R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #1396
Tech Regular
 
Cribbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Don't forget belts, the xray belts wear out pretty quickly
so my car has belts almost 18 months old. if theyre wearing then theyre too tight
__________________
Bro-Kin Racing Group
X-Ray T3
X-Ray T2 '007
Castle Hill Raceway
Futaba LRP Tekin
Cribbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #1397
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
They clamps and weights were not in this order is what I was told last week when I called as soon as it showed up. They wont show up on backorder yet as they are not in the system yet since they have not had them.

Sorry

EA
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #1398
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 102
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I am about 2 weeks away from ordering my 2011, I found some Spec R gear Diffs (part number SPR009-XR) they specify that a 50mm rear universal shaft must be used..... The car comes with 52mm right?
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #1399
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
I am about 2 weeks away from ordering my 2011, I found some Spec R gear Diffs (part number SPR009-XR) they specify that a 50mm rear universal shaft must be used..... The car comes with 52mm right?
Correct the car comes with 52's. You can use 52's if you use an additional 1.5mm shim between all four suspension mounts, naturally it will change the shock geometry and track width.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #1400
Tech Fanatic
 
LowBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 807
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Correct the car comes with 52's. You can use 52's if you use an additional 1.5mm shim between all four suspension mounts, naturally it will change the shock geometry and track width.
Mine are on their way and should be delivered Friday.
Is this Spec-R diff an option for T3 (2011) or is this the NT1 diff that is being installed to T3s, therefore the need of 50mm rear drive-shafts?

Are there any other parts/modifications I should be aware of that will benefit me? I will be running asphalt and parking lots. (No bashing of course)
LowBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #1401
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 102
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Correct the car comes with 52's. You can use 52's if you use an additional 1.5mm shim between all four suspension mounts, naturally it will change the shock geometry and track width.
ok, thanks.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #1402
Tech Regular
 
dragont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

i dont know if this already been asked and posted, but...what is the advantage of using gear diff versus a spool, and where would you use it in the car. front or rear....? thanks
__________________
HOY BAKLA!!!! U DA BU LA'IA!!!!!!
dragont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #1403
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBoost View Post
Mine are on their way and should be delivered Friday.
Is this Spec-R diff an option for T3 (2011) or is this the NT1 diff that is being installed to T3s, therefore the need of 50mm rear drive-shafts?

Are there any other parts/modifications I should be aware of that will benefit me? I will be running asphalt and parking lots. (No bashing of course)
Got your pm, I will respond in just a little bit. Thanks
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #1404
Tech Master
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to johnny55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragont View Post
i dont know if this already been asked and posted, but...what is the advantage of using gear diff versus a spool, and where would you use it in the car. front or rear....? thanks
I believe they are for the rear. I would also like to know the advantage or difference it makes. I know one advantage is that you don't have to maintain them as much as a ball diff. Can someone confirm this? TIA
johnny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #1405
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
I believe they are for the rear.
You can also use them in the front. I do, with great results. The car has a lot of steering, and gets awesomely quick through 180's. Out of the corners, a spool will understeer a little, but with a geardiff up front the car will go where you want it to go.
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #1406
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
I believe they are for the rear. I would also like to know the advantage or difference it makes. I know one advantage is that you don't have to maintain them as much as a ball diff. Can someone confirm this? TIA
It's mainly a maintenance thing. With mod power these days sometimes a ball diff will not even last 5 mins before going off - this is more prevalent with other brands, the xray ball diff is very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbin
so my car has belts almost 18 months old. if theyre wearing then theyre too tight
Run a gear diff with a loose belt and see how long it lasts
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #1407
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
It's mainly a maintenance thing. With mod power these days sometimes a ball diff will not even last 5 mins before going off - this is more prevalent with other brands, the xray ball diff is very good


Run a gear diff with a loose belt and see how long it lasts
It can last with a stock-motor, but a mod motor will rip the belt apart in 2 runs (believe me - I've tried).
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #1408
ark
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Does a NT1 gear diff pop straight in to a t3 (335050) without changing anything?
ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #1409
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark View Post
Does a NT1 gear diff pop straight in to a t3 (335050) without changing anything?
No!
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #1410
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
It can last with a stock-motor, but a mod motor will rip the belt apart in 2 runs (believe me - I've tried).
I broke my first rear belt the other day after about 3 month of use so it's not too bad if you set them right. My front belt is now due for replacement too
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net