R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #3511
Tech Addict
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I had the rear upright top camber link screw rip out at the top on the weekend in a big crash, running the two hole. Would the one hole be less likely to pull out, as there is a bit more meat around the screw hole? I was running a grub screw in the secon hole in the upright as a precaution but didnt help
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #3512
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga View Post
I had the rear upright top camber link screw rip out at the top on the weekend in a big crash, running the two hole. Would the one hole be less likely to pull out, as there is a bit more meat around the screw hole? I was running a grub screw in the secon hole in the upright as a precaution but didnt help
How much of the screw was in the upright?

If you ran alot of shims it might be worth using a longer screw so it's just off touching the driveshaft on the inside of the hub carrier.
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #3513
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: southampton, UK
Posts: 145
Send a message via MSN to geubes
Default

has anyone tried cutting the rear of their 2011 top deck?

I did it today to an old re-glued top deck (delaminated where the bearings are after a heavy impact in mod) and it seriously transformed the car and it was the fastest its ever been round my local track in a single lap. dropped 0.2 off my recent times.

this was on asphault.

I am very tempted to do the same to my non-bogged top deck, but with it being carpet season, not sure if its worth the risk?
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #3514
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,849
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
has anyone tried cutting the rear of their 2011 top deck?

I did it today to an old re-glued top deck (delaminated where the bearings are after a heavy impact in mod) and it seriously transformed the car and it was the fastest its ever been round my local track in a single lap. dropped 0.2 off my recent times.

this was on asphault.

I am very tempted to do the same to my non-bogged top deck, but with it being carpet season, not sure if its worth the risk?
What was the mod?
__________________
--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #3515
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Hi Guys
I'd Like to Let you Know That CSO Chassis For T3 2011 Is not Proper Carbon fibre ...
Only Top And Bottom Layers CF and middle is Fibre Glass ...
For your information
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #3516
Tech Addict
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
How much of the screw was in the upright?

If you ran alot of shims it might be worth using a longer screw so it's just off touching the driveshaft on the inside of the hub carrier.
Was running 4mm of shims.
Was thinking of using a longer screw, but it goes quite deep into the upright as it is, not sure if I have the right length screw to fit.
I am not sure if it would have helped, I came off at full speed into a parked car in the carpark!
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #3517
Tech Addict
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
has anyone tried cutting the rear of their 2011 top deck?

I did it today to an old re-glued top deck (delaminated where the bearings are after a heavy impact in mod) and it seriously transformed the car and it was the fastest its ever been round my local track in a single lap. dropped 0.2 off my recent times.

this was on asphault.

I am very tempted to do the same to my non-bogged top deck, but with it being carpet season, not sure if its worth the risk?
Post some Photos Please!
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #3518
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga View Post
Was running 4mm of shims.
Was thinking of using a longer screw, but it goes quite deep into the upright as it is, not sure if I have the right length screw to fit.
I am not sure if it would have helped, I came off at full speed into a parked car in the carpark!

Thread a set-screw into the hole you aren't using and it will keep the hole from deforming and help keep the screw from pulling out.
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #3519
Tech Addict
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Thread a set-screw into the hole you aren't using and it will keep the hole from deforming and help keep the screw from pulling out.
Was doing that, it didnt help lol.
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #3520
Tech Master
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,662
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Thumbs up set up help??

Hi ,
changing over from rear ball diff to a spec-r gear diff what weight diff fluid should be good on carpet???
Thanks!
Johnn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #3521
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
Hi Guys
I'd Like to Let you Know That CSO Chassis For T3 2011 Is not Proper Carbon fibre ...
Only Top And Bottom Layers CF and middle is Fibre Glass ...
For your information
yep we know...i posted pics ages ago on this thread......i have the chassis....and i love it...

__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #3522
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Cut top deck

__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #3523
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

nice craig....and did you have screws in all the top deck holes except the steering brace ones???
__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #3524
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
nice craig....and did you have screws in all the top deck holes except the steering brace ones???
Yep, I never liked the feeling with the motor mount screws removed
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #3525
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Yep, I never liked the feeling with the motor mount screws removed
thanks craig...i tried the car with all but 2 screws on the front bulkhead and steering brace first...went ok but then i put the missing 2 in the front....then it was great......i have a spare cso top deck i might experiment with now....
__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net