R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Xray T3 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/435215-xray-t3-2011-a.html)

frank b 11-09-2010 11:09 AM

i do agree there should be a few more spots on the chassi for the screw on weights, then i found some lead weights from 3racing that were painted graphite that looked awesome so i am using those. there is more of an adjustment with the stick on weights than the permanent weight. i have only had a short time on the 11 car and i am noticing the 11 car has a lot more potential than the original t3. it is nice to have a permanent track now and having the time to look at the car and finding out what certain things do to miner changes on the setup.

frank b

skypilot 11-09-2010 11:42 AM

question on chassis weight, I read where some are using a full size servo to help with weight balance, I have a metal cased XP servo that weighs 69 grams, you guys think thats to heavy. I have more servos if it is.

arn671 11-09-2010 12:11 PM

Servo
 

Originally Posted by skypilot (Post 8187178)
question on chassis weight, I read where some are using a full size servo to help with weight balance, I have a metal cased XP servo that weighs 69 grams, you guys think thats to heavy. I have more servos if it is.

Hey Skypilot, I'm running a full size servo, Futaba 614 and LRP SXX SS and they all fit flat on the chassis just fine, with the full size servo the extra weight seems to keep the car more balanced, definitely not running as much weight on the battery side-Alvin

frank b 11-09-2010 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by skypilot (Post 8187178)
question on chassis weight, I read where some are using a full size servo to help with weight balance, I have a metal cased XP servo that weighs 69 grams, you guys think thats to heavy. I have more servos if it is.

yes if you are running a full size servo you wont need that much weight to balance the car as i am running a low profile servo i had to add weight beside were i placed the servo. i also had to cut one of the ears off from the servo to make my electronics fit as it said in the manual because my receiver and speedo is quit big.

CraigM 11-09-2010 02:30 PM

I'm running a full size servo and my car is too heavy on the electronics side? Admittedly I'm running an LRP air conditioner on the motor :lol:

First run of the car last night and I was less than 1/10th off the fastest lap I did with my state titles winning tamiya. That's just silly :D

frank b 11-09-2010 03:32 PM


Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 8187805)
I'm running a full size servo and my car is too heavy on the electronics side? Admittedly I'm running an LRP air conditioner on the motor :lol:

First run of the car last night and I was less than 1/10th off the fastest lap I did with my state titles winning tamiya. That's just silly :D

i like running the low profile servo's just incase i need to add weight in other places. an air conditioner is not needed with the latest speedo out there, i am only running a regular hi speed fan from muchmore 30mm by 30mm that did the trick. i also have 4 mini scales that i balance all 4 corners of the car to get a close enough weight distribution so i can add weight were it is needed.

CraigM 11-09-2010 06:02 PM


Originally Posted by frank b (Post 8188107)
i like running the low profile servo's just incase i need to add weight in other places. an air conditioner is not needed with the latest speedo out there, i am only running a regular hi speed fan from muchmore 30mm by 30mm that did the trick. i also have 4 mini scales that i balance all 4 corners of the car to get a close enough weight distribution so i can add weight were it is needed.

I run a BD so usually my temps are well in check, but it's getting hot in OZ at the moment so the heatsink and fan is insurance, plus we run 1425g so it helps me get up to weight. Will put a low profile in this weekend, should be sweet :sweat:

frank b 11-09-2010 11:25 PM

i have heard good things about a low profile servo called SAVOX SC-1251MG it is only 60 something and it has the same speed and torque or even better than some of the name brand servo... i am going to use it in a day or so during practice and i will let everyone know what i think of it.....

Cribbin 11-09-2010 11:29 PM


Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 8187805)
First run of the car last night and I was less than 1/10th off the fastest lap I did with my state titles winning tamiya. That's just silly :D

no craig, thats just what ive been telling you :lol::lol:

FK05 lover 11-10-2010 04:12 AM

ALL Xrays are good straight out of the box! :nod:

whityboy 11-10-2010 05:34 AM


Originally Posted by frank b (Post 8190299)
i have heard good things about a low profile servo called SAVOX SC-1251MG it is only 60 something and it has the same speed and torque or even better than some of the name brand servo... i am going to use it in a day or so during practice and i will let everyone know what i think of it.....

these servo's are very good quality for a low price

Jamison R 11-10-2010 07:49 AM

Savox low profile servo has held up nicely. When will the T3 11 be shipping again to hobby shops?

M-Technic 11-10-2010 07:51 AM


Originally Posted by KingKarate757 (Post 8190965)
Savox low profile servo has held up nicely. When will the T3 11 be shipping again to hobby shops?

The next shipment is due in middle to end of November.

John_S 11-10-2010 09:44 AM

The Uk distributer got them in today so it should be around a week or so for the US

mok 11-10-2010 09:47 AM


Originally Posted by M-Technic (Post 8190978)
The next shipment is due in middle to end of November.

would that include 2011 specific parts as well?
-Mark


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:07 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.