R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Xray T3 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/435215-xray-t3-2011-a.html)

RCknight 11-27-2010 03:23 AM

Yeah I noticed it. That's why I said new top deck? I kind of wished for it as I noticed the 417 had some bracing there for a reason. My guess is it's more for a specific track, but I think it would make the frontend more consistant flex without using the stiffening on the steering rack. I'm sure someone will explain.


Originally Posted by StevenOlsen (Post 8264649)
im I the only one who noticed the extra stiffener in the front of the topdeck ? :D



I'm sure my Futaba 3pk receiver won't fit. I'll be mounting stuff soon.

you dont need a micro reciver to put both a tekin and the reciver flat. i was able to put my Sanwa 801 servo in the short servomount hole. and runs a sanwa 2.4 ghz reciver (old version) and a tekin. only problem is that you are not able to use all the motor movement. but i can gear 5.0 with a 106 tooth spurgear. i dont think i need more in a 17.5 boosted class :)


Skiddins 11-27-2010 06:13 AM


Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 8263500)
They are the Xray ones. The other ones only have 2 holes in them I think and you cant make the link super long like with the xray ones.

EA

Indeed, the Max Carbon ones simply allow the inner link to be in line with the inner ball end (using L1 & L2 QRC's) and outer position ball end (haven't compared as I've never used the outer position)

Skiddins

Skiddins 11-27-2010 06:22 AM

.

Chris08527 11-27-2010 11:53 AM

anyone have part numbers for the spacers for the wide front end, i saw a couple diff combo after reading the thread . . .seems to be anywhere from 1.25 on each side to 2.5??? is this correct?

RC MARKET 11-27-2010 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by Chris08527 (Post 8265796)
anyone have part numbers for the spacers for the wide front end, i saw a couple diff combo after reading the thread . . .seems to be anywhere from 1.25 on each side to 2.5??? is this correct?

http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPa...sort=2a&page=6

mdowney 11-27-2010 04:52 PM

Can someone please suggest a gearing for running a 17.5 Phantom with an LRP TC spec v1 (no boost) on a medium-size indoor carpet track, temps currently in the 50's? Need a spur/gear combo that will actually fit properly as well. :)

jag88 11-27-2010 08:40 PM


Originally Posted by mdowney (Post 8266587)
Can someone please suggest a gearing for running a 17.5 Phantom with an LRP TC spec v1 (no boost) on a medium-size indoor carpet track, temps currently in the 50's? Need a spur/gear combo that will actually fit properly as well. :)

50/100 will give you a 3.80 FDR.
That's a good place to start.

frank b 11-27-2010 11:35 PM


Originally Posted by Skiddins (Post 8263431)
THose aren't the Max Carbon version though are they.

Perhaps Xray are working on their own.

Skiddins

yes they are max carbon i bought them from rcmarket.. and yes xray is going to make there own version but for now the max carbons will work for me until xray come out with there own version for sale......

frank b 11-27-2010 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=flatspunout;8259604]I tried this and would recommend to everyone running it to look closely at the top deck after installing the post and make sure it isn't bowed up slightly. The post I used was also from the original T3 and although it should be the correct height it was slightly too tall and caused the top deck to flex upward in the middle. Lay the chassis flat on blocks or a setup board and try to slide the post under the top deck towards the front bulkheads and see if it catches on the top deck. If it does the post is too tall and will cause the top deck to bow up.

-rocky b[/QUOTE
i have checked my car a few time and the post doesn't bow my top deck, maybe you might want to check to make sure your car doesn't have a tweak in it. a lot of club members are running the post in there car at our club and i haven't heard anybody saying that there top deck is bowing. there could be a flaw in the post you have so i would double check it.

Mr. MR4 11-28-2010 04:22 AM

Frank b,

What is the difference between the standard roll holders and the Max Carbon ones?

Thanks
Karl

RCknight 11-28-2010 05:08 AM

Why is everyone running the center post? How does it change the car?

frank b 11-28-2010 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by Mr. MR4 (Post 8268212)
Frank b,

What is the difference between the standard roll holders and the Max Carbon ones?

Thanks
Karl

it just adds more locations to adjust the roll centre and i find when moving the arm forward or back the location of the rods can have a straighter line to the hubs, you can also fine tune the roll center for more precise adjustments.

frank b 11-28-2010 12:06 PM


Originally Posted by RCknight (Post 8268246)
Why is everyone running the center post? How does it change the car?

i have added the post because i noticed the top deck was compressing a little to much. there also was a racer that broke his top deck after a collision and i have never seen a top deck break before, the only reason would be the top deck is compressing to much. so a post was added to stop the compression of the top deck and adds extra security but allows the flex needed for traction and also it just feels a little more stable on the track....

CraigM 11-28-2010 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by frank b (Post 8269241)
i have added the post because i noticed the top deck was compressing a little to much. there also was a racer that broke his top deck after a collision and i have never seen a top deck break before, the only reason would be the top deck is compressing to much. so a post was added to stop the compression of the top deck and adds extra security but allows the flex needed for traction and also it just feels a little more stable on the track....

Have you really never seen a broken top deck? We see them break fairly regularly on our tracks down under, we must drive faster :lol:

Gav- 11-28-2010 05:24 PM

I broke 4 on my 09 by June this year... quick tip from a resident guru, and never had a problem again.

The topdeck where it sits over the layshaft bearings is awfully thin on the T3'11. That would be my only concern with breakage.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:45 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.