Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Try diff lock in the front diff. You might need to thin it down with some shock oil to get the right action
Old 08-01-2011, 04:11 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Hey guys im looking at buying some trf shocks to put on my t3 11 what would be the best way to mount them, Do i use xray shock caps on trf body or do i just mount the shock as whole trf shock and use trf mounting bits.
I would like to be able to use the normal t311 mounts but if i can than so be it.
Cheers
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New Gear Diff

Has anyone run it yet, does it leak with 1K for example?
Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New gear diff

Is anyone breaking in the gear diffs with light oil first or are they smooth out of the package? And don't need breakin
Old 08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

No break in required. Straight in with the 1k oil for me. No leaks either
Old 08-01-2011, 02:42 PM
NTS
Tech Initiate

Default Xray gear diff.

No break in for me either, smooth out of the box and no leaking so far with 700 cst
Old 08-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Xray2011
No break in required. Straight in with the 1k oil for me. No leaks either
+1

People at my track are saying Xray should come out with versions for other cars.

Personally, really impressed.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Running the spec-r gear diff at the moment, any one done back to back comparison of the spec-r vs xray diff. Personally havent had too many issues with the spec-r, but am running the v2 version with bigger shims and green v2 seal. Interested in the weight saving though....
Old 08-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I've just run my third race with my xray and need a little help. I'm using the car in VTA and could use more on power steering. I'm temporarily running Assoc. silver 14.5 springs 30w oil in the front, shocks are mounted in #2 hole on the shock tower.The camber rods are mounted in the # 3 hole, using L1 and L2 mounts.I've got 1 * ackerman shim.
In the rear I've got Assoc. green 12 springs , 30w oil shocks are mounted in the # 3 hole. The camber rods are mounted in the #3 hole using L1 and L2 mounts.The rod is shimmed 4 mm on the rear upright.
Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Craig, do you have a setup posted somewhere?

Last weekend was the first chance I had to really try different setup changes, from what I was running on carpet, on asphalt with consistent weather conditions. I kept getting the car better all day, but I was fighting a low speed push [off power] all day, which was killing my corner speed. High speed steering was great, and the car was just a tick loose center-off [transition from neutral power to on-power], but the rear squared up quickly as long as I didn't saw the steering too much.

Right now I'm running H roll centers high and in front and rear. I ran out of runs on the day before I could try the L adjusters in the same position in the rear. Shortening up the rear wheel base seemed to help gain some low speed steering without getting loose in the high speed corners, and I do have 1mm more I could shorten the rear.

Does this sound like what you've experienced with the H adjusters in the rear?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Hey guys, I've just run my third race with my xray and need a little help. I'm using the car in VTA and could use more on power steering. I'm temporarily running Assoc. silver 14.5 springs 30w oil in the front, shocks are mounted in #2 hole on the shock tower.The camber rods are mounted in the # 3 hole, using L1 and L2 mounts.I've got 1 * ackerman shim.
In the rear I've got Assoc. green 12 springs , 30w oil shocks are mounted in the # 3 hole. The camber rods are mounted in the #3 hole using L1 and L2 mounts.The rod is shimmed 4 mm on the rear upright.
Is there a reason you aren't using the kit springs?

Getting more on-power steering can be done several ways. Probably the easiest would be to reduce your front droop, but that can be a very drastic change. A bit more subtle change would be to stand your rear shocks up some more.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CraigM
Running H on the rear will lock the rear in more, I usually find running H on the rear takes away too much corner speed.
Hi Craig.
I'm still a bit confused with the wording
"H on rear locks the rear", but gives less corner speed ??
wouldnt more rear grip (locked??) give better corner speed ??

or is it a matter of moving grip from one end of car to the other-so move grip from rear to front ??

Cheers
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Put slightly stiffer rear springs in, or preferably the same as the front.

Skiddins
Old 08-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Craig, do you have a setup posted somewhere?

Last weekend was the first chance I had to really try different setup changes, from what I was running on carpet, on asphalt with consistent weather conditions. I kept getting the car better all day, but I was fighting a low speed push [off power] all day, which was killing my corner speed. High speed steering was great, and the car was just a tick loose center-off [transition from neutral power to on-power], but the rear squared up quickly as long as I didn't saw the steering too much.

Right now I'm running H roll centers high and in front and rear. I ran out of runs on the day before I could try the L adjusters in the same position in the rear. Shortening up the rear wheel base seemed to help gain some low speed steering without getting loose in the high speed corners, and I do have 1mm more I could shorten the rear.

Does this sound like what you've experienced with the H adjusters in the rear?
This is the setup I'm running at the moment. I'm not 100% sure that I like the short wheelbase, I think next time I'll go back to kit wheelbase and maybe try the 1.3mm front bar if I need more mid corner.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t3_2011

I've found the same as you running the H on the rear. Maybe a harder rear bar with the H might work, I haven't tried that.

Originally Posted by 1101
If the rear is locked means it is overgripped, and that stops you from getting into and out of the corner which steals your corner speed. You want just the right amount of rear grip to maintain corner speed while maintaining enough side bite at the rear to get through chicanes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1101
Hi Craig.
I'm still a bit confused with the wording
"H on rear locks the rear", but gives less corner speed ??

or is it a matter of moving grip from one end of car to the other-so move grip from rear to front ??

Cheers
If you take a car that already has ample traction, and you give it more mechanical grip, it will reduce the corner speed.

Last edited by M-Technic; 08-02-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.