Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
wondering what parts do you keep as spares.... Are they the occasional arms, knuckles, carriers? thanks!
So far for me I've broken one front arm, 2 steering knuckles, 2 C-hubs and a rear hub. I keep enough spares to put new arms and hubs at each corner, as well as an extra set of c-hubs and steering knuckles. [all from very hard hits due to driving error, contact with other cars hasn't resulted in any breakages]

There's also been some guys at the track that have broken spool outdrives. I haven't had that problem, but I do keep spares of those as well, same with CVD blades for the rear.

That's the minimum I'd go with, but I also keep spare spur gears, belts, bearings, and suspension pins, mainly because I really don't like to have my day ended due to breakage.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
So far for me I've broken one front arm, 2 steering knuckles, 2 C-hubs and a rear hub. I keep enough spares to put new arms and hubs at each corner, as well as an extra set of c-hubs and steering knuckles. [all from very hard hits due to driving error, contact with other cars hasn't resulted in any breakages]

There's also been some guys at the track that have broken spool outdrives. I haven't had that problem, but I do keep spares of those as well, same with CVD blades for the rear.

That's the minimum I'd go with, but I also keep spare spur gears, belts, bearings, and suspension pins, mainly because I really don't like to have my day ended due to breakage.
thanks!!

BTW you guys run ceramics?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

I like to run ceramic balls in all my ball diffs, but I use standard ball bearings everywhere else, I'm not fast enough to justify the extra cost over a $9 10 pack of bearings for the common sizes on the car.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nilks
Looking at the pictures, the link-positions are quite high up, but I believe you can make longer links with the Xray version than with the Max Carbon (please correct me if I am wrong).
You might be right, I think the holes in the Max Carbon items are equivalent to the F1 & F2 holes, the F3 definitely looks further in.

Skiddins
Old 02-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Cant remember when xray usually brings out their next new ride is it near the end of the year or begining of the next?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

i think end of year.
Oct Nov.
or maybe i took too many pain killers this morning..and have my calendars mixed.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

October/November typically.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Race my t3 011 for the first time this weekend and I have to give Xray heads up on the new chassis and the steering setup the car was good with very little setup, had lots of steering had to go down 20 clicks on my D rate to take some of the steering out but all in all I think Xray is going in the right direction.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I was wondering what most XRAY driver use for their steering throw(EPA) when running on carpet. If there is an calculation based on track width please let me know that also.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fpart
I was wondering what most XRAY driver use for their steering throw(EPA) when running on carpet. If there is an calculation based on track width please let me know that also.

Thanks
I always set my radio to full throw without binding the servo up. Meaning the Steering block bottoms out right at the caster block and doesnt pull it further. I never remove dual rate from there and this is what I call "full dual rate". I know Paul L and Drew E also run their cars like this too.

EA
Old 02-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I always set my radio to full throw without binding the servo up. Meaning the Steering block bottoms out right at the caster block and doesnt pull it further. I never remove dual rate from there and this is what I call "full dual rate". I know Paul L and Drew E also run their cars like this too.

EA
how does that benefit me? what I notice is when I do just that the car has more steering on one side than the other.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gofasteddy
how does that benefit me? what I notice is when I do just that the car has more steering on one side than the other.
It wasnt meant for you. It was in response to Fparts question. I didnt see where you asked a question in your post?

You will have to adjust your epa first before steering throw to get equal circles in both directions. On my Futaba my dual rate is at 100 and I just adjust EPA to get equal steering. If everything is set perfectly square then circles should be the same both directions but usually the servo is just a tick off and linkages are a tick off. I think my EPA is set at 70 and 76 so it makes my circles the same. That make sense?

EA
Old 02-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thanks. I was asking because i was running your setup from the "Birds" in Blinky and it works well. However I go through a range of how the car responds through a heat. First, the cars starts out with a little push(first minute) then runs real good for 2-3 mins, then the car gets loose and un predictable later in the heat. This occurs regularly. I am using the same DR setup as you stated but someone told me to run about 70% DR and let the car come to you. I didn't like that because, I believe I will be sacrificing a lot of speed for the first two mins.

BTW I run at Horsham where Larry Fairtrace, Shreffler, Hanulec, Haynes(sometimes runs). So the competition is pretty steep and I need everything I can get to keep up with those guys.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

i built my T3R yesterday and I got one thing to say. It was the best overall package I have built so far. I have also built a capricorn and a tamiya and they are not ever close to the quality of the xray. I cant wait for my NT1 WC to arrive now.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It wasnt meant for you. It was in response to Fparts question. I didnt see where you asked a question in your post?

You will have to adjust your epa first before steering throw to get equal circles in both directions. On my Futaba my dual rate is at 100 and I just adjust EPA to get equal steering. If everything is set perfectly square then circles should be the same both directions but usually the servo is just a tick off and linkages are a tick off. I think my EPA is set at 70 and 76 so it makes my circles the same. That make sense?

EA
yea i know it wasnt meant for me. i guess i should have ask, how would that help me? as in driving better didn't mean to be sound abrasive. Thanks for your input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.