Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 09-20-2010, 07:38 AM
  #91  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Adam you know how to change that. But really great job this year at the IIC. I remember your first year at the race. What ever you are doing keep it up. Its payed off for you.. Good job.
Thanks Drew. Practice and really understanding my equipment is what I've focused on. It's just a slow, boring road sometimes.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 AM
  #92  
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,941
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Thanks Drew. Practice and really understanding my equipment is what I've focused on. It's just a slow, boring road sometimes.
Thats what it takes. Practice, practice, practice and when your sick of it you practice more. Its great to see guys that take that approch and take the time to learn and understand there equipment.

Thanks Drew
Drew Ellis is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 AM
  #93  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,412
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
My servo was the same as the T3. But that does not mean thats how they will keep it.

Thanks Drew
If they go the dual Bellcrank steering i sure hope they do chage the servo position

With the shocks some nicer Aluminium shocks would be nice. It took me a while but eventually i worked out the plastic shocks and how to build them. But they are still a pain compared to other brands shocks. The Xray Aluminium ones that are currently available i will never use again, i dont like the design at all and i could never get them right on my car.
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:24 AM
  #94  
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,941
Default

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
If they go the dual Bellcrank steering i sure hope they do chage the servo position

With the shocks some nicer Aluminium shocks would be nice. It took me a while but eventually i worked out the plastic shocks and how to build them. But they are still a pain compared to other brands shocks. The Xray Aluminium ones that are currently available i will never use again, i dont like the design at all and i could never get them right on my car.

I will let them know. Not sure how they are going to do it.

Thanks Drew
Drew Ellis is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:42 AM
  #95  
R/C Tech Elite Member
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,098
Default

Drew: the shocks CAN be built perfect with time and a team driver but anyone can build a perfect tamiya shock quickly. that is the difference and what we want. Thank you for listening it helps
JayL is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
  #96  
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,780
Default

Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Two years ago from what saw and heard back at the ROAR nationals in Omaha, NE that was not the case. Xray team sat in their corner and appeared the most unapproachable and to themselves. Many said they didn't want to be bothered. Where as Corally, S.M. were helping people. That's good they changed that perception.
that is a load of crap. i met drew and the boys at that race, and ralph rebuilt my entire car. shocks, diff, settings, etc. i have always been an xray guy based on the quality of the products, but that race, and the way i was treated made me like them even more.

drew, ralph and the boys will always bend over (lol) backwards for you, no matter where they are.......just dont ask to use paulie's chap stick.
al dente is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
  #97  
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,941
Default

Originally Posted by al dente View Post
that is a load of crap. i met drew and the boys at that race, and ralph rebuilt my entire car. shocks, diff, settings, etc. i have always been an xray guy based on the quality of the products, but that race, and the way i was treated made me like them even more.

drew, ralph and the boys will always bend over (lol) backwards for you, no matter where they are.......just dont ask to use paulie's chap stick.
Thanks Mario, thats funny..
Drew Ellis is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 AM
  #98  
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,941
Default

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Drew: the shocks CAN be built perfect with time and a team driver but anyone can build a perfect tamiya shock quickly. that is the difference and what we want. Thank you for listening it helps


Jay, thanks. What we will probley do is a "build your shocks video" with Paul or me. I feel when you see how we do it. You will see that it is not that hard to get right. I will email Mario on all this and see if there is something we can do. Maybe just an upgrade alum. shock.

Thanks Drew
Drew Ellis is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 12:18 PM
  #99  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Jay, thanks. What we will probley do is a "build your shocks video" with Paul or me. I feel when you see how we do it. You will see that it is not that hard to get right. I will email Mario on all this and see if there is something we can do. Maybe just an upgrade alum. shock.

Thanks Drew
Good to see that you are trying to make it better for the people that don't like the shocks.
Owen RaCing is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 01:16 PM
  #100  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Im with most of the people I love my T3 aside from the plastic shocks, I built them and got them good once lol. I just gave up and got tamiya shocks you can build those blind folded behind your back and get them perfect every time. And they dont leak
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
  #101  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
bjs227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Genesis RC Marshall, Minnesota
Posts: 1,064
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Two years ago from what saw and heard back at the ROAR nationals in Omaha, NE that was not the case. Xray team sat in their corner and appeared the most unapproachable and to themselves. Many said they didn't want to be bothered. Where as Corally, S.M. were helping people. That's good they changed that perception.
I have to say i have never seen this with team XRAY. They have always helped the people that show up with the rcamerica products!
bjs227 is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
  #102  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
bjs227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Genesis RC Marshall, Minnesota
Posts: 1,064
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Jay, thanks. What we will probley do is a "build your shocks video" with Paul or me. I feel when you see how we do it. You will see that it is not that hard to get right. I will email Mario on all this and see if there is something we can do. Maybe just an upgrade alum. shock.

Thanks Drew
Hey Drew if you guys need help with this i can do that! Easy Easy!
bjs227 is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
  #103  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (74)
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,661
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Thats what it takes. Practice, practice, practice and when your sick of it you practice more. Its great to see guys that take that approch and take the time to learn and understand there equipment.

Thanks Drew
What Up Drew ella?
Customworksking is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
  #104  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,294
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default No that's cool Drew.

I was was there only for a few hours, so I never saw what the team was doing. That's great to know the team helps people out. Thanks for passing on the info on the shocks that helps.

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
RCknight, I was at that race pitting right next to Ralph and I remember things alot different then what you said. We helped out alot of people that week, hell I even rebuilt someone's whole car there. And we were not in the corner we were pitted right on the end. RCAmerica's goal like always since the company started was to help the customer always. That is what the company has been built off of.Maybe you should of came up and said hello. I think you would of had a different out come.

The changes Xray is making are not minor. The chassis and steering system are big changes in how the car handles. "the flex and ackerman". And I feel that we have alot of option parts out for the car. I will say something to them about the shocks, but its hard because we are not having any problems with them.

Sometime today I will go on the T3 thread and post how I build my shocks. It is really pretty simple.

Thanks Drew
RCknight is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
  #105  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,034
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bjs227 View Post
I have to say i have never seen this with team XRAY. They have always helped the people that show up with the rcamerica products!
Paul Lemieux helped me with my xray every time I've asked for help. Most recently at the onroad paved Nats he helped me with my 416 !
Magnet Top is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.