R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #3571
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
sorry .. could give me detail where to cut .. i don't see it ..
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 AM   #3572
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 847
Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
sorry .. could give me detail where to cut .. i don't see it ..
I have circled the area with a yellow circle for you
Attached Thumbnails
Xray T3 2011-photo-7-11-11-5-26-14-pm.jpg  
shano83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 AM   #3573
Tech Addict
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
If a setup calls for 2 hole piston in the front and 1 hole in the rear on a setup sheet. What piston is that on the tree? 1-1,1-2,1-0 / 2hole or 1-1,1-2,1-0/ 3hole on the shock tree.
Usually when this is listed people are talking about the clicker pistons that are adusted from two to four holes. I believe the clicker pistons are .9 or 1mm piston holes.
the 1-1 1-2 and 1-0 pistons refer to the 1.1 1.2 and 1.0 mm hole pistons
Without the piston hole specified in the setup its hard to tell.
Use smaller holed pistons on smooth tracks, larger hole pistons on bumpy tracks
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:42 AM   #3574
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
sorry .. could give me detail where to cut .. i don't see it ..
glad im not racing against you....lol oh i am joking you know
__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #3575
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Posts: 73
Send a message via MSN to Emil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
So, do you think it is a good mod to do on a small carpet track with rubber tires?
Absolutely, we had a race this weekend and even as the grip came up the car was the best I have ever driven it.

- Emil
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #3576
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shano83 View Post
I have circled the area with a yellow circle for you
Thanks shano
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #3577
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
glad im not racing against you....lol oh i am joking you know
..
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #3578
Tech Elite
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,066
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga View Post
Usually when this is listed people are talking about the clicker pistons that are adusted from two to four holes. I believe the clicker pistons are .9 or 1mm piston holes.
the 1-1 1-2 and 1-0 pistons refer to the 1.1 1.2 and 1.0 mm hole pistons
Without the piston hole specified in the setup its hard to tell.
Use smaller holed pistons on smooth tracks, larger hole pistons on bumpy tracks
The setup is for a med size, med traction carpet track. He calls for 350 shock oil.
__________________
RC8T; Losi 2.0B; FT T4; AKA & RB
Hoffman Photography, www.carolinasrc.com
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #3579
Tech Elite
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,066
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

So the stock 2 and 3 hole piston are 1.0 or 1.1? Thanks in advance.
__________________
RC8T; Losi 2.0B; FT T4; AKA & RB
Hoffman Photography, www.carolinasrc.com
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #3580
Tech Master
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,299
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I hate to bring up the esc drive shafts again but I have done some reading on them which just means I am more confused than before.

I have a T3'11 for sedan that use the spool and stock 52mm shafts. It rattles but I am going to live with it for now.

i also have a t3'10 setup for vta. It rattles and I would like to try the ecs shafts on this as a test. I have heard from fellow racers that the esc shafts (xray/spec-r0 break easier than the stock shafts so I want to try them here.

Basically I see 3 choices...
52mm Xray
50mm Xray
Spec-r

The Spec-r shafts don't give a size so I that is were i get confused. I don't have the funds to switch the entire car over. The Spec-r shafts have a better price but how long are they? Will I notice a difference between the lengths if the front is 50mm and the rear is 52?

I'd go with the Spec-r shafts but not if it means replacing all 4 corners with new shafts.
Meradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #3581
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

You only need the ECS driveshafts on the front if you're using a spool. The rear uses a diff, so you don't need them there.
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #3582
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,392
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

the spec r ecs shafts lasted me about 3 race days before the main solid shaft sheared into two. The XRAY ones are worth the money IMO.
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #3583
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,562
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Save Your $$- don't buy spec-r shafts and then have to buy xray ecs to replace the spec-r junk. Most folks are running 50mm ecs...
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #3584
Tech Elite
 
oeoeo327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Save Your $$- don't buy spec-r shafts and then have to buy xray ecs to replace the spec-r junk. Most folks are running 50mm ecs...
Agreed. They're not cheap, but worth the investment.
__________________
Founding member of the Solid Gold Racing Team - Mediocrity, redefined...
oeoeo327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #3585
Tech Fanatic
 
jgraham37128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 801
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
I hate to bring up the esc drive shafts again but I have done some reading on them which just means I am more confused than before.

I have a T3'11 for sedan that use the spool and stock 52mm shafts. It rattles but I am going to live with it for now.

i also have a t3'10 setup for vta. It rattles and I would like to try the ecs shafts on this as a test. I have heard from fellow racers that the esc shafts (xray/spec-r0 break easier than the stock shafts so I want to try them here.

Basically I see 3 choices...
52mm Xray
50mm Xray
Spec-r

The Spec-r shafts don't give a size so I that is were i get confused. I don't have the funds to switch the entire car over. The Spec-r shafts have a better price but how long are they? Will I notice a difference between the lengths if the front is 50mm and the rear is 52?

I'd go with the Spec-r shafts but not if it means replacing all 4 corners with new shafts.
I use Xrays 52 mm. I had the 50mm first but kept breaking the out-drives. Once I went to 52mm the problem stopped. Most people I know run 52mm in the front since you space it out with the shims. You don't need ESC's in the rear.
jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net