R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #2356
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Does anyone know if parts from the Serpent S411 will fit the T3'11? It looks like a T3'11 knock off. I'm mainly interested in the shocks and the gear diff.

http://www.serpent.com/product/400005
rcfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #2357
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfiend View Post
Does anyone know if parts from the Serpent S411 will fit the T3'11? It looks like a T3'11 knock off. I'm mainly interested in the shocks and the gear diff.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #2358
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

WOW!!

Quote:

dex410usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #2359
Tech Regular

Quote:

that does look similar...........
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #2360
Tech Addict

Im pretty sure the XRAY T1 used Serpent shocks, so there maybe some parts x-over ?? (its a long shot I know)
1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #2361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

All Tc's are basically the same today...moot point

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #2362
Tech Regular

Have I been adjusting my droop wrong If my car was a bit loose off power into a corner I thought I could increase the rear droop (lower number on droop gauge) which would allow the tyres to stay on the ground more as the weight went forward, but reading the XXX Main book it says I should be reducing the rear droop (higher number on droop gauge)
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #2363
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.W View Post
Have I been adjusting my droop wrong If my car was a bit loose off power into a corner I thought I could increase the rear droop (lower number on droop gauge) which would allow the tyres to stay on the ground more as the weight went forward, but reading the XXX Main book it says I should be reducing the rear droop (higher number on droop gauge)

Correct. If your car is over-steering off power, you will want to limit your droop. This will reduce the amount of weight that transfers forward, which adds rear traction and reduces front traction off power.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #2364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Think of it this way. Off power and under braking the weight moves forward. If the rear of the car is allowed to lift up more the weight will "tip" forward more. ( imagine a car completely vertical resting on the front bumper ). Where is the weight? It's all on the nose / front / bumper )
So even though ( with more rear droop ) the rear tires are touching the ground more the weight is off of them so they aren't as effective maintaining grip.
Basically more droop gives traction to the opposite end of the car in most situations.
Hope that helps you !

Last edited by Magnet Top; 06-09-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Magnet Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #2365
Tech Master

Quote:
Do this - take our dropp screws all the way out, place your car on the table and lift the suspension on that end of the car. Notice how much uptravel it has until the tires lift off the table?

Now, screw them in pretty far... notice how you don't have nearly the amount of uptravel you did once before and the wheels come off the ground much quicker?

So, the more you screw in the screws (higher on the gauge) the faster the suspension can max out and the wheels lift off the ground. This translates into less weight being thrown forward off power and thus less steering....

www.toycarracingblog.com
Old 06-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #2366
Tech Regular

Thanks all, makes sense now.
Don't think I was thinking of it in weight transfer ways but more of keeping the tyres on the ground, if that makes sense
Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #2367
Tech Regular

What wt oil would you normally use for asphalt and carpet ? and how do you know when to go thinner or thicker ?

Do you also change depending on track/air temperature etc ?

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #2368
Tech Regular

hey guys, just built my first xray (t3 11), really impressed with the build quality, everything went together perfectly, in 23 years of racing (minus a recent 5 year hiatus) its by far the best build ive had!

done the servo conversion, really good throw on the servo, maximum lock easily achieved from side to side and seems really smooth.

anything i need to know to get these bad boys flying on carpet with rubbers?
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #2369
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb3195 View Post
hey guys, just built my first xray (t3 11), really impressed with the build quality, everything went together perfectly, in 23 years of racing (minus a recent 5 year hiatus) its by far the best build ive had!

done the servo conversion, really good throw on the servo, maximum lock easily achieved from side to side and seems really smooth.

anything i need to know to get these bad boys flying on carpet with rubbers?
Yeah, make sure she is tested

Seriously though, as long as you built it properly, ask around your track for the best tire/addictive combo and throw her down...

www.toycarracingblog.com
Old 06-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #2370
Tech Master

Quote:
What wt oil would you normally use for asphalt and carpet ? and how do you know when to go thinner or thicker ?

Do you also change depending on track/air temperature etc ?

Thanks.
Higher bite = thicker oil

Hotter conditions = thicker oil.

Some people have the same shock oil front and rear while others make the front a bit thicker (around 100-150 cSt difference). A lot of oil is feel of the car when you make changes. Have fun and experiment.

www.toycarracingblog.com