R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #1171
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Diff v spool v one way

So with running 17.5 and 13.5 now, are youguys finding one ways and riffs to be quicker than spools? Just wondering if the one way and diff is faster in the corners than the spool with the slower motors. This is assuming running no boost or anything to make a stock motor run like a mod motor.
bdortch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:52 AM   #1172
Tech Addict

It really depends on the track. If you can do a fast lap without braking, one-way could be an option, but if you need to brake, one-way is a no-go.

I find one-ways to be quite difficult to race with, because of the sudden change of cornering-ability. The spool is much more "consistent", but it does offer less steering (but I've more than enough - I even turned down my dual rate).

But I don't know if you can use a one-way in the T3'11, as the belts are flipped, flipping the one-way also.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #1173
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdortch View Post
So with running 17.5 and 13.5 now, are youguys finding one ways and riffs to be quicker than spools? Just wondering if the one way and diff is faster in the corners than the spool with the slower motors. This is assuming running no boost or anything to make a stock motor run like a mod motor.
One ways are a good option for stock classes on long flowing tracks. Diffs are good for foam tire tc but aren't fast enough to work in rubber tire (in the front) By the time you get them tight enough to work they are usually too tight and don't last long, especially with Xray diffs. A spool is definitely the best way to go, it will take some getting used to if you've never drove a solid axle front but once you get the timing down you will always be faster with a solid axle in the front.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:02 AM   #1174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spec.R Gear Diff Set for the T3 (38T) and parts back in stock
Old 12-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #1175
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
Is that for two?
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #1176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.l.c. View Post
Is that for two?
No. That is just one diff.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #1177
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
But I don't know if you can use a one-way in the T3'11, as the belts are flipped, flipping the one-way also.
Correct, you can't use the existing 1-way flipped. On the Xray forum Martin said that the new multidiff would be out soon for the flipped configuration
Old 12-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #1178
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it this

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=21661
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #1179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are we going to see a gear diff from Xray anytime soon?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #1180
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What about this, I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking at, could be a modded NT1 diff

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....drblul7gspacs6
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #1181
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post

Thats it, The main axle is also available (if you already have a multi diff and you just want to upgrade it to the flipped version

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=21662
Old 01-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #1182
Tech Regular

Default Building a smooth xray diff

Never had any problems building smooth schumacher diffs. Just re-built the diff on my T3, used a new thrust bearing, new spring plates, re-surfaced the diff plates (1200grit wet and dry). Diff still feels notchy. Using silicon nitride diff balls and its the only thing I havent changed, anyone had any experience of these getting flat spots on them?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #1183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Are we going to see a gear diff from Xray anytime soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
What about this, I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking at, could be a modded NT1 diff

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....drblul7gspacs6
That's not an "Xray" part, manufacturer says "Other". I think someone local to RC Market is making those for them for the T2/T3. I think it is a modded NT1 diff, I've seen RC Market post pics of them before on different threads. It would be nice if Xray would come out with their own version. Hopefully it's in the works.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #1184
Tech Rookie

Hopefully you folks can help me, aside from some carbon fiber pieces, and the orange anodize are there any other major differences between the T3-2011 and the T3R? I'd love the 2011 but the $225 price difference nearly gets me 2 ROAR approved batteries. I will be club racing on asphalt and carpet on spec tires. I know the asphalt tends to be harder on a car than carpet and I figured that should I break anything I'd upgrade to the 2011 spec parts. Budget is a consideration for me and as someone returning from 7 years of "retirement" would I honestly be able to realize the differences in the 2 cars? Thanks in advance.

Chris.
stan_race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #1185
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan_race View Post
Hopefully you folks can help me, aside from some carbon fiber pieces, and the orange anodize are there any other major differences between the T3-2011 and the T3R? I'd love the 2011 but the $225 price difference nearly gets me 2 ROAR approved batteries. I will be club racing on asphalt and carpet on spec tires. I know the asphalt tends to be harder on a car than carpet and I figured that should I break anything I'd upgrade to the 2011 spec parts. Budget is a consideration for me and as someone returning from 7 years of "retirement" would I honestly be able to realize the differences in the 2 cars? Thanks in advance.

Chris.
Aside from what you mentioned, the largest difference is going to be the steering system. The 2011 uses a dual post rack while the T3R uses a single post system. Will getting a T3 2011 make you a better racer at this point - doubt it. Get the car that your budget affords an have fun at the track.
AverageRacer is offline   Reply With Quote