Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 02-07-2011, 01:18 PM
  #1366  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bfong13 View Post
No. A small hole in the cap to vent the excess air. Here's a pic from a Assoc shock.

[IMG][/IMG]
I understand about drilling the hole, but what stops the oil from leaking out? I'm not understanding this, will someone explain to me. Thanks.
johnny55 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 01:22 PM
  #1367  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Rockin Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
I understand about drilling the hole, but what stops the oil from leaking out? I'm not understanding this, will someone explain to me. Thanks.
The Bladder in the shock cap, keeps the oil in the body vrs leaking out the hole in cap.
Rockin Rich is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:19 PM
  #1368  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
I understand about drilling the hole, but what stops the oil from leaking out? I'm not understanding this, will someone explain to me. Thanks.
The oil simply relieves the pressure behind the bladder when the piston moves upwards, it helps make zero rebound.
Normally there is a small amount amount of air above the bladder which compresses when the piston moves upwards.

Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
  #1369  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,800
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
The hole simply relieves the pressure behind the bladder when the piston moves upwards, it helps make zero rebound.
Normally there is a small amount amount of air above the bladder which compresses when the piston moves upwards.

Skiddins
edited for clarity
andrewdoherty is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
  #1370  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Has anyone measured the corner weights of their car and what were the results?

Mine was;
272g front left
266g front right
302g rear left
302g rear right

This was with 1mm shim at front wishbones and 2mm at the rear.

Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
  #1371  
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,756
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Has anyone measured the corner weights of their car and what were the results?

Mine was;
272g front left
266g front right
302g rear left
302g rear right

This was with 1mm shim at front wishbones and 2mm at the rear.

Skiddins
I corner weight my car. I can get you the exact numbers in a few days when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I'm close to 25% on each wheel, total weight at 1380g w/ body.

It's interesting you have the most spread at the front with the left front being the heavier. It's only a 6g difference, but mine was also heavier on the LF with equal rear weight before rechecking for bent screws, equal shock lengths, etc.
HarryLeach is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 04:36 PM
  #1372  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
I corner weight my car. I can get you the exact numbers in a few days when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I'm close to 25% on each wheel, total weight at 1380g w/ body.

It's interesting you have the most spread at the front with the left front being the heavier. It's only a 6g difference, but mine was also heavier on the LF with equal rear weight before rechecking for bent screws, equal shock lengths, etc.
I'm going to get some carbon fibre plates made with a 3mm hole so they can be put on instead of the shocks, therefor guaranteeing that the shock settings aren't having an effect.

Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 PM
  #1373  
Tech Master
iTrader: (101)
 
mickrcarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Marietta Ohio
Posts: 1,522
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

can someone tell me what the effects of the "hillbilly links" on the front of the t3 11 spec would be,and is this something i would use on low to mid traction carpet?
mickrcarver is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:42 PM
  #1374  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
I would recommend these to start with:

[PAR8053] Parma PSE XRAY T2 Ultimate Bumper
[XRA301203] Xray Impact Absorbing Front Bumper

I've had/raced the T3 for about 2 months and have not broken a part with these item equipped.
I heard that by getting the stiff bumper, you increase your chance in tweaking the chassis. Does anyone have an opinion about this?
johnny55 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 08:59 PM
  #1375  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Can I get some opinions about spares now that this car has been out for a while now. What recommendations or spare parts should I always have in my bag for this car? TYIA
johnny55 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 PM
  #1376  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
New T3'11 bits at Nurnberg:





Where can I purchase the weights?
johnny55 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM
  #1377  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
Where can I purchase the weights?
RC America got some if not all you see in on their last shipment from XRAY so ask your local shop to place an order for you with them if they haven't already.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
  #1378  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Fred, C ya at the track
johnny55 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM
  #1379  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
Thanks Fred, C ya at the track
My pleasure, see ya soon.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 PM
  #1380  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
Tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
My pleasure, see ya soon.
Even though I'm a Tamiya fanboy, guys like Fred make me want an Xray

Maybe if I can scam him into a few days of driving and setup lessons hmmm....
Tron is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.