Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #2806
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
My painted one is ~85g.

-Mike
You can get an average of a few speed 6 bodies or LTC's, but no two unpainted fresh out of the package bodies weighs exactly the same. It must have something to do with the mfg. process but they are all a little different.
Bonadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #2807
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks very much on the body weight info, much appreciated.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #2808
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonadona View Post
You can get an average of a few speed 6 bodies or LTC's, but no two unpainted fresh out of the package bodies weighs exactly the same. It must have something to do with the mfg. process but they are all a little different.
Mine was painted, trimmed, and winged. No paint on the wing, though.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #2809
Tech Initiate

Thank you ,I'am very very like Xray!
Ron-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #2810
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I got another great customer picture of the http://www.sidepieceracing.com Nikita Outdrives. This is of Steve Sohl's T3'11 with 52mm ECS and 2.25mm arm spacing:

FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #2811
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone got some time on the sweep OG 40 tires yet? we are using them as the control tyres here in Qld for the state titles later this year. I have a set but its a bit cold at the moment to see what setup changes I might need to make. I am still running sorex 32s during the day, and the OGs seemed to be slippery as if they werent up to temp.
Anyone got comments on them on asphalt?
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #2812
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga View Post
Anyone got some time on the sweep OG 40 tires yet? we are using them as the control tyres here in Qld for the state titles later this year. I have a set but its a bit cold at the moment to see what setup changes I might need to make. I am still running sorex 32s during the day, and the OGs seemed to be slippery as if they werent up to temp.
There's no magic setup to be had with them. They work very well. I suggest starting with a setup on tires that you are familiar with and work from there. They are between a 38 and 40 shore, so if the grip improves after a few a minute or so you will need to modify your setup, additive selection and/or tire warmers. They are consistent in times from the start of the run to the end of the run and from run to run and they have great life in terms of wear. Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #2813
Tech Master

Well Done Fred 8th overall @Nationals Great Result!!!
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #2814
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
Well Done Fred 8th overall @Nationals Great Result!!!
Thanks bud, sadly the car was much better than that finishing position. I just made a couple wrong setup choices and it cost me big in overall qualifying. I often wish our national events where like those in other parts of the world..spread out across several events to determine the championship instead of just one event. Live and learn...
Old 08-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #2815
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga View Post
They are also being used for the FEMCA ISTC in Sydney next month as well & I haven't been able to get them working yet. First run they don't seem to turn, after that they get a bit better but they never grip like sorex or muchmores. I'm gonna test more additives next time out, will let you know if I learn anything - when are the QLDs and where are they being held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Thanks bud, sadly the car was much better than that finishing position. I just made a couple wrong setup choices and it cost me big in overall qualifying. I often wish our national events where like those in other parts of the world..spread out across several events to determine the championship instead of just one event. Live and learn...
That's always disappointing, but a very commendable result nonetheless. I noticed you were using the 6 deg hubs at the event, what difference did you find they made on the car? As above I've been struggling to get my car to turn on the OGs, I can either get it to turn in good but push mid corner or have zero initial but decent mid corner, so I've been thinking about giving the 6 degs a go.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #2816
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default aftermarket belts

do atomic or tough racing make belts for the 2011?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #2817
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
do atomic or tough racing make belts for the 2011?
Only ones I've seen are zeppin - haven't tried them. I think one of the HB belts also fits but I don't know if it's the front or rear. So sick of the xray belts, they are sub par compared to the tamiya low frictions
Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #2818
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Only ones I've seen are zeppin - haven't tried them. I think one of the HB belts also fits but I don't know if it's the front or rear. So sick of the xray belts, they are sub par compared to the tamiya low frictions
I think I saw on a website specr belts for the t3.. Not sure if they are good though.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #2819
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Quote:
i use the zeppin belts and find they are just as good as the xray ones but cheaper.Wear and tear is roughly the same.
shano83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:19 AM   #2820
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
They are also being used for the FEMCA ISTC in Sydney next month as well & I haven't been able to get them working yet. First run they don't seem to turn, after that they get a bit better but they never grip like sorex or muchmores. I'm gonna test more additives next time out, will let you know if I learn anything - when are the QLDs and where are they being held?

That's always disappointing, but a very commendable result nonetheless. I noticed you were using the 6 deg hubs at the event, what difference did you find they made on the car? As above I've been struggling to get my car to turn on the OGs, I can either get it to turn in good but push mid corner or have zero initial but decent mid corner, so I've been thinking about giving the 6 degs a go.
Qld electric titles are at my local track, BRCCC, Bayside RCCC in Wynnum Qld in mid October. Thanks for the tips Craig, thats been my exact experience. I am going to try to get some laps in with the OGs too before the titles to ttry to get them sorted
kinga is offline   Reply With Quote