help at the Xray Challenge in Memphis. Thanks guys.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #200
Tech Master

Thanks guys. The race was a really big hit. I feel like we helped alot of folks down there.

Brian, we will get working on the shock building video soon, but I am glad you got to see how easy they are.

I will be getting the race report and pics up soon on www.teamxray.com

Thanks Drew
Old 10-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #201
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackin View Post
Does anybody know how CRC side springs relate to the side springs on the x10. Also what is the center spring rated at?
thanks
chuck
Hey Chuck,

I think the red springs are a little stiffer than the ones that come on the kit. I usually use AE golds or Blues on my car. The center spring is rated WAY Too soft. We have tested new springs that seem to be working very well and I think are going into production any day now if not already.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #202
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
What is the difference between the roll center mounts in the t3r vs the t3 L ones? and does rotating the t3r ones do anything?
Sorry about taken so long to answer this.

The difference is the L1 nd L2 that come in the T3 kit, they are longer.

Yes you can rotate the ones that come with the T3R. Its like having 4 camber link holes on the shock tower. You can have a long upper link, long lower link, short upper link, and a short lower link. Which all help you with roll center and camber gain.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Drew
Old 10-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #203
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

EA, I ended up with white CRC springs on the sides and heavy oil in the side shock. I also have a CRC center shock and #50 front springs to try, kind of what Monte ran in Vegas. Entry into high speed corners is good, but still pushes in low speed turns, Small tires are the way to go and Jack is much better than Sticky Fingers. Any chance of any shock springs showing up at The Gate next weekend?

thanks
chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonadona View Post
Drew, thanks for the help with my shocks this weekend. You were right about how easy it is using your method. I think if you do post a video on how to build and bleed shocks it will really help people having trouble getting them correct.

Thanks again,
Brian Bonadona

Below is the method that I have used for months now to set near 0 rebound when using the Aluminum shocks.

1) Use a #56 or #57 drill bit and drill a hole in the shock cap.
2) I use an air removal tool to ensure there are no air bubbles in the shock.
3) Assemble the shock with the shaft fully extended and the shaft should be facing downward.
4) Invert the shock so that the shaft is on top and unscrew the cap 3 or 4 times, be careful not to unscrew it too much.
5) Push the shaft in and hold it then screw the cap back on. Excess oil should leak from the oil in the cap.
6) Push the shaft in and pull it out a few times and there should now be little rebound.

Initially when I developed this procedure I used to repeat these steps 2 times to be safe and then I soon noticed that 1 time was enough. It's near impossible to get 0 rebound so I always account for there being 10%.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #205
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I always used a method similar to that on Tamiya shocks. I just used a body reamer to make a tiny hole in the cap, works great for similar rebound.