Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 PM
  #2086  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,169
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I run 64mm on both surfaces. The kit setup with a few tweaks should be a good place to start with for stock class racing, the main options I would add would be a gear diff (1000cSt Oil) for the rear and 50mm driveshafts all around. Actually it's just the opposite, making the shock longer will generate less pack which in turn will yield less traction.
+1

Yea what he said :P

-Korey
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 PM
  #2087  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker View Post
oh sorry, I meant front uprights!

my post was a little misleading as I was talking about the rear changes, and then also mentioned the uprights....I call the rears, hubs anyway, but it's all good If anything I'd like to run more than 4mm washers under the rear hubs, but wheel clearance issues wont allow me, so its lowering the inner rear camber links it will be instead.
If you get the option 10 mm ball studs and run the kit rod ends you can fit 5mm easily. I have 4.5 on my rear end and it sticks like melted butter to toast.
Benzaah is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 11:11 PM
  #2088  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 4RacerX View Post
Thanks for the information and response Fred.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 PM
  #2089  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
+1

Yea what he said :P

-Korey
See ya soon
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 09:57 AM
  #2090  
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

What is the advantage of going to 50mm driveshafts in the front?
John_S is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 10:11 AM
  #2091  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by John_S View Post
What is the advantage of going to 50mm driveshafts in the front?
more steering less stable then running 52mm shafts
mwoods is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
  #2092  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
more steering less stable then running 52mm shafts
To add to that, the car will change direction faster which is really apparent on tracks with chicanes. Since our asphalt and carpet tracks over here in the U.S. tend to have more grip than Euro style tracks we pretty much run them 99% of the time, 50mm driveshafts that is.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 12:18 PM
  #2093  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,871
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
To add to that, the car will change direction faster which is really apparent on tracks with chicanes. Since our asphalt and carpet tracks over here in the U.S. tend to have more grip than Euro style tracks we pretty much run them 99% of the time, 50mm driveshafts that is.
Fred, Are you running the 50mm ecs in the front? Is it worth the money to upgrade to the ecs setup? Thanks
haywood is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 12:22 PM
  #2094  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Fred, Are you running the 50mm ecs in the front? Is it worth the money to upgrade to the ecs setup? Thanks
Yep, Definitely!
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 01:17 PM
  #2095  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
more steering less stable then running 52mm shafts
Could someone please explain this me. I fail to see how, when you are physically on your max lock, (steering hub butted up-tight against the c-hub), 50mm front driveshafts can give you more steering than 52mm driveshafts.
RSCosworth is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:35 PM
  #2096  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
rcfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 1,510
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

On page 17 of the manual, camber link assembly, it tells you to assemble L1-L2 to the ball cup with the molded dot facing the inside of the L1-L2. If you were to do this it would be on the smaller opening of the ball cup causing binding. Just checking to see If the manual is incorrect before I possibly ruin the ball cups.
rcfiend is offline  
Old 05-07-2011, 04:35 PM
  #2097  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 4,145
Default

Originally Posted by RSCosworth View Post
Could someone please explain this me. I fail to see how, when you are physically on your max lock, (steering hub butted up-tight against the c-hub), 50mm front driveshafts can give you more steering than 52mm driveshafts.
When under power the drive shafts bind in the diff outdrives a bit and have a tendancy to want to impart a torque that forces the suspension to flatten out a bit... A longer drive shaft tends to bind more, impart torque, and resist roll more... In essence limiting roll somewhat like a roll bar.
Steve Weiss is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 AM
  #2098  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
jammincrtjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody know if there are other Low profile shock bladders that fit the Xray shocks? I keep getting a hole in the middle of the bladder after 5 or 6 runs.
jammincrtjames is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 AM
  #2099  
The Evicerator
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 4,145
Default

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
Does anybody know if there are other Low profile shock bladders that fit the Xray shocks? I keep getting a hole in the middle of the bladder after 5 or 6 runs.
Bladders from Tamiya and Hot Bodies will fit the Xray shocks ... I would recommend shaving the outside edges of them so that they fit inside the Xray threaded caps for easier building/bleeding
Steve Weiss is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
  #2100  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
jammincrtjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
Bladders from Tamiya and Hot Bodies will fit the Xray shocks ... I would recommend shaving the outside edges of them so that they fit inside the Xray threaded caps for easier building/bleeding
Thanks Steve. How do you shave the out site edges? I have problems with the bladders as well?
jammincrtjames is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.