Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Can anyone share with me which side of the servo saver is closer to the top deck in their car? I mounted my servo with no spacers on the mount and the side of the saver with the turnbuckle is close to the top deck but the back side of the servo saver (the side facing the servo) has plenty of space. I couldn't move it back any further unless I didn't use any of the servo mounting arms at all.

I used the left side mount and cut the right side off and used servo tape. It gave me the perfect amount of space for my electronics. Nothing rubs on either side and I did make sure to include the 1mm spacer on the ball stud, but I just want to make sure I am ok with the servo saver not 100% centered between the top deck.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if everything moves free your OK.It's no probleme that the servosaver is not centerd
Old 11-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Tell Santa...

Tell Santa you want a T3-2011 for Xmas. Back in stock at SpeedtechRC.com

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...l.asp?id=10381

Old 11-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MAX CARBON
T3 Series upper bulkhead !!
Attached Thumbnails Xray T3 2011-mc-mc004.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
MAX CARBON
T3 Series upper bulkhead !!

Why are these better than the ones that come in the kit??
Old 11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 85SILVERBULLET View Post
Why are these better than the ones that come in the kit??
Not necessarily "better," but different. They have mounting locations so you can mount the front inner camber link to the bulkhead instead of the shock tower.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

what would these change compared to the factory shock tower mount? I am new to on-road so the more info the better.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default help please

hey guy im start running elec this year i run nitro.. whats the best esc, motore 17.5 and servo to get for this car?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 85SILVERBULLET View Post
what would these change compared to the factory shock tower mount? I am new to on-road so the more info the better.
The factory mounts limit you to two positions of height and also the in and out position.

The Max Carbon items have the same inner and outer position but allow you to use shims to set the height of the link so it is very easy to fine tune the roll centre position.

I would start with the kit items to begin with, get used to the adjustments available, then start fiddling with options like those.

Skiddins
Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Can anyone share with me which side of the servo saver is closer to the top deck in their car? I mounted my servo with no spacers on the mount and the side of the saver with the turnbuckle is close to the top deck but the back side of the servo saver (the side facing the servo) has plenty of space. I couldn't move it back any further unless I didn't use any of the servo mounting arms at all.

I used the left side mount and cut the right side off and used servo tape. It gave me the perfect amount of space for my electronics. Nothing rubs on either side and I did make sure to include the 1mm spacer on the ball stud, but I just want to make sure I am ok with the servo saver not 100% centered between the top deck.
I'm about 3.5mm from the back side of the servo saver to the top deck and about 3mm from the turnbuckle to the deck.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
The factory mounts limit you to two positions of height and also the in and out position.

The Max Carbon items have the same inner and outer position but allow you to use shims to set the height of the link so it is very easy to fine tune the roll centre position.

I would start with the kit items to begin with, get used to the adjustments available, then start fiddling with options like those.

Skiddins
FYI, if you flip the mounts you actually get 4 positions out of the stock units.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by younghovaa View Post
hey guy im start running elec this year i run nitro.. whats the best esc, motore 17.5 and servo to get for this car?
I'd always recommend you take a look at your local track to see what the fast guys are running as they will be able to help you get started then. We have a bunch of the Maryland guyss come up to Horsham PA every few weeks.

Most racers are running Tekin RS in stock (and super stock) these days. If your going to run non-boosted 17.5 I'd recommend looking into either a novak ballistic or Trinity D3 motor. Servos are more of a personal choice. People usually buy a midel offered by their radio manufacturer. For years I had been running the now discontinued JR z8800s but noe I use the Spektrum 6400.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post

Skiddins
Old 12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Wut u guys think of the new car so far? Does it work well with stock setup does it offer enough steering out the box? Is there anything you hav to buy parts to make it hook up better?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Been running pretty much kit setup on the geometry. Gone down to 30wt with 3 hole pistons, running on cold carpet and also indoors on cold tarmac. Car does seem to struggle in low grip conditions, where the mi4's seem to do ok.

The only issue I have is with the ball diff, seems to require a lot of maintenance to keep it smooth. Back when I was running an spx speedo last year, the diffs lasted ages. Running the tekin with the advanced timing seems to put a load more wear through the transmission.

I'd like to try a gear diff, see what the difference is between it and a ball diff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.