Ofna Ultra GTP2e

You're on Page 74 of 142
Go to
  • Trust me I'm a Tekin guy, I use it in every car I race. People around here have had good luck with the HW stuff though so I figured I'd try it in this 1/8 onroad car. It's not a common class in these parts and isn't going to see a lot of action so I'm not into buying a 3rd RX8 combo.
  • Looks like theres a divide among Tekin and Castle users? I have a 2200kv MMM setup now and considering Te kin's combo for #2 car. Is it Worth running two different motors, software/esc. etc? Obviously loyalty has Little to do with getting this car to run in triple digits with some efficany and consistancy. Thoughts on the 2 motors?

Or my lack of brand loyalty? .....
  • Quote: Looks like theres a divide among Tekin and Castle users? I have a 2200kv MMM setup now and considering Te kin's combo for #2 car. Is it Worth running two different motors, software/esc. etc? Obviously loyalty has Little to do with getting this car to run in triple digits with some efficany and consistancy. Thoughts on the 2 motors?

Or my lack of brand loyalty? .....
    I went with the MMM2200 purely so I had the option of running 6S. We run a fairly small tight track so the 2200KV is plenty on smaller packs when I'm not out doing WOT speed passes.
  • Quote: I went with the MMM2200 purely so I had the option of running 6S.
    I run 6S on my T8 2250 on a daily basis, sometimes geared pretty tall too.

Heck, there's a few guys pushing a T8 2650 on 6S for super high speed runs.
  • Same here, I have been running 6S on the same 2650 RX8 system for a couple years with no problems.
  • Should I run the center diff for running this car on a off-road track for a rally class?
  • So i am building great power . Insane acceleration . Just on problem i am blowing the diff pins in the diff . The diff it self if holding up fine however the diff pin is going for sh*t everytime i give it the boots . Does anyone have a good solution for this ? i was thinking diff fluid. something thick.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/p10883/PIN...duct_info.html

this part .
  • Quote: So i am building great power . Insane acceleration . Just on problem i am blowing the diff pins in the diff . The diff it self if holding up fine however the diff pin is going for sh*t everytime i give it the boots . Does anyone have a good solution for this ? i was thinking diff fluid. something thick.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/p10883/PIN...duct_info.html

this part .
    if you are going in straight lines alot, just glue up the innards of the diff. make it into a "Lincoln" locker...
  • GTP2e wird battery tray
    Hi,

I'd like to know if somebody has already modified the battery tray to move it closer to the chassis, the gap looks wird....

This weekend I did some test runs at a local track and there were others cars category running, my GTP2e was w/ a very good speed in straight lines compared to Serpent 1/8 and 1/10 .12 Glows, but the handling at the curves was terrible, even using the Alpha r/c Soft Tires it was very difficult to make the high speed curves.... here is my setup:

Mamba 2200kv 4s
    Spur: Original
    Pinion: 23
    Sway bars: original
    Ride Height: 8mm Front / Rear
    Shock Oil: 70wt Front / 50wt Rear
    Front Camber:1.5deg
    Rear Camber:2.5 deg
    Toe Out: 2deg
    Drop Screws: Arms almost Horizontal
    Tires: Alpha R/C Soft and Hard (Track Temp ~45deg Celcius)

Foam tires can be a good option? Which brand?
  • + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
  • How is the durability on these things? I am looking at buying one in the event my ERBE-GT project turns into an E-Slayer. This kit is much cheaper than i was expecting and would be an easy "do this instead" for me.
  • Quote:
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

BadAss!
  • Anyone know if I can use the Ofna hyper 7 center differential ?. Thanks
  • Also does anyone know how to remove the rear outer hinge pin ?. I see the one set screw holding it in, but on the other side of the arm it's solid. How do you take that pin out ?. Thanks.
  • Quote: Also does anyone know how to remove the rear outer hinge pin ?. I see the one set screw holding it in, but on the other side of the arm it's solid. How do you take that pin out ?. Thanks.
    What I did was drill a 1/16th hole on the solid side so I could push the pin out.