Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
  #3436  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Are they setups for mod? The team setups for mod are usually softer/more lightly sprung than stock setups.
Yep Mod Drivers ,Many Thanx For the info
What you recommend for stock is 35WT ok with 3.0&2.6-8 springs on 13.5T Carpet mid-high grip...
yokemad is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
  #3437  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
Yep Mod Drivers ,Many Thanx For the info
What you recommend for stock is 35WT ok with 3.0&2.6-8 springs on 13.5T Carpet mid-high grip...
It's a good starting point. Start with 350cst and 3 hole pistons. If you have the clicker pistons you can easily increase the damping by closing pistons from there. Last time I ran carpet mod (7.5t boosted) I used 350cst all around and ended up with 2 hole front pistons and 3 hole rear.

I was running 3.0 front and 2.6 rear, if I went to a 2.8 rear the car had a LOT more steering but was much harder to drive.
M-Technic is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 02:22 PM
  #3438  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,871
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Ecs

Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
I got my t3'11 put together with all electronics yesterday and I must say that it was the best build i have had to date. I recently put a tc6 together for a friend and the xray kit was by far the better build of the two.

So, I couldn't resit running the car up on my bench. I knew the drive shafts would chatter at full lock, but man, it sounds like the car is going to tear itself apart. Is this normal?
Pick up the ecs shafts or go to the spec r ones to save cash!
haywood is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM
  #3439  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,697
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
I got my t3'11 put together with all electronics yesterday and I must say that it was the best build i have had to date. I recently put a tc6 together for a friend and the xray kit was by far the better build of the two.

So, I couldn't resit running the car up on my bench. I knew the drive shafts would chatter at full lock, but man, it sounds like the car is going to tear itself apart. Is this normal?
If your bench racing you'll need the ECS's if your running on the track the stock parts work quite well.....if your running a diff or gear diff up front you won't need the ECS at all.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 03:15 PM
  #3440  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,294
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Pick up the ecs shafts or go to the spec r ones to save cash!

Can anyone tell me hows the quality of the Spec R ECS compared to the Xray ones?
RCknight is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 PM
  #3441  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Can anyone tell me hows the quality of the Spec R ECS compared to the Xray ones?
Wait for the spec R v2, should be out soon
CraigM is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 06:43 PM
  #3442  
Tech Regular
 
casino57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sandwich,Il.
Posts: 498
Default

I'm running the T3 2010 model. I need a set up for a cleveland size carpet track. I/m not going to have alot of time to practice...and i'd lkike to have a good starting set-up. Any ideas where I might look? Thanks alot in advance.
casino57 is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 07:00 PM
  #3443  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by casino57 View Post
I'm running the T3 2010 model. I need a set up for a cleveland size carpet track. I/m not going to have alot of time to practice...and i'd lkike to have a good starting set-up. Any ideas where I might look? Thanks alot in advance.
XRAY Setup Database
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 10-20-2011, 07:27 PM
  #3444  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCknight View Post
Can anyone tell me hows the quality of the Spec R ECS compared to the Xray ones?
Iam pretty sure they are only rated to use down to a 10.5 turn motor. I run 17.5 blinky and theyare fine. Durability is on par with the xray ecs ones, Last about the same amount of time before rebuild
kinga is offline  
Old 10-21-2011, 12:13 AM
  #3445  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (98)
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,676
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

i got some litmodz cvs v2 to try will take my standards to the track for spares
blade072 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 07:19 PM
  #3446  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,309
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

So I was setting up my car following a setup sheet from the Xray forums.

I have a few questions. First, what is the eccentric adjustment and what does it do? I can;t find it in the manual.

Second, when I tried to put 5mm shims on the rear axel hub it makes the camber link too tall and it rubs on the wheel. This doesn't seem right.

Thanks!
Meradin is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 PM
  #3447  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
So I was setting up my car following a setup sheet from the Xray forums.

I have a few questions. First, what is the eccentric adjustment and what does it do? I can;t find it in the manual.

Second, when I tried to put 5mm shims on the rear axel hub it makes the camber link too tall and it rubs on the wheel. This doesn't seem right.

Thanks!
The eccentric adjustment determins two things, weather the diff sits high or low in the chassis and how this relates with the cars CG. I don't really know how it works aside from for more roll go high and for less roll go low.

I assume you don't have the closed ball suspension links. Compared to the standard links the closed ball links are more compact and allow at least 4mm shims (this is what I have on my car) and possibly 5mm. With the normal kit links the best I could get was 3mm.
nerdling is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 AM
  #3448  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mera'din View Post
Second, when I tried to put 5mm shims on the rear axel hub it makes the camber link too tall and it rubs on the wheel. This doesn't seem right.

Thanks!
Depends on the design of the rim. With Solaris tires it's close, but you can run 5mm. If the rim doesn't have a chamfered edge, it might rub.
M-Technic is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 06:25 AM
  #3449  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Meradin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,309
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

On the setup sheets it lists diff either being high or low and eccentric as being standard or 1. It appears to be two different settings. Right now I have my diff mounted high but I cannot find what the eccentric is.
Meradin is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 06:56 AM
  #3450  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
liteweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Hi Fred saw one of your set up and you using cleaning putty on front diff, I haven't try putty can you pls give me some tips how you built your diff with putty and also for what conditions do you really need it?
Thanks
liteweight is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.