R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Little more info, this year the 17.5 class was split. Other classes were dropped. We have the lowest turnout in years....... you figure it out
I have read in several threads now that drivers over there have been luke warm about the 17.5 Open class in general?, or more that a true middle class it's not so people feel the loss of SS?.

For what it's worth I think people want a class with almost mod type speed, but without the wear and harder to manage power, or maybe I'm dead wrong, either way what we have here is 10.5 with boost, but I think it's a shade too quick, if we drop our SS to 13.5 with boost next year I'll be happy, I like the speed/power balance in this vague turn range with timing.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #32
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey there's thought, ask the racers that race there. Or even better ask the racers that don't come around anymore. Yea, been there done that that's why I suggested the change.
That is why the topic was brought up on the FW thread, and why a survey was setup, so that anybody related to FW could type something up about what is working and what isn't. I would love it if every single person that has raced at FW would fill it out and give honest answers so we can get the data to the guys that run FW. Maybe you could help spread the word about the survey so we can get some more reponses?

Quote:
Little more info, this year the 17.5 class was split. Other classes were dropped. We have the lowest turnout in years....... you figure it out
OOhhh.. that MUST be the reason, right? Hey how about this. Last year you didnt own a dodge challenger, and this year you do. Now, we have the lowest turnout in years.... you figure it out. Here is a link for you, Skypilot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation

A little more info, The 17.5 split ended up being extremely popular. Acutally, the 17.5 sportsman class has been our most popular class all season by a considerable margin. Also... you yourself have said that you changed your mind about the class split being a bad thing, and how you thought it was beneficial and might actually end up saving onroad TC racing. Did you not? Should I go find the post and quote it?

Awwee what the heck, since we love quoting so much: (fyi, skypilot is talking about the cirtix)

Quote:
I bought a system for the Girl I sponsor at my track, she only gets to the track once a week and is on the arrive and drive program, the only thing she brings is a good attitude. the system has great power, no fuss, no muss, as much as I protested when my club split the stock class and as much as I hated it when roar did it, I must say, I have changed my mind. This system rocks and might actually get people to run on road again.
The 17.5 class split into expert and sportsman has nothing to do with low attendance. Maybe it has something to do with combative attitudes or maybe 3 or 4 straight rain outs towards the beginning of the season? Or maybe because there is a brand new racing program near by on Saturdays? Just a guess, maybe you could elighten me since you seem to know everything.

Oh heres another fact for you. No classes were dropped. Nope, not a one. The only thing that happened, was a couple of classes were no longer being counted in the points series. That it is. The fault, was in labeling them "standard classes" and "non-standard classes" instead of "point series classes" and "non-point series classes". It gave the incorrect illusion that the classes were no longer being run or that they were unwelcome, which is incorrect.

Hey, how about we try and stay constructive?
- RCSpecialties -

Last edited by Cpt.America; 09-22-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I like the question out there beyond 'our PNW scope'. (But maybe...just maybe, we need to watch the usual PNW 'ish before the rest of RCTech sees how much we don't appreciate one another....sad, but true.)

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #34
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
yeah... its a little late for that Sorry. By the way, thanks for staying constructive, Jabee.... apprecaited. And I'm sorry (especially to you, ritchie) if I sound frustrated.... I am.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #35
Tech Legend

Just so everyone understands , a 13.5 is a mod motor ...

17.5 is stock , K ?

If two stocks class's have already failed the program ...
Won't be any different if you make two mod class's and will fail the same as seen already with two stock programs ..

Novice
Stock
Mod

The old system worked & performed perfectly..

Never needed fixing ...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Just so everyone understands , a 13.5 is a mod motor ...

17.5 is stock , K ?

If two stocks class's have already failed the program ...
Won't be any different if you make two mod class's and will fail the same as seen already with two stock programs ..

Novice
Stock
Mod

The old system worked & performed perfectly..

Never needed fixing ...
then why is it trcr [your track] uses 13.5 in stock classes
Old 09-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
That is why the topic was brought up on the FW thread, and why a survey was setup, so that anybody related to FW could type something up about what is working and what isn't. I would love it if every single person that has raced at FW would fill it out and give honest answers so we can get the data to the guys that run FW. Maybe you could help spread the word about the survey so we can get some more reponses?

OOhhh.. that MUST be the reason, right? Hey how about this. Last year you didnt own a dodge challenger, and this year you do. Now, we have the lowest turnout in years.... you figure it out. Here is a link for you, Skypilot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation

A little more info, The 17.5 split ended up being extremely popular. Acutally, the 17.5 sportsman class has been our most popular class all season by a considerable margin. Also... you yourself have said that you changed your mind about the class split being a bad thing, and how you thought it was beneficial and might actually end up saving onroad TC racing. Did you not? Should I go find the post and quote it?

Awwee what the heck, since we love quoting so much: (fyi, skypilot is talking about the cirtix)

The 17.5 class split into expert and sportsman has nothing to do with low attendance. Maybe it has something to do with combative attitudes or maybe 3 or 4 straight rain outs towards the beginning of the season? Or maybe because there is a brand new racing program near by on Saturdays? Just a guess, maybe you could elighten me since you seem to know everything.

Oh heres another fact for you. No classes were dropped. Nope, not a one. The only thing that happened, was a couple of classes were no longer being counted in the points series. That it is. The fault, was in labeling them "standard classes" and "non-standard wclasses" instead of "point series classes" and "non-point series classes". It gave the incorrect illusion that the classes were no longer being run or that they were unwelcome, which is incorrect.

Hey, how about we try and stay constructive?
Point. First time in years no 1/12 scale at summer sizzler. Why? Rule change? Naw can't be that.
Point. What came first? Rules change or new car? Turnout sucked before new car

Point. What I was opposed to is the splitting of a motor into two classes. I still am, however slowing down the 'stock' class is a good thing and that's what that quote is about.