R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #481
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Drew, Paul mentioned going to a larger servo with the T3'11? Just wondered if you know why? With the current T3'11 design does it need a higher torq servo because of a smaller steering angle? I hope my Futaba brushless low profile will be enough?

Last edited by RCknight; 10-17-2010 at 01:53 AM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #482
Tech Master
 
adrian_pg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Penang Island
Posts: 1,972
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to adrian_pg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideaway View Post
Same travel as the steering blocks didn't change, only the steering feel changes.

About the top deck, it looks better than the T3'10 as it's wider in the motor area. The T3'10 top deck always used to break there. I'd feel more secure with the T3'11 one.
Hi Slideaway,
Thank you for the advise...
Should place my new T3 011 next week.
__________________
''Gosh... My wife going to divorce me, if I kept spending time in RC"...
///MEMBER OF PPRCC///
adrian_pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:31 AM   #483
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Drew, Paul mentioned going to a larger servo with the T3'11? Just wondered if you know why? With the current T3'11 design does it need a higher torq servo because of a smaller steering angle? I hope my Futaba brushless low profile will be enough?
Paul answered why in another thread. It is because of the weight. You can also use a low profile and then add some weight yourself.
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 AM   #484
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Got it thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
Paul answered why in another thread. It is because of the weight. You can also use a low profile and then add some weight yourself.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #485
Tech Fanatic
 
Xchange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Around the world
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

How much weight needed to add with a low pro servo?

I received mine yesterday but the plastic shock made me a bit frusated about the xray kits... Ok t3'11 is a bit cheaper but the write on the box "luxury kit bla bla bla" and they put plastic shocks in the box... C'mon!!!!

And all of the xray drivers saying the alu shock works betters than the plastic....

I dont think is a weight problem.... All other sedan in the market HAVE this shock, now i need to speend 100bucks for this standard feature...!!

Anyways... I start building mine today and will see how good it is..
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:15 AM   #486
Tech Adept
 
Slideaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sinceny, France or Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
...I received mine yesterday but the plastic shock made me a bit frusated about the xray kits... Ok t3'11 is a bit cheaper but the write on the box "luxury kit bla bla bla" and they put plastic shocks in the box... C'mon!!!!
Totally agree with that. That's a part of the famous "Xray no sense issue". They are able of the best for 95% of the time... And those 5 miserable points left really make them maximum cheapo !
All the competitor cars come with alu shock bodies and nobody use the sh!tty adjustable piston for ages...
I'm still happily running with Xray but sometimes we can rightously wondering what they are thinking about.
__________________
Ludo
Thai Ride Tech Support.
Slideaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #487
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,405
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Eric Dankel won both of the 1st 2 A mains at the ETS in the 13.5 class
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #488
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 465
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
And all of the xray drivers saying the alu shock works betters than the plastic....
Is this true Drew/EA, are the aluminum shock better than the plactic ones?
__________________
Futaba 7PX---Xray T4 '18 ---R1 Wurks---EAMotorsports---Hobbywing
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #489
Tech Master
 
PDX-Spike's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 42
Posts: 1,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
How much weight needed to add with a low pro servo?

I received mine yesterday but the plastic shock made me a bit frusated about the xray kits... Ok t3'11 is a bit cheaper but the write on the box "luxury kit bla bla bla" and they put plastic shocks in the box... C'mon!!!!

And all of the xray drivers saying the alu shock works betters than the plastic....

I dont think is a weight problem.... All other sedan in the market HAVE this shock, now i need to speend 100bucks for this standard feature...!!

Anyways... I start building mine today and will see how good it is..
It seems reasonable to me that they would put plastic shock bodies in the kit to make the cost more reasonable. After all, plastic shock bodies are much less expensive that alu bodies.

Are you willing to buy relatively expensive alu shocks if they add only a small increase in performance? Maybe if you're a sponsored pro driver, but then you wouldn't consider the cost anyway. At my level of driving skill, I probably wouldn't notice a difference.
__________________
Roger Christal - Team Timezone (Hooligans), Rose City Scale Racing, ROAR Member until 9/16/2012
Support the locals: Timezone Raceway, Timezone II, R/C Plus, Portland RC Raceway
McKune Design, Slapmaster Tools, Houston's Engine Service
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #490
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX-Spike View Post
It seems reasonable to me that they would put plastic shock bodies in the kit to make the cost more reasonable. After all, plastic shock bodies are much less expensive that alu bodies.

Are you willing to buy relatively expensive alu shocks if they add only a small increase in performance? Maybe if you're a sponsored pro driver, but then you wouldn't consider the cost anyway. At my level of driving skill, I probably wouldn't notice a difference.
I thought the same as you , i am only a learner driver BUT i got the oppotunity to buy a set new from a guy who didn't want them , i noticed the differance straight away , using Tamiya bladders and the 1.1mm pistons with 400 oil the car is more prodictable in the corners and seams more positive on the steering , and they leak less , dont break in a crash and the threads on the outside dont get ruined over time

Trust me it is an investment that is worth it , Plus when i buy the T3'11 i will remove them from my T3 and fit them to the new car
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #491
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan View Post
Is this true Drew/EA, are the aluminum shock better than the plactic ones?
I know they have been tested back to back but I have actually never seen Paul run them at a big carpet race. But I do know that he has ran them at extremely hot outdoor races due to the alumn helps dissapate heat better and they stay more consistent I believe. But for normal people you wont notice a difference nor would I.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #492
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I thought the same as you , i am only a learner driver BUT i got the oppotunity to buy a set new from a guy who didn't want them , i noticed the differance straight away , using Tamiya bladders and the 1.1mm pistons with 400 oil the car is more prodictable in the corners and seams more positive on the steering , and they leak less , dont break in a crash and the threads on the outside dont get ruined over time

Trust me it is an investment that is worth it , Plus when i buy the T3'11 i will remove them from my T3 and fit them to the new car
Did you also use the Tamiya bladders in the plastic shocks? As I know those make a huge difference over the normal xray bladders. They do everything you said going to the alumn shocks did but using them in the plastic shocks.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #493
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Did you also use the Tamiya bladders in the plastic shocks? As I know those make a huge difference over the normal xray bladders. They do everything you said going to the alumn shocks did but using them in the plastic shocks.

EA
no i used the standard bladders

i thought the shock bodys were a larger diameter than the alloy ones thus the tamiya bladders dont fit
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #494
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a house
Posts: 226
Default

I used ali shocks on my t1 only due to carpet fibers jamming in the threads and making it harder to adjust.But i would of liked ali shocks and paid the difference.
Coming back to tc so i hope the t3 is betrer than the t2 007 that just did not feel right
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #495
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
no i used the standard bladders

i thought the shock bodys were a larger diameter than the alloy ones thus the tamiya bladders dont fit
The plastic shocks are slightly smaller so you just barely have to trim around the edge of the bladder to get them to fit perfectly. It will work and settles the car down quite a bit.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net