R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #1096
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Ride height 5mm f/r
Droop [ORH] 3.5mm F, 3mm R
Front Toe- Out 1 degree total
Rear Toe - In 3 degrees per side [per kit instructions]
Camber -2 F, -2 R
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #1097
Tech Fanatic
 
RobS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 878
Default

I also had my first runs with the T3'11 this weekend and the car was absolutely awesome! I used EA's setup with only a minor shock oil change in the front and the car was so nice to drive!
__________________
Rob Say
Action Hobbies Kingsville
"In racing you never really lose. You either win, or learn."
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #1098
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

sorry guys stupid question. byt how do you measure the droop ORH ?
__________________
Steven Olsen
CAR: Awsomatix A700L.
Nosram 7000 Batteries.
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #1099
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
sorry guys stupid question. byt how do you measure the droop ORH ?
Set your ride height, then using your ride height gauge, measure the point when the tires just lift free, subtract that reading from your ride height value, that gives you your over ride height [ORH] droop value. I use downstop blocks to make sure everything is even side to side and recheck as well.

doing it this way is easier to compare droop values with other drivers, if you're not using the same tires. If you race somewhere with a spec premount tire, downstop values can be compared a little easier.

HTH.

I guess I'll look over EA's setup to see if anything jumps out at me. I should have time to do some testing the next couple weeks to see if I can get the car closer to what I want. Didn't make sense that the car seemed more stable driving so aggressively, felt like I was just jerking the car around the track.

I'm sure I'm missing something relatively simple, but I can already tell this car will be real nice once I get some fine tuning on it.
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #1100
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
Set your ride height, then using your ride height gauge, measure the point when the tires just lift free, subtract that reading from your ride height value, that gives you your over ride height [ORH] droop value. I use downstop blocks to make sure everything is even side to side and recheck as well.

doing it this way is easier to compare droop values with other drivers, if you're not using the same tires. If you race somewhere with a spec premount tire, downstop values can be compared a little easier.

HTH.

I guess I'll look over EA's setup to see if anything jumps out at me. I should have time to do some testing the next couple weeks to see if I can get the car closer to what I want. Didn't make sense that the car seemed more stable driving so aggressively, felt like I was just jerking the car around the track.

I'm sure I'm missing something relatively simple, but I can already tell this car will be real nice once I get some fine tuning on it.
thanks but just have to say wow, running 6f 5b measured with a droopgauge but its 3f 4r whem measured ORH
__________________
Steven Olsen
CAR: Awsomatix A700L.
Nosram 7000 Batteries.
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #1101
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
thanks but just have to say wow, running 6f 5b measured with a droopgauge but its 3f 4r whem measured ORH
They measure different things, the gauges actually measure your downstops not your droop. The droop will change as you raise/lower your ride height, the downstops will not
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #1102
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
Ride height 5mm f/r
Droop [ORH] 3.5mm F, 3mm R
Front Toe- Out 1 degree total
Rear Toe - In 3 degrees per side [per kit instructions]
Camber -2 F, -2 R
Change your camber to -1.5 front and -3 rear and go to one step heavier front spring, rest of car setup looks good. The heavier front spring will take the laziness out of the car, the -3 will lock the rear in better.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #1103
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 763
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got or know of a Shock oil conversion chart for xray to associated/ losi ?
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #1104
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/OilChart.pdf
Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #1105
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
I also had my first runs with the T3'11 this weekend and the car was absolutely awesome! I used EA's setup with only a minor shock oil change in the front and the car was so nice to drive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
Set your ride height, then using your ride height gauge, measure the point when the tires just lift free, subtract that reading from your ride height value, that gives you your over ride height [ORH] droop value. I use downstop blocks to make sure everything is even side to side and recheck as well.

doing it this way is easier to compare droop values with other drivers, if you're not using the same tires. If you race somewhere with a spec premount tire, downstop values can be compared a little easier.

HTH.

I guess I'll look over EA's setup to see if anything jumps out at me. I should have time to do some testing the next couple weeks to see if I can get the car closer to what I want. Didn't make sense that the car seemed more stable driving so aggressively, felt like I was just jerking the car around the track.

I'm sure I'm missing something relatively simple, but I can already tell this car will be real nice once I get some fine tuning on it.

My setup is really really easy to drive on our lower bite track. For a higher bite track you may want to go up on the front shock oil a little. I also think I am running 2.8 front springs but cant remember if I have those on the sheet or its something Ive changes since then. Everyone at my track that has driven it loves the way it feels. Tons of steering, stable and carries great corner speed. Our track is very bumpy too and it eats the bumps up!!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #1106
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

On my rear droop I set it like Paul showed me at the birds last year and it works pretty much 98% of the time on all tracks. After you set the ride height set your car on the car stand and tighten the rear droop screws up till the spring barely touches the collar but has NO tension on it. this will give you about 2mm of rear up travel and works great most of the time. Ive never had to change more than 1/8th of a turn either way on the droop screw from this setting.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #1107
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
On my rear droop I set it like Paul showed me at the birds last year and it works pretty much 98% of the time on all tracks. After you set the ride height set your car on the car stand and tighten the rear droop screws up till the spring barely touches the collar but has NO tension on it. this will give you about 2mm of rear up travel and works great most of the time. Ive never had to change more than 1/8th of a turn either way on the droop screw from this setting.

EA
thanks, what about the front ?
__________________
Steven Olsen
CAR: Awsomatix A700L.
Nosram 7000 Batteries.
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #1108
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
thanks, what about the front ?
Front I do it by feel and is at 2.5mm over ride height to begin with. Most of the time as the bite comes up I'll take some out and end up around 1.5-2mm of up travel (above ride height) on the front.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #1109
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know where I can grab the t3'11 chasis?
__________________
Losi 8T 2.0 - Novarossi P5 Modded - JR 9100HVS' - Odonnell Fuel -
Mugen MBX6 - Novarossi +4 Modded - Hitec 7940TH's - Hudy Tools
Andy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #1110
Tech Master
 
Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas Baby
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
My setup is really really easy to drive on our lower bite track. For a higher bite track you may want to go up on the front shock oil a little. I also think I am running 2.8 front springs but cant remember if I have those on the sheet or its something Ive changes since then. Everyone at my track that has driven it loves the way it feels. Tons of steering, stable and carries great corner speed. Our track is very bumpy too and it eats the bumps up!!

EA
EA,

How much has setup changed going from T3 to T3'11?

Thanks,
Dane
__________________
"the big secret is to keep practicing and never get discouraged when taking a good beating on the track" - Paul L

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net