R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acting Bad View Post
You may not be the smartest man in R/C but lets try to learn something about finance. You could spend all the money you have and it still will not make you a better driver. It may take some time to learn this concept but just keep thinking about it over the years as the money pour out of your pocket. Is the new and improved really worth it?
His wife made him post that. jk
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
It's a hobby, people do things differently. Unless it is hurting somebody's race day, who cares if I have one T2 or twelve t3's Some of us like to spend our money.
I totally agree with this, I earn my money and I will spend it how I like !
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

# 300017 XRAY T3 - 2011 SPECS - EU RUBBER-SPEC LIPO EDITION
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
You may not be the smartest man in R/C but lets try to learn something about finance. You could spend all the money you have and it still will not make you a better driver. It may take some time to learn this concept but just keep thinking about it over the years as the money pour out of your pocket. Is the new and improved really worth it?
JUST MAYBE....you need to worry about your own damn finances, and get your business out of mine. You do you....and I'll do me
And JUST MAYBE, after I get my XRay T3 2011, I'll become a better driver!!!

Just havin' a bit of fun brah...no flames please

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
Maybe he's not buying it to make himself a better driver. Some people just like to buy new kits and build them. I myself have bought kits that I just wanted to build to check out how it was engineered. I built them, studied them, raced them, and sold them - some after the first day and had fun doing it. I know people that spend thousands on regular model kits and they don't even move. They just love building the kits. So the guy buys a new Xray kit every time a new one comes out - He builds it, races it, decides whether he wants to keep it and then maybe buys a different kit. Is he taking the money out of your pocket? Why do you care what someone else does with their money?
My sentiments exactly....

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx

DAMN LIKE THAT Acting Bad ARE YOU PAYING FOR HIS STUFF? IF NOT THEN KEEP STEPPING
Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
So, 4 years down the road you are out $800 and I am still beating you?

I guess you can tell the economy is bad when Acting Bad's parents cut his allowance off.
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I had the money, I'd have a T3, a TCX, a 416x, a BD5, a CEFX evolution and maybe a couple others besides having my current Photon and I'd probably get a second or third car of whichever ones I liked best. I'd also like to have some 12th scale, some offroad cars, some mini/micro scale cars and maybe even a couple nitro cars even though I hate the sound of nitro engines (angry bees screaming in little megaphones). Heck if I could afford it, I'd have one of just about every high end kit available. Unfortunately I'm less than wealthy, so it will take me a while to build a nice collection. If I ever win the lottery though, I'm going to empty a few hobby shops.

As long as it is your own money, spend it how you like.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Right on....

yeah I one of these guys. lol I can only race maybe once or twice a month so my skill is never going to get where I would want it to be, but I do enjoy building technical marvels. lol I enjoy new design and tinkering with them. Thinking of ways to improve on them. If you race VTA like I do then, then your in it for the fun and scale look. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
Maybe he's not buying it to make himself a better driver. Some people just like to buy new kits and build them. I myself have bought kits that I just wanted to build to check out how it was engineered. I built them, studied them, raced them, and sold them - some after the first day and had fun doing it. I know people that spend thousands on regular model kits and they don't even move. They just love building the kits. So the guy buys a new Xray kit every time a new one comes out - He builds it, races it, decides whether he wants to keep it and then maybe buys a different kit. Is he taking the money out of your pocket? Why do you care what someone else does with their money?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
dude, my house has a lawn, if i wanted to save money I would rip it up and put rock in.

I can buy a brand new kia for 7grand but chose to spend 25 on a dodge

not really sure what "learning about finance" and spending money on stuff I WANT has to do with each other. maybe its because I understand Finance I can buy what I want when I want. and no I don't do it cause it makes me a better driver, I do it, because I can. I went to Reedy, I went to Nats and I went to the IIC (just to watch), did any of that make me a better driver, NO, but I had a freaking blast doing it. Right now I have a perfectly good Mi4 and Mi4lp, doesn't mean I can't buy a Xray or Hotbodies, or Photon or whatever and have a good ole time building it, tuning it, and racing it. will I be faster, or a better driver, NO, will I have a good time, YES. sorry IF what I "chose" to do doesn't fit in with your world, but I live in mine and it works for me.

rock on in the free world
Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

now, about that new XRAY........
Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Exactly!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #58
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
It's a hobby, people do things differently. Unless it is hurting somebody's race day, who cares if I have one T2 or twelve t3's Some of us like to spend our money.
I LIKE SPENDING MY MONEY!!! lol
dex410usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex410usa View Post
I LIKE SPENDING MY MONEY!!! lol
LOL really? I couldn't tell Your crazy man