Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 03-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
I did the servo mod myself to test out this past weekend and here are my thoughts:

Overall, the car seemed easier to drive...easier to find the entry to corners...easier to control the car coming out of corners and durring correction.

I don't think that you'll see an outright change ultimate fastest lap... but for me it seemed easier to pull off those faster laps with a more comfortable driving car and more consistantly.

Steve,
Did you mount it all the same as Alex Hagberg?

If not any chance of a pic or two?

Many Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM
The Evicerator

I did mine very similar to how Alex outlined how he did his. I used a 10 mm xray ballstud through the bellcrank and the rack, and held it in place with a locknet that I shaved down to fit properly and then dremeled to clear the belt.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
hei pimp... how your steering feeling after change the servo turn...?
Hey I'm not sure on what effect it will have but I have a good setup that works very well so I should get I good idea on the weekend.just by the looks it will only result in a smoother feel I think but if there I no change then the room you get from the mod is well worth it:-)
Old 03-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default 52mm or 50mm

what are the effects of running 52mm or 50mm drive shafts in the rear? Does one provide more traction than another?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
what are the effects of running 52mm or 50mm drive shafts in the rear? Does one provide more traction than another?
The 52's will give more traction and the 50's will help the car rotate.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Bonadona
The 52's will give more traction and the 50's will help the car rotate.
thanks bonny donny....hey the ball diff is in route...what do you run with your ball diff...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

thanks bonny donny....hey the ball diff is in route...what do you run with your ball diff...
I just leave the 50's in so I can switch back and forth between the gear diff. and the ball diff. and not have to change anything else.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Servo Mounting

PIMP, Steve or Alex,

I see your pics PIMP. Is there any precise measurements in placing the servo, or it doesn;t really matter as long as it's thereabouts. You pics are pretty good PIMP. Any pics or links to the other conversions guys??

Cheers
Old 03-29-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
Hey I'm not sure on what effect it will have but I have a good setup that works very well so I should get I good idea on the weekend.just by the looks it will only result in a smoother feel I think but if there I no change then the room you get from the mod is well worth it:-)
with the servo rotated, will the kit now be able to use the T3 '2010 topdeck?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:12 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have an xray t3 2010, the car is pretty good..i have one problem..it seems to get loose and spin out when turning left..what could be the problem..i have checked the bulkheads to see if they are bent..i have checked chassis, it is not tweaked...what could it be..i did see that my left front dogbone is rubbing by swaybar up front..i believe i fixed that and it still spins out going left...someone help me out..droop, camber, ride height, all have been checked..good set of tires on the car...running on carpet...give me an idea
check your rear hubs as well for a twist that causes different rear toe angles..
i wouldnt have thought about it myself until i saw it on someone's chassis on the weekend, but they had the same issue..
the other symptom of this was the car wiggled like crazy when accellerating down the straight.

-Mark
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
with the servo rotated, will the kit now be able to use the T3 '2010 topdeck?
Should do, provided you don't want any upper support for the steering blocks.

Skiddins
Old 03-29-2011, 08:47 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
PIMP, Steve or Alex,

I see your pics PIMP. Is there any precise measurements in placing the servo, or it doesn;t really matter as long as it's thereabouts. You pics are pretty good PIMP. Any pics or links to the other conversions guys??

Cheers
I simply made sure that the ouside edge of my servo was lined up with the outside edge of the chassis so that there was no over-hang and as far as placement forward or backwards, I placed it roughly so that it was about equally far forward with my battery but while still giving a bit of clearance to not rub against the steering post.

For reference, the existing steering post hole is approximately half covered by the front of my servo with how it is installed now.

Now that I've tested the position intially I may move the servo back a little bit to see if there is any advantage but I think the weight of the servo 2 mm forward or back from where it is now is minor compared to the difference that the servo throw/leverage makes with the modification.

Last edited by Steve Weiss; 03-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
PIMP, Steve or Alex,

Cheers
hi,i have mine mount much the same as Steve with servo edge flush with the chassie my servo is mount about 00.2 off the steering post only because when the steering is at full lock i like the servo link to be straight then angled i feel that its better support on the servo and plus with the servo where it is was good for my corner weight.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I drove a couple of T3'11's tonight that sure did feel nice on the the track!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I drove a couple of T3'11's tonight that sure did feel nice on the the track!
Oh my god..... did I read that right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.