Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 AM
  #3526  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Craig.

So what is the result of making that cut?
nerdling is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 03:45 AM
  #3527  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (98)
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,676
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Thanks Craig.

So what is the result of making that cut?
im guessing more flex....
blade072 is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 11:04 AM
  #3528  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southampton, UK
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Yes just like that.

All screws in except steering post screws.

The car then seemed to just keep the rear planted on the faster sweeping corners - meaning more consistent feel when going into the corner and I was able to open the power a little earlier coming out of the tighter corners. I was expecting the car to be a little slower in the hairpins, but because the amount of speed you could carry into the corner was greater it just seemed to improve the car all round.

Because of the increased rear grip I was then able to stiffen the rear spring for some scary turn in without spinning on our bumpy track
geubes is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
  #3529  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kinga View Post
Was doing that, it didnt help lol.
Sounds like you just hit too damn hard There is only so much you can expect out of plastic and fine thread screws, coarse threads would help, but I don't know any that fit a 3mm screw hole for the shims).
MikeXray is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
  #3530  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Thanks Craig.

So what is the result of making that cut?
What geubes said, a bit more stable but it also rotates a little better in slow corners
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
  #3531  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Corinth TX
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default t3

Any one have one they want to sale please pm me
DKB243 is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 06:09 PM
  #3532  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
dfsc10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 628
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default t3 2011.

does anyone wanna sell theres so they can upgrade to the 2012? im real interested in buying one. we start carpet racing this weekend and i need a tc! thanks
dfsc10 is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 PM
  #3533  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Thanks geubes & Craig.... now the question is, do I have time to scoot home, grab the dremel, make the cut, all before tonights race meeting
nerdling is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 PM
  #3534  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bigdadracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: the happiest place on earth
Posts: 406
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by geubes View Post
Yes just like that.

All screws in except steering post screws.

The car then seemed to just keep the rear planted on the faster sweeping corners - meaning more consistent feel when going into the corner and I was able to open the power a little earlier coming out of the tighter corners. I was expecting the car to be a little slower in the hairpins, but because the amount of speed you could carry into the corner was greater it just seemed to improve the car all round.

Because of the increased rear grip I was then able to stiffen the rear spring for some scary turn in without spinning on our bumpy track
are you guys useing this on carpet or asphalt ?
bigdadracing is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
  #3535  
Tech Addict
 
waOscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pattaya Thailand
Posts: 614
Default

Originally Posted by nerdling View Post
Thanks geubes & Craig.... now the question is, do I have time to scoot home, grab the dremel, make the cut, all before tonights race meeting
I got time, I will use on carpet tonight, let you know.

Cheers,

Toby
waOscar is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 01:18 AM
  #3536  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I have an '11 to sell but it's in Australia
It does come with the elusive flying fox spool outdrives though

Originally Posted by bigdadracing View Post
are you guys useing this on carpet or asphalt ?
Asphalt
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 01:26 AM
  #3537  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (98)
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,676
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

i have 2 sets of flying fox's yeah!!!!!!
but using geardiff front and rear now...
blade072 is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 AM
  #3538  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
i have 2 sets of flying fox's yeah!!!!!!
but using geardiff front and rear now...
I was at Paul's just before the SA titles and he had a bag of about 100 of them. He said his missus will be taking over the service side of the business so they should be available again soon
CraigM is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 05:59 AM
  #3539  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southampton, UK
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by waOscar View Post
I got time, I will use on carpet tonight, let you know.

Cheers,

Toby
how did I go on carpet? should I keep it on for Carpet this weekend?

I usually run on a decent/high grip but bumpy asphalt.
geubes is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 02:57 PM
  #3540  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (120)
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,702
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried to deanodize the orange off?? if so what did you use?
Potoczak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.