Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

here is my car..Bought the body.. not my paint job as you can tell..

Old 06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pcsmaui
Cool - I think it's going to let me post a pic of my GTP2e rattle can paint job

Wow!!!! Great looking lid!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mine was simply Tamiya Metallic Red, and Pactra Outlaw Black. I took off the window masks before back coating with the same black, as I don't like see through windows. Yes I know it makes it kinda "RTR" looking, but I like it. I also often do the windows with Tamiya's Gunmetal Grey (Metallic), really like that with blue or green bodies.

I learned from Jang over at UltimateRC on Youtube why I like Tamiya's over Pactra - it's a higher pressure can, so better atomizaton, much easier to do fade's with. It's also easier to do lots of very thin coats of metallic without the metallic getting splotchy from going on too thick. But Tamiya's getting hard to find now unfortunately.

Haven't tried my hand yet with airbrushing, not sure I will as I go though bodies too fast to justify that much time/effort. The photos are only 2 months old & that body is just about done from crashes/rolls. (obviously not a good driver yet - but I take solice in the fact I've been in the hobby less than a year) Starting to work on it's replacement tonight in fact.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wyattroa
Ok dude - I want to be your friend, I saw your list of cars in you're signature - WOW.

So on this blue Calsonic, that's a great decal job, but what color/brand is the Blue paint - it's gorgeous!

Next - You have an F1 Competition - you serious? I'm drooling

And how do you like your MCD Rally X4? That just looks like a fun machine to me. I'm getting together with a small group of guys that are running various 1/5 on road - all touring, and they're tempting me to get into 1/5 but the $$ for me at least are serious. The MCD looks like a possibility though.

Would love your feedback/impressions on the FG F1, and the MCD. Thanks
Old 06-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great looking body. Amazing job matching the blue Calsonic decal.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

I got the same lid, but I didn't get any decals for headlights and tail lights. Did you paint your's on?? I right now masking my lid to get ready for painting.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I got the same lid, but I didn't get any decals for headlights and tail lights. Did you paint your's on?? I right now masking my lid to get ready for painting.
Unfortunately the headlights and tail lights are part of the livery decal sheet. I got mine from IGTHobbies.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Here is mine body with horrible paintjob, hehehe:

Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

What shore is the best just for some onroad bashing and will last the longest ?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpompeu
Here is mine body with horrible paintjob, hehehe:

Still look great.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

GT8 and GT8 lite race this sunday July 3rd at TCHobby's in Oceanside, Ca. no. San Diego county off of I-5 on mission ave. TC Hobby's is going to have a big race on the sunday July 24th same location. PM me for more info.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

My body is the kyosho gt1 body already painted from the factory. It was the last one in stock from igt. Ruined the front left side of it though already... so pissed... was running in a parking lot, not lit up that great. I was doing a light speed run and all of a sudden slammed into something head on going into a dim area. I walked over and there was a set of ski's just laying there..It was a church parking lot and during the day they had a big garage sale..someone must have left them. bumper took most of the impact..no damage to the vehicle, but the body it roughed up a bit and cracked a touch on the left side.
Robert
Old 06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pcsmaui
Ok dude - I want to be your friend, I saw your list of cars in you're signature - WOW.

So on this blue Calsonic, that's a great decal job, but what color/brand is the Blue paint - it's gorgeous!

Next - You have an F1 Competition - you serious? I'm drooling

And how do you like your MCD Rally X4? That just looks like a fun machine to me. I'm getting together with a small group of guys that are running various 1/5 on road - all touring, and they're tempting me to get into 1/5 but the $$ for me at least are serious. The MCD looks like a possibility though.

Would love your feedback/impressions on the FG F1, and the MCD. Thanks
The body was from kyosho factory..it came the way you see it. It was the last one in stock at IGT. I love the MCD, it just power slides around the turns and then takes off like a rocket. The f1 is like nothing else, it is the cream of the crop, I love driving it. When you see it flying around you just sit there with your mouth wide open.. Both cars are worth it in my opinion. Here is a picture of them together

Old 06-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Here is some thing for ozzfest to look at..
Attached Thumbnails Ofna Ultra GTP2e-imag0104.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-imag0105.jpg   Ofna Ultra GTP2e-imag0106.jpg  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

The body was from kyosho factory..it came the way you see it. It was the last one in stock at IGT. I love the MCD, it just power slides around the turns and then takes off like a rocket. The f1 is like nothing else, it is the cream of the crop, I love driving it. When you see it flying around you just sit there with your mouth wide open.. Both cars are worth it in my opinion. Here is a picture of them together

Ok - I'm officially green with envy now - Holy Cow! That "semi-drift" power slides on turns and the ability to grip on straight away's is exactly what I'm looking for with the MCD. Now I'm drooling

The F1 sitting still just looks like it's flying, just awesome cars there wyattroa. Think I'll have to work my way up to an F1, frankly don't have the experience nor the $ to justify owning one - yet. But you've about sealed the deal on the MCD, got to get busy selling some 1/10 scale & Traxxas stuff on Fleebay - I want that car.

Thank you so much for the coments and especially the pics of the 2 of them What is your take on the MCD as far as build quality, durability, etc? I'm hearing good things, but nothing like feedback from an owner.

Thanks again man - I think - sheesh.

Sorry everyone else for being off topic, but this is important stuff

Totally lovin my GTP2E by the way - thought I broke it yesterday for the first time, but turned out only I lost the motor mount to chassis screws - both of them just disappeared, outcame the rear ctr drive dogbone - but I found it, popped in 2 replacement screws & I was back in the action in minutes (locktite here I come).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.