R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #481
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Drew, Paul mentioned going to a larger servo with the T3'11? Just wondered if you know why? With the current T3'11 design does it need a higher torq servo because of a smaller steering angle? I hope my Futaba brushless low profile will be enough?

Last edited by RCknight; 10-17-2010 at 01:53 AM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to adrian_pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideaway View Post
Same travel as the steering blocks didn't change, only the steering feel changes.

About the top deck, it looks better than the T3'10 as it's wider in the motor area. The T3'10 top deck always used to break there. I'd feel more secure with the T3'11 one.
Hi Slideaway,
Thank you for the advise...
Should place my new T3 011 next week.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:31 AM   #483
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Drew, Paul mentioned going to a larger servo with the T3'11? Just wondered if you know why? With the current T3'11 design does it need a higher torq servo because of a smaller steering angle? I hope my Futaba brushless low profile will be enough?
Paul answered why in another thread. It is because of the weight. You can also use a low profile and then add some weight yourself.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 AM   #484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got it thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
Paul answered why in another thread. It is because of the weight. You can also use a low profile and then add some weight yourself.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #485
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

How much weight needed to add with a low pro servo?

I received mine yesterday but the plastic shock made me a bit frusated about the xray kits... Ok t3'11 is a bit cheaper but the write on the box "luxury kit bla bla bla" and they put plastic shocks in the box... C'mon!!!!

And all of the xray drivers saying the alu shock works betters than the plastic....

I dont think is a weight problem.... All other sedan in the market HAVE this shock, now i need to speend 100bucks for this standard feature...!!

Anyways... I start building mine today and will see how good it is..
Xchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:15 AM   #486
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xchange View Post
...I received mine yesterday but the plastic shock made me a bit frusated about the xray kits... Ok t3'11 is a bit cheaper but the write on the box "luxury kit bla bla bla" and they put plastic shocks in the box... C'mon!!!!
Totally agree with that. That's a part of the famous "Xray no sense issue". They are able of the best for 95% of the time... And those 5 miserable points left really make them maximum cheapo !
All the competitor cars come with alu shock bodies and nobody use the sh!tty adjustable piston for ages...
I'm still happily running with Xray but sometimes we can rightously wondering what they are thinking about.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #487
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Eric Dankel won both of the 1st 2 A mains at the ETS in the 13.5 class

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #488
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
And all of the xray drivers saying the alu shock works betters than the plastic....
Is this true Drew/EA, are the aluminum shock better than the plactic ones?
Old 10-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #489
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
How much weight needed to add with a low pro servo?

I received mine yesterday but the plastic shock made me a bit frusated about the xray kits... Ok t3'11 is a bit cheaper but the write on the box "luxury kit bla bla bla" and they put plastic shocks in the box... C'mon!!!!

I dont think is a weight problem.... All other sedan in the market HAVE this shock, now i need to speend 100bucks for this standard feature...!!

Anyways... I start building mine today and will see how good it is..
It seems reasonable to me that they would put plastic shock bodies in the kit to make the cost more reasonable. After all, plastic shock bodies are much less expensive that alu bodies.

Are you willing to buy relatively expensive alu shocks if they add only a small increase in performance? Maybe if you're a sponsored pro driver, but then you wouldn't consider the cost anyway. At my level of driving skill, I probably wouldn't notice a difference.
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #490
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX-Spike View Post
It seems reasonable to me that they would put plastic shock bodies in the kit to make the cost more reasonable. After all, plastic shock bodies are much less expensive that alu bodies.

Are you willing to buy relatively expensive alu shocks if they add only a small increase in performance? Maybe if you're a sponsored pro driver, but then you wouldn't consider the cost anyway. At my level of driving skill, I probably wouldn't notice a difference.
I thought the same as you , i am only a learner driver BUT i got the oppotunity to buy a set new from a guy who didn't want them , i noticed the differance straight away , using Tamiya bladders and the 1.1mm pistons with 400 oil the car is more prodictable in the corners and seams more positive on the steering , and they leak less , dont break in a crash and the threads on the outside dont get ruined over time

Trust me it is an investment that is worth it , Plus when i buy the T3'11 i will remove them from my T3 and fit them to the new car
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #491
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan View Post
Is this true Drew/EA, are the aluminum shock better than the plactic ones?
I know they have been tested back to back but I have actually never seen Paul run them at a big carpet race. But I do know that he has ran them at extremely hot outdoor races due to the alumn helps dissapate heat better and they stay more consistent I believe. But for normal people you wont notice a difference nor would I.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #492
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I thought the same as you , i am only a learner driver BUT i got the oppotunity to buy a set new from a guy who didn't want them , i noticed the differance straight away , using Tamiya bladders and the 1.1mm pistons with 400 oil the car is more prodictable in the corners and seams more positive on the steering , and they leak less , dont break in a crash and the threads on the outside dont get ruined over time

Trust me it is an investment that is worth it , Plus when i buy the T3'11 i will remove them from my T3 and fit them to the new car
Did you also use the Tamiya bladders in the plastic shocks? As I know those make a huge difference over the normal xray bladders. They do everything you said going to the alumn shocks did but using them in the plastic shocks.

EA
Old 10-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #493
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Did you also use the Tamiya bladders in the plastic shocks? As I know those make a huge difference over the normal xray bladders. They do everything you said going to the alumn shocks did but using them in the plastic shocks.

EA
no i used the standard bladders

i thought the shock bodys were a larger diameter than the alloy ones thus the tamiya bladders dont fit
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #494
Tech Adept

I used ali shocks on my t1 only due to carpet fibers jamming in the threads and making it harder to adjust.But i would of liked ali shocks and paid the difference.
Coming back to tc so i hope the t3 is betrer than the t2 007 that just did not feel right
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #495
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
no i used the standard bladders

i thought the shock bodys were a larger diameter than the alloy ones thus the tamiya bladders dont fit
The plastic shocks are slightly smaller so you just barely have to trim around the edge of the bladder to get them to fit perfectly. It will work and settles the car down quite a bit.

EA