Like Tree2Likes

Xray T3 2011

Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Couple of questions

Why are many people running the Tamiya shocks over the Xray shocks?

I will be running non boosted 17.5 on carpet and I am looking for a starting set-up for running the correct weights of lube in the gear diffs?

Thanks
Since I have been back racing the past couple of years I have never seen anyone run Tamiya shocks on their car. The only person I have ever seen run Tamiya shocks on almost every car he has is our buddy Juan Aveytia. Even at the carpet nats I went around the entire pit area and all the cars I saw were using the kit shocks...and we had ALOT of cars there

+1 Korey
Old 04-17-2011, 12:37 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Since I have been back racing the past couple of years I have never seen anyone run Tamiya shocks on their car. The only person I have ever seen run Tamiya shocks on almost every car he has is our buddy Juan Aveytia. Even at the carpet nats I went around the entire pit area and all the cars I saw were using the kit shocks...and we had ALOT of cars there

+1 Korey
One of our top racer in NW ,Brett sisley used Tamiya shock just about every TC he own....
Old 04-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Never seen Tamiya shocks on any Xray in FL, but I have seen a couple of posts from people that use them here on RCtech. So I wouldn't say that "many people" are running them, it is not very common.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Tamiya shocks have their reputation because children can build them, no shock builds so smooth with so little effort. I mean Xray shocks are nice for what they are but look at how many times have you seen people begging for a tutorial video on how to build them properly.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

So if I was to look at getting a T3, how long can I expect until Xray release a newer version?

I'm not opposed to them updating the car constantly, just wondering if there are any update rumours, or new parts required.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by $$$...
So if I was to look at getting a T3, how long can I expect until Xray release a newer version?

I'm not opposed to them updating the car constantly, just wondering if there are any update rumours, or new parts required.
I dont think xray will bring out a car untill the end of
The year ...
Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So i'm looking into getting back in the swing of things as far as racing, i'm going to use my 10' T3 and i'm wondering if it's worth the trouble of upgrading the parts to make it the 11' verison. Also, what is a good final gear ratio to use for a 13.5 class?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default Screws

Does anyone have a titanium screw set yet ?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by $$$...

Xray is a lot like Apple. You won't know till it is released and it's usually around the same time each year - Sept 'ish. If you wait till then, I'm sure you can pick up a T3'11 for a good deal.

T3 is still an excellent car.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Default 2011 Xray Challenge

Paul Lemieux set to attend.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T3 2011-2011-xray-challenge-flyer-1-.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Does anyone have a titanium screw set yet ?
Given most of us are still adding weight to the car... I wouldn't spend the money on ti. I do use ti hardware on the bottom of my car. But they are left over mugen Ti screws I already had to make the bottom totally flat. Most are about a dollar each, The money is better spent on things like the new roll center mounts.

Cheers
Old 04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats up with the new clamps and the ball studs not screwing all the way down because the ball stud does not have thread all the way up to the top of the collar? You have to force it in if you want to run zero shims.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Whats up with the new clamps and the ball studs not screwing all the way down because the ball stud does not have thread all the way up to the top of the collar? You have to force it in if you want to run zero shims.
Because of the way that the ball studs are made you can't get the threads all the way to the top. The proper fix would be to back cut the holes for the clamps the distance of the none threaded part of the ball stud. Sort of what you doing when you force the ball stud all the way into the clamp, although the back cut will ensure that you don't bugger up the threads.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ti

I just want to put the weight were i want . I already have the clamps and milled one mil off the height to get the inner link lower and used the ball off the shock with a set screw thread locked in so it doesn't come loose.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default hmmmmm

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard

+1 Korey
Whilst I labour with Xray shocks, I regret selling my T2'008 (which I got second hand) which had trf shocks on them. I build my car like a nerd, but getting the black shocks consistent is very difficult indeed, and takes about the longest part of a re-build. That said the plastic shocks are light, and therfore they lower unsprung weight and also Centre of Gravity as a result!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.