Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 AM
  #3976  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
silvalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kinga View Post
I busted the outdrive on my front spool yesterday, just wondering if there are any cheaper options than spending 35 on a new whole spool and bearing assembly when I just need the plastic outdrive. The xray part number seems to encompass the whole spool and bearings assembly with no individual part number for the outdrives

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...0Adapters%20(2)

That thing?
silvalis is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 03:43 AM
  #3977  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by silvalis View Post
Yep thats it thanks. I could only see the part number for the whole front spool in the manual
CHeers
kinga is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 05:12 AM
  #3978  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Outdrives

This is all you need.


http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1552

Last edited by jgraham37128; 02-19-2012 at 05:13 AM. Reason: ttt
jgraham37128 is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
  #3979  
Tech Apprentice
 
Phils4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seatac Wa
Posts: 55
Default xray t3r anti roll bars???

Hi just got one just seeing what anti roll bar I should start out with on a mild grip carpet track??? Also what is the final drive ratio on the xray to figure out the gearing??? Thanks

Last edited by Phils4runner; 02-19-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Phils4runner is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 AM
  #3980  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 137
Default

Hello guys, recently I built a T3, everything went smooth. I decided to use a hobbywing Xerun 8.5T motor and Xerun 60A esc. My friend has the same motor and esc on another touring car with a 80 tooth spur and a 26 tooth gear and the engine gets way to hot. Our track is very big and offers a massive straight. Would like to know what gearing would you guys recommend me in order to keep the motor within safe temps.
arix is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
  #3981  
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,757
Default

Originally Posted by kinga View Post
I busted the outdrive on my front spool yesterday, just wondering if there are any cheaper options than spending 35 on a new whole spool and bearing assembly when I just need the plastic outdrive. The xray part number seems to encompass the whole spool and bearings assembly with no individual part number for the outdrives
Check out the Side Piece Racing Nikita outdrives, very nice and tough aluminum units that let you use drive shaft blades with the stock spool center piece.
HarryLeach is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
  #3982  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
elee32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: lambertville, nj
Posts: 788
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
Check out the Side Piece Racing Nikita outdrives, very nice and tough aluminum units that let you use drive shaft blades with the stock spool center piece.
+1.
elee32 is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 PM
  #3983  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (57)
 
danny250r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

im looking to get spec r gear diffs fr and rr what size gear do i get for fr and rr do i get the same also what size cvd do i have to use 52 or 50 thx
danny250r is offline  
Old 02-19-2012, 03:02 PM
  #3984  
Tech Apprentice
 
Fjeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 55
Default

Can somebody please take a pic of "THE chassie modd" and post it here? And what will it do with the car?

Sorry for the bad english, hope you understand
Fjeld is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 AM
  #3985  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by danny250r View Post
im looking to get spec r gear diffs fr and rr what size gear do i get for fr and rr do i get the same also what size cvd do i have to use 52 or 50 thx
Dont get the spec r ones, get the original xray ones. You will break the spec r ones and end up spending more getting the xray ones or replacing parts in the spec r ones.
You can use 52 shafts in the orignal xray gear diff, you cant in the spec r you have to use 50mm shafts.
I have tried both and I broke 2 spec r diffs. I am still running my xray gear diff after a full season and still going strong
kinga is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 02:57 AM
  #3986  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Finally, a cheap battery retaining option. Obviously poplular as it is already sold out.
I will let you know how it goes as I managed to order one before stock ran out.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...-mount-p-24221
kinga is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 AM
  #3987  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by Phils4runner View Post
Hi just got one just seeing what anti roll bar I should start out with on a mild grip carpet track??? Also what is the final drive ratio on the xray to figure out the gearing??? Thanks
Most people use the T3 kit bars which ar 1.4mm at the front and 1.2mm at the rear.

The kit internal gearing is 1.9
Skiddins is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:43 AM
  #3988  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,357
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by arix View Post
Hello guys, recently I built a T3, everything went smooth. I decided to use a hobbywing Xerun 8.5T motor and Xerun 60A esc. My friend has the same motor and esc on another touring car with a 80 tooth spur and a 26 tooth gear and the engine gets way to hot. Our track is very big and offers a massive straight. Would like to know what gearing would you guys recommend me in order to keep the motor within safe temps.
80/26 on the T3 is a Final Drive Ratio of 5.84, much too low for that motor. Try gearing that setup at about 6.5-7.0 just to be sure.
Danny-b23 is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 11:54 AM
  #3989  
Tech Apprentice
 
Phils4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seatac Wa
Posts: 55
Default Xray T3r

Thanks I will give that a try.
Phils4runner is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 01:22 PM
  #3990  
Tech Elite
 
morgoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,917
Default

Originally Posted by Fjeld View Post
Can somebody please take a pic of "THE chassie modd" and post it here? And what will it do with the car?

Sorry for the bad english, hope you understand
Basically you take a 2012 chassis (ask a friend), draw the contour on your chassis and cut the excess carbon with a dremel. Then you'll have car with more rear grip and the tuning window becomes bigger.
I found my 2011 too twitchy and I'm driving it now with the modded chassis and I have the 2011 and 2012 topdecks. Depending on the track conditions I switch the topdeck.

Here's a picture (not mine, but you get the idea)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1-dsc09148.jpg
morgoth is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.