R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default Bods!!

Hey electric dudes I was at the race track this week with my nitro cars and some touring guys came up to me and asked me If make Bodies for the electric cars too ? And I said I'm Thinking about it so can you guys give me some ideas on what newbodies you would like to see? I run just nitro but I can scale down the DaHellion 1 to 190 if you like it. I like to design them a little on the wild side but I think ROAR will aprove most of them and they are all wind tunnel tested and if I can find a elec. car driver as bad as I am then that will cover the crash tests too LOL. Any way something to think about Here's the "Da Hellion 1"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga3468.jpg (51.5 KB, 1218 views)
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:05 PM   #2
Tech Master

If you downsized or took off the enourmous hood scoop to make it more aerodynamic/smooth than I think it'd look good for electric racing
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:39 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

How about a 300c Or an Acura TL or TSX.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
Tech Adept

87-93 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback. I'll buy one right now.
Greg_Hager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:36 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Good looking body. Try scaling it down and give it to a few drivers to test it.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:50 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Default LOL!

Enourmous!!!! Well maybe a tad but I kind of went ballistic with this one the scoops really help keep the nitro cooler and I did a inlay for the exhaust to keep it off the tire And a few other neat fetchers but as far as aerodynamics go It can't be beat by any Stratis bodies! That car spent more time in the wind tunnel then out while I was building it and making changes! That said It was just a example and you might like this one better also pictures of the cars that you like would be very helpfull!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc car stuff 006.jpg (52.8 KB, 906 views)
Old 06-25-2004, 12:54 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dougnuts55

Well it would help if you posted pics that werent photoshopped so we can actually see the body.

Doug
Dougnuts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:30 AM   #8
Tech Regular

what car is it modeled after?
jrrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:24 AM   #9
Tech Addict

I want to see the VW Corrado. Unfortunately I seem to be the only one.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:58 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Default Hmmmmmmmmm!

Ok maybe I worded this wrong! I design and build car bodies for RC cars and trucks. I have been doing this for a while but just recently decided to sell them to the public. I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of 190s because I haven't built any yet. The reason the DaHellion1 is doing so well is due to the fact that before I built it I asked what people would like to see in that class and that's what I'm trying to acomplish here! By the way the DaHellion1 is based on a Stratis.These pics. are just to show you what I can do. And I do not make exact copies of street cars . I start by taking a lot of pitchers of a real car then I alter them on the PC to add flair then I mold it and from there it goes into the wind tunnel for changes to make it the best body that I can produce for that class. To give you a idea it took me roughley 1500 hours to design and build DaHellion 1 .I'm just a one man shop but I really enjoy doing this.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

id try it for ya if you want a tester...i run electric foam and rubber on carpet during the winter rather extensively

we also have a local racer that designed a 12th scale body that works rather well...

hope all goes well for the both of you
Old 06-26-2004, 09:57 AM   #12
Tech Initiate

hey dude,pm me on getting one of the bodies for the nitro car.looks like a real nice design for the nitro car.also,let me know when you get something put together for the electric car.right now i run a mazda 6 and like it alot but there is always room for improvement.

jason
BMI RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:05 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Dougnuts55
Well it would help if you posted pics that werent photoshopped so we can actually see the body.

Doug

Agree!!

Please post clear and detail pictures of your body so that way we can see your bodies.
FAST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Default Re: Hmmmmmmmmm!

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
Ok maybe I worded this wrong! I design and build car bodies for RC cars and trucks. I have been doing this for a while but just recently decided to sell them to the public. I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of 190s because I haven't built any yet. The reason the DaHellion1 is doing so well is due to the fact that before I built it I asked what people would like to see in that class and that's what I'm trying to acomplish here! By the way the DaHellion1 is based on a Stratis.These pics. are just to show you what I can do. And I do not make exact copies of street cars . I start by taking a lot of pitchers of a real car then I alter them on the PC to add flair then I mold it and from there it goes into the wind tunnel for changes to make it the best body that I can produce for that class. To give you a idea it took me roughley 1500 hours to design and build DaHellion 1 .I'm just a one man shop but I really enjoy doing this.
It's always good to see people doing things to improve our hobby. Good luck with your bodies.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by BMI RACING
hey dude,pm me on getting one of the bodies for the nitro car.looks like a real nice design for the nitro car.also,let me know when you get something put together for the electric car.right now i run a mazda 6 and like it alot but there is always room for improvement.

jason
you having room for improvement Jay........WOW now thats an understatement

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote