R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 12:35 AM   #856
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Default

I posted this on the team xray forum.

If anyone is facing the same problem he can try this.


"I use a normal sized ERG-VZ on my electric cars. When I installed the new servo saver on, I found out that when i was tightening the servo screw the whole steering system was binding and when I undid it half a turn the steering linkage would free up. It wasn't long before I noticed that the plastic adapter's hole (K in my case) is too deep and it touches the servo body. So when you tighten the screw, it rubs against the servo body and binds the steering linkage. I got hold of a few 3x5 shims (unfortunately the common 3x6 don't fit) and placed them between the servo shaft and the plastic servo adapter.

So if you are facing problems with your sanwa servo (or any other servo), don't install the plastic shim that is shown on top of page 14 of the manual, (you don't need it) but instead use a few of these shims (I used 0.3mm in total) to set the proper top deck clearance and have a free moving steering linkage.

Probably this has something to do with some drivers experiencing inconsistent steering, or the car not tracking straight, with the new servo saver."

Hope this helps.
__________________
Kyosho Evolva M3 / Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP / Xray T3
aantonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #857
Tech Master
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,964
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Servo binding issue

In my case the ball cup was binding against the servo saver.

Why ? Because I hadn't noticed the small shim in the manual between the ball stud and the servo saver itself. When the servo moves through it's arc it was binding the ball cup nearest the servo saver.

So there is a slight chance that people are moving the servo around or making other changes when all that is needed is a small shim behind the ballstud. I know I overlooked it for a while.
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #858
Tech Elite
 
R Dodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,421
Default

Can't wait to get my T3'11!
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T3 2011-flylikeag6.jpg  
__________________
★RCAmerica •Xray •Hudy •Motiv •PROTOform •Gravity •Avid •TQ Wire •Sanwa •BSR •ProLevelRC •2mmDesigns •Timmy •5Nines★
R Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #859
Tech Addict
 
wa7ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VIC
Posts: 573
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

A few people have mentioned about, Drilling 1mm holes in the top of the shock to help with rebound.
Would someone please post a pic of that, there is so much discussion about it but no illustration.
__________________
Xray | Muchmore | Sanwa | Orion | G-Force | Scorpion | Fantom
wa7ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #860
Tech Adept
 
millbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 164
Default

Get my t3 11 soon and can't wait...
I already have a t2 009 and it's very quick and handles extremely well but i am struggling with rear grip on my t3 10, i am running a ball diff in the t2 and a gear diff in the t3.Is it all down to driving styles with diffs as i am thinking of sticking with the ball diff in the t3 11 and getting a new ball diff for the t3 10.
i have heard that trying different oils in the gear diffs can help but it seems like alot of bother when the only time i can do set up is at club and we dont run additive and have low grip carpet which is totally different to anywhere else.
Also on the t2 i run with a raised roll centre at the front but not on the t3 as i run basic carpet on both. is there a reason why the set up for carpet is so different on the 2 cars?
Never ran the t3 with a ball diff as i brought it second hand from flebay.
__________________
Xray T2009 / hobbywing v3 120amp /LRP x12 6.5 / wet car
Xray t4'14 / Hobbywing v3 120amp / 13.5/ boost car
Xray t4'15 / Orca Vxx / Orca Rx3 17.5 / blinky car
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #861
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aantonis View Post
I posted this on the team xray forum.

If anyone is facing the same problem he can try this.


"I use a normal sized ERG-VZ on my electric cars. When I installed the new servo saver on, I found out that when i was tightening the servo screw the whole steering system was binding and when I undid it half a turn the steering linkage would free up. It wasn't long before I noticed that the plastic adapter's hole (K in my case) is too deep and it touches the servo body. So when you tighten the screw, it rubs against the servo body and binds the steering linkage. I got hold of a few 3x5 shims (unfortunately the common 3x6 don't fit) and placed them between the servo shaft and the plastic servo adapter.

So if you are facing problems with your sanwa servo (or any other servo), don't install the plastic shim that is shown on top of page 14 of the manual, (you don't need it) but instead use a few of these shims (I used 0.3mm in total) to set the proper top deck clearance and have a free moving steering linkage.

Probably this has something to do with some drivers experiencing inconsistent steering, or the car not tracking straight, with the new servo saver."

Hope this helps.
good find.. I double checked mine and yes in deed there was some rubbing going on.
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #862
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa7ash View Post
A few people have mentioned about, Drilling 1mm holes in the top of the shock to help with rebound.
Would someone please post a pic of that, there is so much discussion about it but no illustration.
no pic here, but on the top of the cap mine had a small hole that didn't go all the way thru the cap, I just drilled there at a angle so the drill bit came out in the center of the cap.
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #863
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Greece
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
good find.. I double checked mine and yes in deed there was some rubbing going on.
Glad it helped someone.
__________________
Kyosho Evolva M3 / Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP / Xray T3
aantonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #864
Tech Elite
 
Chris08527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 732
Posts: 2,154
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

anyone have any pics of there car showing the elctronics, i hear it is a tight fit . . .just wondering how good/bad it really is . . .i would be using a futaba 9551 and the 3pk reciever???
thanks
__________________
"Hello How 'bout that ride in? I guess thats why they call it Sin City." Alan Garner~"I play the drums, I'm good as hell" Richie Rich
Chris08527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #865
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris08527 View Post
anyone have any pics of there car showing the elctronics, i hear it is a tight fit . . .just wondering how good/bad it really is . . .i would be using a futaba 9551 and the 3pk reciever???
thanks
I posted a pic a few pages back. It more depends on the size of your esc than anything else
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #866
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Question for anyone running the Spec.R Gear diff front or rear.

Does the stock 52mm drive shaft fit? or do I need to go down to 50mm? I was going to purchase the Spec.R Uni CV drive shafts, but they are listed as 50mm. Is that too short for the Gear Diff?

People that have tried it, please reply.
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #867
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

If you run the front end with 2.25mm of spacers on it like Paul and the rest of the team run then you can run the 52mm shafts with no problem. If you only use 1.5mm on the front you will have to use the 50mm shafts. You will also have to use 50mm in the rear as no one runs the rear wide enough to use the longer ones.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #868
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
If you run the front end with 2.25mm of spacers on it like Paul and the rest of the team run then you can run the 52mm shafts with no problem. If you only use 1.5mm on the front you will have to use the 50mm shafts. You will also have to use 50mm in the rear as no one runs the rear wide enough to use the longer ones.

EA

So would 50mm be too short for 2.25mm spacers?
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #869
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Furman View Post
So would 50mm be too short for 2.25mm spacers?
No it will still work. The 52 just barely clears with the 2.25mm spacers. But it is enough that the drive shaft wont hit in a crash.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #870
Tech Addict
 
sell682's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)
Default

Im looking to get one of these. When will they be available again?
sell682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net