Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 08-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Thanks Drifter, I did play a little bit with shock positions. But more than anything its been steering, and driving line. I also have to reset the ESC on the one car and up the drag brake. The other car is performing better in the corners - but my time in the cars is increasing so getting better. I find I have all the adjustment I need - not sure what is so much better in the T4.

James
most TC have “all the adjustment i need” but brother, you are comparing a 2011 car with the modern ones. New cars including T4 have more flex which will give more grip and translate to corner speed. I started Xray from their T2 2008. Pick up a T4 2015 or newer. It won’t break the bank.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

btw, post some pictures of your current T3. I didn’t read back far enough, how and why u pick a T3?
Old 08-17-2018, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Had the T3s since 2013. I have $1000+ in spares for them.
As for flex ... we at our track are trying to stiffen the chassis as much as possible to reduce steering in the corner. Most tell me I need a modern car so I can get the stiff aluminum chassis now available.

these cars are getting tuned up. I am only using this as a way to relax from work etc. I have not run a race since back in the hobby. I will this fall and winter, and will understand that the last second per lap I'm missing could be made up with a newer car.. but oh well.
I now have 1 car setup for 21.5t tc and the other for 21.5t usgt. So as you can see Hv batteries mod motors and $150 servos are not in my future. Lol

James
Old 04-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guys,

How long should the shock be on a xray t3?

Or what should the shock stroke be on a xray t3?

thanks for the help