Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 08-10-2011, 10:18 PM
  #2806  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (26)
 
Bonadona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
My painted one is ~85g.

-Mike
You can get an average of a few speed 6 bodies or LTC's, but no two unpainted fresh out of the package bodies weighs exactly the same. It must have something to do with the mfg. process but they are all a little different.
Bonadona is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
  #2807  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,697
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thanks very much on the body weight info, much appreciated.
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
  #2808  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bonadona View Post
You can get an average of a few speed 6 bodies or LTC's, but no two unpainted fresh out of the package bodies weighs exactly the same. It must have something to do with the mfg. process but they are all a little different.
Mine was painted, trimmed, and winged. No paint on the wing, though.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:02 PM
  #2809  
Tech Initiate
 
Ron-Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 20
Default

Thank you ,I'am very very like Xray!
Ron-Z is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:07 PM
  #2810  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,724
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

I got another great customer picture of the http://www.sidepieceracing.com Nikita Outdrives. This is of Steve Sohl's T3'11 with 52mm ECS and 2.25mm arm spacing:

hanulec is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 04:43 AM
  #2811  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got some time on the sweep OG 40 tires yet? we are using them as the control tyres here in Qld for the state titles later this year. I have a set but its a bit cold at the moment to see what setup changes I might need to make. I am still running sorex 32s during the day, and the OGs seemed to be slippery as if they werent up to temp.
Anyone got comments on them on asphalt?
kinga is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM
  #2812  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kinga View Post
Anyone got some time on the sweep OG 40 tires yet? we are using them as the control tyres here in Qld for the state titles later this year. I have a set but its a bit cold at the moment to see what setup changes I might need to make. I am still running sorex 32s during the day, and the OGs seemed to be slippery as if they werent up to temp.
Anyone got comments on them on asphalt?
There's no magic setup to be had with them. They work very well. I suggest starting with a setup on tires that you are familiar with and work from there. They are between a 38 and 40 shore, so if the grip improves after a few a minute or so you will need to modify your setup, additive selection and/or tire warmers. They are consistent in times from the start of the run to the end of the run and from run to run and they have great life in terms of wear. Thanks
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 09:53 AM
  #2813  
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Well Done Fred 8th overall @Nationals Great Result!!!
yokemad is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 09:56 AM
  #2814  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
Well Done Fred 8th overall @Nationals Great Result!!!
Thanks bud, sadly the car was much better than that finishing position. I just made a couple wrong setup choices and it cost me big in overall qualifying. I often wish our national events where like those in other parts of the world..spread out across several events to determine the championship instead of just one event. Live and learn...
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 03:54 PM
  #2815  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kinga View Post
Anyone got some time on the sweep OG 40 tires yet? we are using them as the control tyres here in Qld for the state titles later this year. I have a set but its a bit cold at the moment to see what setup changes I might need to make. I am still running sorex 32s during the day, and the OGs seemed to be slippery as if they werent up to temp.
Anyone got comments on them on asphalt?
They are also being used for the FEMCA ISTC in Sydney next month as well & I haven't been able to get them working yet. First run they don't seem to turn, after that they get a bit better but they never grip like sorex or muchmores. I'm gonna test more additives next time out, will let you know if I learn anything - when are the QLDs and where are they being held?

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Thanks bud, sadly the car was much better than that finishing position. I just made a couple wrong setup choices and it cost me big in overall qualifying. I often wish our national events where like those in other parts of the world..spread out across several events to determine the championship instead of just one event. Live and learn...
That's always disappointing, but a very commendable result nonetheless. I noticed you were using the 6 deg hubs at the event, what difference did you find they made on the car? As above I've been struggling to get my car to turn on the OGs, I can either get it to turn in good but push mid corner or have zero initial but decent mid corner, so I've been thinking about giving the 6 degs a go.
CraigM is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 05:12 PM
  #2816  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (141)
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,140
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default aftermarket belts

do atomic or tough racing make belts for the 2011?
hacker is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 06:37 PM
  #2817  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker View Post
do atomic or tough racing make belts for the 2011?
Only ones I've seen are zeppin - haven't tried them. I think one of the HB belts also fits but I don't know if it's the front or rear. So sick of the xray belts, they are sub par compared to the tamiya low frictions
CraigM is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM
  #2818  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,324
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Only ones I've seen are zeppin - haven't tried them. I think one of the HB belts also fits but I don't know if it's the front or rear. So sick of the xray belts, they are sub par compared to the tamiya low frictions
I think I saw on a website specr belts for the t3.. Not sure if they are good though.
Wylie27 is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 08:17 PM
  #2819  
Registered User
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 847
Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Only ones I've seen are zeppin - haven't tried them. I think one of the HB belts also fits but I don't know if it's the front or rear. So sick of the xray belts, they are sub par compared to the tamiya low frictions
i use the zeppin belts and find they are just as good as the xray ones but cheaper.Wear and tear is roughly the same.
shano83 is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 12:19 AM
  #2820  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
kinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
They are also being used for the FEMCA ISTC in Sydney next month as well & I haven't been able to get them working yet. First run they don't seem to turn, after that they get a bit better but they never grip like sorex or muchmores. I'm gonna test more additives next time out, will let you know if I learn anything - when are the QLDs and where are they being held?


That's always disappointing, but a very commendable result nonetheless. I noticed you were using the 6 deg hubs at the event, what difference did you find they made on the car? As above I've been struggling to get my car to turn on the OGs, I can either get it to turn in good but push mid corner or have zero initial but decent mid corner, so I've been thinking about giving the 6 degs a go.
Qld electric titles are at my local track, BRCCC, Bayside RCCC in Wynnum Qld in mid October. Thanks for the tips Craig, thats been my exact experience. I am going to try to get some laps in with the OGs too before the titles to ttry to get them sorted
kinga is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.